I wouldn't trade TMG for the French Okie Henry

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Not in a million years would I trade TMG for X Henry, even with X leading number 1 ranked KU in scoring at 18.0 a game.

X Henry 18.0 pts, 4.1 rebs, 1.8 ast

TMG = 10.3 pts, 3.1 rebs, 5.0 ast

Henry is going to the NBA after this season

TMG will be a 4 year player for OU.

Not in a million years would I trade TMG for X Henry, even with X leading number 1 ranked KU in scoring at 18.0 a game.

X Henry 18.0 pts, 4.1 rebs, 1.8 ast

TMG = 10.3 pts, 3.1 rebs, 5.0 ast

Henry is going to the NBA after this season

TMG will be a 4 year player for OU.

My dream for TMG is that by the time he leaves OU, the rest of the conference will be saying, "It seems like he's been there 10 years!" :woot

I watched KU play yesterday at the Sprint Center and Henry was outstanding. The debate is as follows: would you take a one and done if he can help your team get to a Final Four as opposed to a 4 year player who may be good but doesn't take your team to a Final Four? I would prefer long term program stability instead of instant gratification, especially with such an important position of PG in college bball. But, it would be hard to not want a player as good as Henry is (he and Wall could be in the league right now and play at a high level) even if it is for one season. Tough decision with the outcome undecided at this point until the end of Henry's and TMG's careers.

My dream for TMG is that by the time he leaves OU, the rest of the conference will be saying, "It seems like he's been there 10 years!" :woot

this.

Guy is the next Jameer Nelson. By the time he leaves they won't be saying "he lost 40lbs over the summer" every year.

X Henry is very good though. Let's not take any credit away from this kid.

Last edited:
this.

Guy is the next Jameer Nelson. By the time he leaves they won't be saying "he lost 40lbs over the summer" every year.

X Henry is very good though. Let's not take any credit away from this kid.

Not taking any credit from him X is ready for the NBA now, it doesn't hurt to be able to free lance as a SF like KU allows him to do. He isn't required to hit the boards much or counted on to create assits. KU has so many weapons he feels no pressure.

this.

Guy is the next jameer nelson. By the time he leaves they won't be saying "he lost 40lbs over the summer" every year.

X henry is very good though. Let's not take any credit away from this kid.

means

I want a kid to come to OU that believes in the School and State not a player that plays the system and go to a school with a big name and is waiting for his ticket to be bunched to the NBA. I certainly hope there are no more Henry's left in OK because I want a kid that loves Oklahoma and OU.....

I want a kid to come to OU that believes in the School and State not a player that plays the system and go to a school with a big name and is waiting for his ticket to be bunched to the NBA. I certainly hope there are no more Henry's left in OK because I want a kid that loves Oklahoma and OU.....

I think tiny said he wanted to do one and gone, it could happen.

I think tiny said he wanted to do one and gone, it could happen.

He said that long before he committed to OU. He has actually said that he could see himself staying for 2 years. Wish I could remember where the quote was... but I remember there being a post a long while back, that featured this quote.

Tiny has kind of changed his stance on this. I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Tiny will at least stay one more year. The coaches are teaching him the nuances of being a back to the basket post player. Once he starts doing this consistently and doing it well they will let him shoot from the outside a little more. He's making good progress because look at the shots the coaches let him shoot yesterday. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

it's all in the timing.
add x to the team LAST year, and maybe we have a shot at a national championship.
maybe again next year or the year after.
this year? no way. i take tmg.

it's all in the timing.
add x to the team LAST year, and maybe we have a shot at a national championship.

Great post. TMG is exactly what OU needs at this point in the program. He is an All Conference level guy who will play at a high level for 4 years. He's the type of guy you got to Final Fours with.

When I say Xavier's name I say it like it's supposed to be pronounced, not how he pronounces it.

When I say Xavier's name I say it like it's supposed to be pronounced, not how he pronounces it.

Just depends on which country you're in. :)

Some other fun names from recruiting this year (RSCI Top 100:

Adreian Payne (do people think they can just stick letters wherever they want)

Okaro White

Vander Blue

Keala King (is it Kee-lah or Ke-alah?)

it's all in the timing.

Exactly.
If you're KU you'd rather have X.
If you're OU you'd rather have TMG.

What he could have done for last years team......I think TMG may have the best pg career at OU before it is over. He may not be a 4 yr player but it seems likely and I expect the other teams in the big12 will get sick of him. :clap:clap:clap

Well, if we're talking about who gets you to the final four then I'd have to say KU could make it with either X or TMG. It's already an outstanding team that's good enough to get there without X. He's not the difference IMO.....just another quality ingredient.

Well, if we're talking about who gets you to the final four then I'd have to say KU could make it with either X or TMG. It's already an outstanding team that's good enough to get there without X. He's not the difference IMO.....just another quality ingredient.

No, he's the difference in KU making a run at the national championship and not. He's fantastic. By reports I've read here over the last year, X needed a lot of work, that he wasn't as good as his ranking. He's better than his HS ranking. Kid is flat out killin' it. He's been KU's most consistent player and that's saying a lot considering they have two potential first team all-american's not named Xavier. He is what KU was missing last year and that's a big-time shooter and scorer. Kid's stroke is as good as I've seen from a frosh.

I think TMG may have the best pg career at OU before it is over.
I agree. He definitely has a good shot at it. He's outstanding.

There really is some great freshmen in the Big 12 this year. It's going to be a fun conference race.

Back