I wouldn't trade TMG for the French Okie Henry

65.jpg

"Stick it in your ear, La Fleur. I wouldn't trade TMG for all of King Midas' silver. The point guard is ours! So you can take your band of yellow-bellied losers and just crawl on outta here!"
-White Goodman

My dream for TMG is that by the time he leaves OU, the rest of the conference will be saying, "It seems like he's been there 10 years!" :woot

That is exactly what they are going to say because TMG plays like he has already been here for 2 years.

No, he's the difference in KU making a run at the national championship and not. He's fantastic. By reports I've read here over the last year, X needed a lot of work, that he wasn't as good as his ranking. He's better than his HS ranking. Kid is flat out killin' it. He's been KU's most consistent player and that's saying a lot considering they have two potential first team all-american's not named Xavier. He is what KU was missing last year and that's a big-time shooter and scorer. Kid's stroke is as good as I've seen from a frosh.

Yep, X is absolutely winning the KU fanbase as we speak. I ragged on the kid because I have some history with his family, but the kid can flat out play, and he is proving to be BETTER than advertised. He also is winning his teammates/coaches over with his work ethic and his humility.

The big question to me is these kids have not went anywhere that they had to carry any school. I know that OU has not got the talent that KU does. Blake came to OU and did everything he could to help this school get to the big game and it almost happened. It is easier to fit in with at team surrounded by that many players. That is the reason I have so much respect for Blake and his family because they came to OU to represent the State and did a hell of job. I believe the Griffin's have already showed up to OU games this year and that is the type of family I want to come to OU. Rain or shine OU will soon become just as good as KU. The question is when this kids at KU leave what will Mr. Henry do then when he is the man.

The big question to me is these kids have not went anywhere that they had to carry any school. I know that OU has not got the talent that KU does. Blake came to OU and did everything he could to help this school get to the big game and it almost happened. It is easier to fit in with at team surrounded by that many players. That is the reason I have so much respect for Blake and his family because they came to OU to represent the State and did a hell of job. I believe the Griffin's have already showed up to OU games this year and that is the type of family I want to come to OU. Rain or shine OU will soon become just as good as KU. The question is when this kids at KU leave what will Mr. Henry do then when he is the man.

If Henry ever becomes "the man" in the NBA, he won't have to do anything for the school, his pedigree will speak for itself.

I have to admit I was wrong about Henry, the kid is flat out killing it right now, I thought he might struggle for a bit.

If both players were going to stay in school for 4 years it would be nuts to take TMG over Henry. But, since that isn't going to happen, I'm thrilled with TMG.

Completely different players and so it is hard to compare. I thought X was great in high school and thought he would be great in college. I'm not suprised at all at his success. Everyone that knew anything recruited him hard.

However, a point guard that can stop the opposing point from dribble penetration, handle the ball, get you in your sets, hit an occasional jumper and hit most of his free throws are really rare and worth their price in gold. Whoever said he is the next Jameer Nelson hit is exactly on the head. He is a Jameer clone in my opinion.

If I was starting a team, I would want an aircraft carrier in the middle first, but then I would want a point just like TMG.

I say lets have this discussion after OU and Kansas play. We'll decide after we see how Cade matches up with X and TMG with Collins, morningstar and Johnson. Lets decide then.

No, he's the difference in KU making a run at the national championship and not. He's fantastic. By reports I've read here over the last year, X needed a lot of work, that he wasn't as good as his ranking. He's better than his HS ranking. Kid is flat out killin' it. He's been KU's most consistent player and that's saying a lot considering they have two potential first team all-american's not named Xavier. He is what KU was missing last year and that's a big-time shooter and scorer. Kid's stroke is as good as I've seen from a frosh.

I agree. He definitely has a good shot at it. He's outstanding.

There really is some great freshmen in the Big 12 this year. It's going to be a fun conference race.

Don't forget how well he takes and tea bag and how much he enjoys that type of thing. Those Europeans are quite liberated.

Don't forget how well he takes and tea bag and how much he enjoys that type of thing. Those Europeans are quite liberated.

Its pretty sad that people reference a dunk that happened about 4 years ago... Xavier Henry is a big time player and better than Willie Warren in pretty much every way except passing the ball, but thats not his role.

No NBA franchise or college coach would choose Willie over Xavier, IMO.

The guy is 6'6'' 220, younger than Willie, and is the leading scorer for a loaded Kansas team with two other All-Americans... He shoots 53% from the 3pt line, 82% from the foul line, and 56% from the field. The guy is big time. He is better than everyone thought he would be.

I don't think this is true at all. Either way I think we will find out in the spring.

If you are an NBA gm and your team needs a shooting guard in the lottery, would you take the 6'6'' 225 guy who can shoot the 3 as good as anyone and is a big time athlete? Or would you take the 6'3'' 200 guy who shoots 26% from the 3pt line and shoots from his hip?

I'd take Corey Higgins over both of them.

Its pretty sad that people reference a dunk that happened about 4 years ago... Xavier Henry is a big time player and better than Willie Warren in pretty much every way except passing the ball, but thats not his role.
No NBA franchise or college coach would choose Willie over Xavier, IMO.
The guy is 6'6'' 220, younger than Willie, and is the leading scorer for a loaded Kansas team with two other All-Americans... He shoots 53% from the 3pt line, 82% from the foul line, and 56% from the field. The guy is big time. He is better than everyone thought he would be.

I'm not so sure I agree with that either. Willie quite possibly could be a better NBA player than college and he's a helluva college player. If he has his head on straight the sky is the limit.
10 years from now let's hope Willie's claim to fame isn't that he "tea bagged" X in high school once. If his head is on straight it won't be.
But that single play is kind of symbolic of how Willie's career has been to date.
Great play...followed by a little bit of attitude that didn't help the team.
If he cuts out the other stuff I think Willie can be an NBA All Star.

If both players were going to stay in school for 4 years it would be nuts to take TMG over Henry. But, since that isn't going to happen, I'm thrilled with TMG.

Norm X isn't staying in school 2 years are you kidding? The kid already has a NBA ready body and is leading the number 1 team in the country in scoring. He comes from Basketball bloodlines and has a good family life to boot he is very well rounded and grounded. X has been groomed for this opportunity.

You look at X and you see a potential Kobe Bryant (6/6 220 and he is 18). If the draft was held today he would be a top 10 pick for sure I predict top 4. The only player that is safely ahead of X is Wall, X's ceilling is that high.

Self has already started recruiting his replacement.

Norm X isn't staying in school 2 years are you kidding? The kid already has a NBA ready body and is leading the number 1 team in the country in scoring. He comes from Basketball bloodlines and has a good family life to boot he is very well rounded and grounded. X has been groomed for this opportunity.

You look at X and you see a potential Kobe Bryant (6/6 220 and he is 18). If the draft was held today he would be a top 10 pick for sure I predict top 4. The only player that is safely ahead of X is Wall, X's ceilling is that high.

Self has already started recruiting his replacement.
That's the reason I said what I said.

If you are an NBA gm and your team needs a shooting guard in the lottery, would you take the 6'6'' 225 guy who can shoot the 3 as good as anyone and is a big time athlete? Or would you take the 6'3'' 200 guy who shoots 26% from the 3pt line and shoots from his hip?

Impressive! He gained 5 pounds in between your posts ;) as for Willie vs Zaviay, lets wait until the end of the season. Both are tremendous talents and do things the other can't.

Impressive! He gained 5 pounds in between your posts ;) as for Willie vs Zaviay, lets wait until the end of the season. Both are tremendous talents and do things the other can't.

Willie can pass/create better.

Shoots from his hip LOL ouch dog

Back