I can sum up our season in a single play...

pnkranger

Reaction score
...down by 5 with 2 minutes left. Tiny gets the ball on the block versus a 6'1" PG. Instead of backing the guy down for an easy deuce, he tries to go behind the back to a cutting Tony Crocker and throws the ball out of bounds. CU scores, 7 point game.

We just cannot string together enough smart possessions to win.

Yep...and Capel put his face in his hands.

It actually was a good pass (Crocker wasn't expecting it), but it was an AWFUL decision. Take that midget guard and get the 2 points instead of trying to make the flashy play.

I think if you summed up our season in a play it would have to include transition defense. Maybe Warren driving to the basket, throwing up a leaner, falling to the ground, not getting back past half court while the other team gets a 3 on 2 layups, ending in a 3-point play.

that has happened all year long, including last night

...down by 5 with 2 minutes left. Tiny gets the ball on the block versus a 6'1" PG. Instead of backing the guy down for an easy deuce, he tries to go behind the back to a cutting Tony Crocker and throws the ball out of bounds. CU scores, 7 point game.

We just cannot string together enough smart possessions to win.

That play, or the two consecutive possessions that Ryan Wright had a ball go right off his hands, easy balls to handle, that resulted in turnovers. Guy drives me nuts.

On a side note, I thought the CU student section chanting "USA, USA, USA" while Wright was shooting FT's was pretty funny.

...or in the 2nd half when WW was at the top of the key and passed to TMG on the wing, who then shoots a 3 but misses, and CU takes a long rebound in transition for 2. Where was WW besides watching it all unfold?

There were any number of plays on both ends of the floor last night that served as grim reminders of so many we have seen before. That is the most frustrating part to me. Every team makes mistakes. But how a team with so much talent on paper can continue to commit the same errors time after time for an entire season is a total mystery?

No wonder Coach Capel buried his face in his hands! He may need a shrink when this season is over.

I think if you summed up our season in a play it would have to include transition defense. Maybe Warren driving to the basket, throwing up a leaner, falling to the ground, not getting back past half court while the other team gets a 3 on 2 layups, ending in a 3-point play.

that has happened all year long, including last night

Yup lack of transition D is more like it. WW came in the game last night and well nevermind

There were any number of plays on both ends of the floor last night that served as grim reminders of so many we have seen before. That is the most frustrating part to me. Every team makes mistakes. But how a team with so much talent on paper can continue to commit the same errors time after time for an entire season is a total mystery?
No wonder Coach Capel buried his face in his hands! He may need a shrink when this season is over.

Why don't you ask Roy Williams about that one?

Tiny's missed dunk that shattered the backboard also stands out.

Back