I wouldn't trade TMG for the French Okie Henry

Willie can pass/create better.

which is why i think he can play point guard at an NBA level, in that case his size is ideal, he can work on his shooting mechanics, he's a proven scorer and the question can potentially becomes great PG vs great SG?

which is why i think he can play point guard at an NBA level, in that case his size is ideal, he can work on his shooting mechanics, he's a proven scorer and the question can potentially becomes great PG vs great SG?

I agree. I think WW is an NBA point.

Who would he compare to in terms of NBA point guards? I really can't think of a point guard who matches his game in the NBA, unless I am missing someone (which is entirely possible).

Who would he compare to in terms of NBA point guards? I really can't think of a point guard who matches his game in the NBA, unless I am missing someone (which is entirely possible).

Rajon Rondo is the guy who comes to mind for me.

Rondo is a great defensive player with a huge wingspan.... Im not sure I like that comparison. Back it up with something? :)

When Rondo entered the league he couldn't shoot as well as the average NBA point and was athletic enough to guard anyone, but wasn't a great defender. He ended up in a good situation and kept working on his game eventually he became a plus defender and an average shooter. Willie will be a better guy at getting to the hoop and may develope his defense. If he does he can be like Rondo.

I think Rondo is an ok comparison and Westbrook would be better because he is transitioning into a PG very well, Warren is further along offensively and if TMG wasnt here, WW would probably be averaging 7-8 assists, I don't think passing is gonna be a problem.

Billups?? Same build, same game until Chauncey took time to become an all around player.

yep...just like you told Xavier.

I just think its immature and petty for people to make fun of his name.
I think you have the sense of humor of a 3rd grade math teacher. Sorry that Xavier was in your class and he said "hey" to you one time and you took to him. You should try joking it off like Grace did. As if I actually cared how he pronounced his name, lol.

I think you have the sense of humor of a 3rd grade math teacher. Sorry that Xavier was in your class and he said "hey" to you one time and you took to him. You should try joking it off like Grace did. As if I actually cared how he pronounced his name, lol.

your awesome man. sorry i didn't get your "sarcasm" if that is what you were attempting. This website has an obsession with his name. hell there was even an entire thread about it.

Billups?? Same build, same game until Chauncey took time to become an all around player.

I think Billups is a good example. When he was at CU people said he couldn't be an NBA PG...that he was more a two. I think Baron Davis is another example. Russell Westbrook is spot on. Even Mario Chalmers...Mario was never the starting PG at KU yet he's a starting PG in the NBA.

your awesome man. sorry i didn't get your "sarcasm" if that is what you were attempting. This website has an obsession with his name. hell there was even an entire thread about it.
Thanks for the shout out. Haha did they really have a thread about it here? That's hilarious. Too bad I missed out on that one, hopefully someone will start a new one.

Thanks for the shout out. Haha did they really have a thread about it here? That's hilarious. Too bad I missed out on that one, hopefully someone will start a new one.

Yeah, there were lots of threads about X awhile back. Not many lately. I wonder why? :ez-roll:

it's all in the timing.
add x to the team LAST year, and maybe we have a shot at a national championship.
maybe again next year or the year after.
this year? no way. i take tmg.

I respectfully disagree. Add TMG to OU last season and we put it on UNC. Blake was the best on the floor, but a close second was Lawson. AJ just was not a PG..not quick enough to defend or beat the UNC press. Add Henry and we are better, but we still have no answer to the weaknesses that UNC exploited. With a true PG, OU cuts down the nets.

Back