I am going to say it

PG: Tweety Carter
SG: Lace Dunn
SG: Nolan Dennis
PF: Quincy Acy
C: Ekpe Udoh

That should be a nice team. Very athletic in the post, and can really shoot from the outside.

How is that different from their last 2-3 teams?

We'll see if Carter/Dunn can deal with being THE guys, instead of the 3rd and 4th options. I also think they'll miss Rogers, though he underachieved some in my eyes.

It's different because Udoh is a NBA level shot blocker and an excellent rebounder, Tweety Carter is more of a distributor than Jerrells, and it will simplify their offense with a few less scorers with the abscense of Jerrells, Dugat, and Rogers.

The Udoh transfer is what had me scratching my head with Baylor. The guy was leaving Michigan after being named what, all defensive team or something. Then he was looking at OU and OSU. His best friend, Muenelo, is at OSU and Udoh said he wanted to be closer to home. Combine that with the fact that OSU had ZERO big men to compete against and rumors that he had told Obi they would room together (just a rumor maybe) and Baylor just doesn't really fit into the equation. Plus, Baylor just doesn't use their Bigs.

Drew and Kim Mulky are both getting bigtime recruits to come to Waco.

Thank goodness Udoh didnt end up at Oklahoma State.

Nobody prepares a player for the next level like Scott Drew. Book it.

The Udoh transfer is what had me scratching my head with Baylor. The guy was leaving Michigan after being named what, all defensive team or something. Then he was looking at OU and OSU. His best friend, Muenelo, is at OSU and Udoh said he wanted to be closer to home. Combine that with the fact that OSU had ZERO big men to compete against and rumors that he had told Obi they would room together (just a rumor maybe) and Baylor just doesn't really fit into the equation. Plus, Baylor just doesn't use their Bigs.

Udoh is also similar to Dennis because he came out strongly for OU and really was secondary about Baylor and then all of a sudden he commits to Baylor.

well i do think something fishy may be going on there, but cant most fans say that about most conference/rival schools? regardless if it's true or not.

it may be a little of that, but it also must be pointed out that Texas has become a recruiting hotbed the last several years. first UT seized that (TJ Ford, Aldridge, etc.) and used those great players to up their program and now they're landing national recruits (Durant, Bradley, the other kid from Compton, etc.) along with the top players in TX.

the natural reprocussions of loads of TX talent paired with UT not needing all of them will indeed help all the other schools out, ie: Baylor, A&M and even OU.

let's not forget many black families in/around TX are Baptist, Baylor is a Baptist university and a very fine private school as well. there could be worse things for many of these kids.

Drew may be dirty but he's also using Baylor's assets, education, location to momma, Big 12 exposure/tv, etc. to his advantage. it's not his fault that Baylor coach after Baylor coach has been crummy in the past.

Thank goodness Udoh didnt end up at Oklahoma State.

You are joking right? He did little in high school and he will be a non factor in the big 12. He might block a few shots, but he will get abused in the post when he can not come from the weakside to block shots. He weighs about 100 pounds and can not score on anybody. He is a nice kid, but he is not a big time player.

Back