I am going to say it

OULad

Reaction score
Scott Drew is dirty. I cannot wait for Baylor to get the death penalty.

You wouldn't be the only one to think that. I have heard it from several different recruiting guys. UCONN and Baylor are the names most often brought up.

Proof? Nothing as of yet.

Cheat or no cheat, Scott Drew still has to convince them to go to a traditionless school in Waco Texas. I must applaud the man for that :clap.

DYK? This year's bear squad had the second most wins in school history....and it got them to the NIT. That's some shatty tradition if you ask me.

I think some recruits really buy into being a "program changer", and I imagine some coaches (i.e. Drew) are really good at selling that.

I think some recruits really buy into being a "program changer", and I imagine some coaches (i.e. Drew) are really good at selling that.

Probably right on that.

Tweety to Lace, "Drew said I was the program changer!"
Dennis: "No he just told me that I am"

While all along Baylor remains unchanged and stuck in neutral.

While all along Baylor remains unchanged and stuck in neutral.

I don't know about that.

Drew managed (innocent, until proven guilty...) to at least put a competitive team on the court, and brought in a good bit of talent. What he's done at Baylor is pretty impressive.

I don't know about that.

Drew managed (innocent, until proven guilty...) to at least put a competitive team on the court, and brought in a good bit of talent. What he's done at Baylor is pretty impressive.

I would say that they have underachieved at this point as compared to the talent on that roster during the last three years.

I think he has done a GREAT job helping the program recover from utter dispair but has yet to take them to the next level.

He will have a decent chance next year with the depth and quality coming in....

Dennis ****
Carter ***** (MCDAA)
Lace ****
Acey ****
Udoh **** (he might really be the key with his defensive and rebounding abilities)

Bench
Loomers
Jones
Ellis
Walton

I don't know about that.

They're still same ol Baylor to me and will remain that till they can beat us.

I give the guy credit for being a good recruiter and reviving their program. But I can think of 20 - 30 other coaches who could do better with the talent he's brought in.

If he is dirty as some suggest it won't be long until he gets in trouble with the NCAA. We all know that the NCAA won't go after the 'big boys', ie USC in football. Baylor is exactly the kind of school the NCAA likes to make an example of.

Last edited:
You wouldn't be the only one to think that. I have heard it from several different recruiting guys. UCONN and Baylor are the names most often brought up.

I'm not sure who you mean when you say "recruiting guys" but Drew's reputation among AAU coaches and administrators is that of a tireless worker and a class act. I have argued several times that he has a lot going for him because of his youth, charisma, faith and style of play that athletes love to play.

Now, that all being said, I have wondered a little about Nolan Dennis for a while now. He has the reputation of being a guy with his "hand out" and he was committed to Calipari and Memphis, a coach and program that has had a lot of smoke around it. Then when UConn was one of his final two (ha!), I started to wonder if Capel was going to be able to compete with his expectations, if you know what I mean...

However, I don't want to besmirch Dennis's rep or Coach Drew's. Dennis said that Drew has recruited him since he was in the eight grade and that he stuck with him as a friend even after he was committed to Memphis. This situation is the first time that I have allowed myself to really wonder about Drew, mostly because Nolan committed before he came to Norman or UConn. But to be honest, that is probably coming more from the sting of losing a guy I was sure we were getting than anything improper that may have happened.

Yeah, but that "program changer" line gets old when nothing really changes.

Baylor is not as bad as they were before Drew arrived. But the fact remains that he continues to underachieve season after season with some of the best talent in the Big 12. One would think semi-intelligent kids with half a brain would realize that eventually. :confused:

Does Drew give them the old and tired line - 'Commit now and don't take any more visits or the offer will be withdrawn'? If I had a kid going through recruiting I would tell him to schedule his visits and take all of them, no matter what any of the coaches say. Then make up your mind.

Unfortunately, many of these kids don't have a strong parent and their AAU coach or handler is getting $$$$ under the table that they aren't even aware of.

Is it really that hard to see why good guards would want to go there? They pretty much have the freedom to run/shoot as much/often as they want, all the while, playing little to no defense. Couple that with a just about guaranteed starting spot, something few teams could probably offer at this point, and it makes sense. Not every basketball player wants to go to the best program, or the team that is going to be better the following year.

Is it really that hard to see why good guards would want to go there? They pretty much have the freedom to run/shoot as much/often as they want, all the while, playing little to no defense. Couple that with a just about guaranteed starting spot, something few teams could probably offer at this point, and it makes sense. Not every basketball player wants to go to the best program, or the team that is going to be better the following year.

That's not really a description of the type of player that I would want on our team, but I see your point.

Drew needs to find an assistant coach who can actually come in and be the X's and O's guy. With Drew's recruiting and an actual coach Baylor could be dangerous.

Drew needs to find an assistant coach who can actually come in and be the X's and O's guy. With Drew's recruiting and an actual coach Baylor could be dangerous.

The coach should be the ultimate X's and O's guy and the assistants should be the support. You can't win in the big12 with a perimeter based mid major philosophy. His philosophy may work at a Valpo, Drake, or Creighton, but it will only bring you so far in the Big12.

TU is exactly right. They get those kinds of kids. That's why as a team they never live up to expectations.

PG: Tweety Carter
SG: Lace Dunn
SG: Nolan Dennis
PF: Quincy Acy
C: Ekpe Udoh

That should be a nice team. Very athletic in the post, and can really shoot from the outside.

PG: Tweety Carter
SG: Lace Dunn
SG: Nolan Dennis
PF: Quincy Acy
C: Ekpe Udoh

That should be a nice team. Very athletic in the post, and can really shoot from the outside.

Top 25 on talent alone. Jerrells leaving wil help that team. He's a black hole. When he gets the ball he overdribbles.

Back