If Buzz says NO...

Oliver Hardy

Reaction score
Don't know if he will or won't. But if he does say no, where do you guys think we go next --- and I mean serious candidates and does Geno get another inquiry from Joe C. again?

Why would Shaka come here and is he even under consideration or interested?

I think Joe C. is really, really under the gun on this one. A bad choice and OU men's basketball will be dead for a decade.

quit saying those other names dammit.

it's shaka smart. that's it.

I wonder if we shouldn't have given it to Evans much earlier?

Don't know if he will or won't. But if he does say no, where do you guys think we go next --- and I mean serious candidates
and does Geno get another inquiry from Joe C. again?

NC

IMO, it's corn pone or bust. I would like to see Joe make a run at Pat.

Bill Donovan - $6.1 million per. Cut Stoops' salary in half. Do it Joe!

Im guessing Evans is our second choice

I'm tellin' ya...not another dime.

If Joe has so little respect for this program that he hires Evans then they won't get another dime out of me.

ever.

I'm tellin' ya...not another dime.

If Joe has so little respect for this program that he hires Evans then they won't get another dime out of me.

ever.

Agree... Time to pay some money and get experience...

Shaka this comment...no on him

you guys don't even have reasons for these other chumps whose names you put up.

"oh...he sounds neat"
"well he sure seems excited to come here"
"He knows Justin Bieber!"

Butler's coach would be a phenom but he's not going anywhere. So we need the next best available.

Well what are your reasons for wanting Shaka Smart other than one solitary tournament run?

you guys don't even have reasons for these other chumps whose names you put up.

"oh...he sounds neat"
"well he sure seems excited to come here"
"He knows Justin Bieber!"

Butler's coach would be a phenom but he's not going anywhere. So we need the next best available.

Pat Summitt is not a chump. BD is not a chump. Geno on the other hand is a chump. Clyde Drexler might be a good choice if he would show up to the games on time.

Well what are your reasons for wanting Shaka Smart other than one solitary tournament run?

(from the other thread)
Of course I will point this all out now and VCU will get blasted by KU because of the athleticism mismatch.

If you watch/compare the styles of Buzz and Shaka Smart then you walk away instantly impressed with Smart. No offense to Buzz (who I am sure is a good coach) but Smart's style just smacks of hard work and preparation on both sides of the court.

His teams defensively remind you of what Billy Tubbs did in the past - pressing hard after made baskets and using the full court press often. He also changes up defenses often...basically using many different sets, presses, and traps to "wreak havoc on our opponent's psyche and their plan of attack."

Offensively they get the ball up the court quickly and spread (to use 2 man) or weave at the top of the key to take advantage of numerous downcuts. What has been very impressive is the way they move even quicker to combat tighter defenses and actually improve their fg% as a result. Florida State was the top defensive team in the country and VCU shot over 50% against them in the first half. What kept FSU in the game was all the offensive rebounds and second shot attempts.

IMO Smart's style is much more enticing for OU than Buzz's. The guy is highly intelligent (like the Mike Leach of basketball), dynamic, his players love him, and he's spent time as an assistant at Calif Univ of Pa, Dayton, Akron, Clemson, and Florida (each being a move up) so it's not like he hasn't been around.

He'd be a good hire.

ya well capel pressed teams with his VCU teams.. i was so excited we were going to pressure the crap out of teams everygame only to have him never do it here...

(from the other thread)
Of course I will point this all out now and VCU will get blasted by KU because of the athleticism mismatch.

If you watch/compare the styles of Buzz and Shaka Smart then you walk away instantly impressed with Smart. No offense to Buzz (who I am sure is a good coach) but Smart's style just smacks of hard work and preparation on both sides of the court.

His teams defensively remind you of what Billy Tubbs did in the past - pressing hard after made baskets and using the full court press often. He also changes up defenses often...basically using many different sets, presses, and traps to "wreak havoc on our opponent's psyche and their plan of attack."

Offensively they get the ball up the court quickly and spread (to use 2 man) or weave at the top of the key to take advantage of numerous downcuts. What has been very impressive is the way they move even quicker to combat tighter defenses and actually improve their fg% as a result. Florida State was the top defensive team in the country and VCU shot over 50% against them in the first half. What kept FSU in the game was all the offensive rebounds and second shot attempts.

IMO Smart's style is much more enticing for OU than Buzz's. The guy is highly intelligent (like the Mike Leach of basketball), dynamic, his players love him, and he's spent time as an assistant at Calif Univ of Pa, Dayton, Akron, Clemson, and Florida (each being a move up) so it's not like he hasn't been around.

He'd be a good hire.
Thanks.

Back