I watched the Wayman Tisdale Story again last night

Pretty good list but laughable at the guards ranked ahead of Steph Curry. His lack of respect continues.

I guess I don't see it. Exactly which players are laughably rated above Curry? Is it Cleaves, Allan, Hamilton, Kidd, Jamear Nelson, Jason Williams, Iverson, Jimmy Jackson, Hawkins, Ainge, Dawkins, Reddick, Hurly, etc. or perhaps the older guys?

This is opinion but I don't think it is reasonable to say the list is laughable. Consider the great college players that are not on that list. For example, Mookie Blaylock and Chauncy Billups are not on that list. I don't think I saw Clyde Drexler on the list. Just making that list is a huge honor.

Any list that has JJ Redick & Johnny Dawkins ranked ahead of Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson & Steph Curry is a clown list.

But when you look at the bio of the author you see he's a Dallas Cowboys fan and Josh Hamilton is one of his top 3 athletes so he's not playing with a full deck and why he's published on bleacher report.

I don't know who was better between the three guys but the article indicates Dawkins was the Naismith which distinguishes him from Curry. It also indicates Reddick was a two time AA (1st team while Curry was a 2nd team one year and first another) and won the AP Player of the Year, Wooden Award and Naismith Award. Therefore, it would seem to me the person creating that list at least had some basis for his or her opinion.

For me just making the list is a huge honor. I can think of lots of players that were exceptional college basketball players and did not make the list.

Yeah Jason White won the Heisman over Larry Fitzgerald too. Winning national awards is more about the team than the player the majority of the time and a horrible way to rank greatness. How many votes did Iverson lose for being gangster? Kidd playing at Cal? Curry playing at tiny Davidson and slaying giants in March? Everybody knew their greatness no matter where they played or what their personality.

Nobody who watched Iverson, Jason Kidd or Steph Curry is going to rate them below JJ Redick or Johnny Dawkins head to head unless they are dukie V zombies.

Kidd only played 1 year at Cal and Iverson 2 at Georgetown, correct? Guys like Dawkins and Redick that played all 4 years are going to have more impressive bodies of work. Kidd and Iverson were NBA all-stars by the time they would have been college seniors.

Back