I wouldn't trade TMG for the French Okie Henry

I respectfully disagree. Add TMG to OU last season and we put it on UNC. Blake was the best on the floor, but a close second was Lawson. AJ just was not a PG..not quick enough to defend or beat the UNC press. Add Henry and we are better, but we still have no answer to the weaknesses that UNC exploited. With a true PG, OU cuts down the nets.

Add TMG and we put it on UNC? UNC rolled us and everyone out of the gym. TMG would not have made a difference against UNC. Good lord boy put down the glue.

LMAO

Add TMG and we put it on UNC? UNC rolled us and everyone out of the gym. TMG would not have made a difference against UNC. Good lord boy put down the glue.

LMAO

we actually played them very well. 2-19 is what did us in

Don't you know buttermaker hates OU?? There's no reasoning with him. Just let him churn away.

They did defend the perimeter extremely well. Still wish I could see how that game would go if we could have hit some shots early.

Enter X Henry. TMG is going to be a very good player but Xavier Henry is at another level. If you want to argue you'd take TMG over X because he's going to be around for 4 years and X is one and done then I totally agree.
But right now X is the much better player. All the experts that saw X in high school and said he wasn't that good, he was selfish, he was overrated, etc well really aren't experts. They were blinded by their dislike of him and his family. Say what you want about his dad, his name, whatever....kid can flat out go.

I don't think many (I certainly didn't) folks ever said that Xavier was a bad player. His stats don't surprise me at all. He is a stud on the the court....no doubt about it. It never was about that on this board. It is about the shots that he took at the two major state basketball programs, and how big of a punk his father was/is.

Just wanted to clear that up before it becomes some myth that folks like myself questioned him as a basketball player. I said that John Wall was the best prospect in the nation, and I stand by that, but Xavier is a GREAT basketball player. I just don't care for he or his father.

Carry on....

I don't think many (I certainly didn't) folks ever said that Xavier was a bad player. His stats don't surprise me at all. He is a stud on the the court....no doubt about it. It never was about that on this board. It is about the shots that he took at the two major state basketball programs, and how big of a punk his father was/is.

Just wanted to clear that up before it becomes some myth that folks like myself questioned him as a basketball player. I said that John Wall was the best prospect in the nation, and I stand by that, but Xavier is a GREAT basketball player. I just don't care for he or his father.

Carry on....

Agree there was no need for the fake french dad to take shots at OU and OSU. Kid can ball big time and he will be in the NBA next year.

I think some let their disdain for the Henry's cloud their judgment of his play but it was pretty rare. Most people just didn't like the fact that the Henry's badmouthed the state schools. I can definitely respect that.

The person who looks like an idiot is Jeff Goodman @ Fox Sports who said Henry looked overweight, was a volume shooter, and hadn't improved since his sophomore year in HS!!! LOL>:ez-roll:

I think some let their disdain for the Henry's cloud their judgment of his play but it was pretty rare. Most people just didn't like the fact that the Henry's badmouthed the state schools. I can definitely respect that.

The person who looks like an idiot is Jeff Goodman @ Fox Sports who said Henry looked overweight, was a volume shooter, and hadn't improved since his sophomore year in HS!!! LOL>:ez-roll:

Henry's great play is good news for everyone, KU gets the good play for 1 year. Oklahoma will finally be rid of the fake french Henry family. Hopefully they will move to KS or following x-zob-e-a to his NBA destination playing sponge/agent go between/endorsement go between.

I get it that Sooner fans dont like him and are upset about his father and family dissing OU and OSU...

but when we played against each other this summer in a league, he came off as a pretty cool guy...didnt seem arrogant or anything like that...

it is funny to me how people can hate a guy based on where he chooses to go to school and maybe some immature comments he has made...

I also dont get all worked up over the name thing...one of my teammates in high school actually changed his name from Tosh to Taj...whatever floats their boat i guess...

We didn't start the dissing contest Carl did. The kid is fine hope he does well. I wouldn't help Carl change a tire let him call someone from KS or KY. If he doesn't like the state or state schools he should keep his mouth shut He also has hurt OU and OSU's ability to recruit in state players. He is a AAU coach in our state and disses OU and OSU's program. What kind of person does that?

but when we played against each other this summer in a league, he came off as a pretty cool guy...didnt seem arrogant or anything like that...

That's everything I've ever heard about him.
A yes sir, no sir kind of kid.

Back