Impressive newcomer/freshman starts around the Big 12

thebigabd

Reaction score
We know that Cameron Clark, Nick Thompson, and Calvin Newell are off to good starts during the first couple of games, but here are some from around the league.

-Kourtney Roberson (true freshman) seems like he is gonna be a very good player for Texas A&M... He is averaging 12.5 and 6.5 in 17 minutes. He is the brother of former A&M star Bernard King.

-Jaye Crockett (rs freshman) had 8 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, and some blocks in their opener and he has 13 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 blocks vs North Texas tonight with 6 minutes to go in the game. Campbest has been pretty confident about this guy being an all-conference player at Tech.

-Jake Anderson and Melvin Ejim have been good for a 2-0 ISU squad that has looked A LOT better than I expected. 2-0 winning by 20 a game, but we will know more after they play Drake tomorrow. Anderson (transfer) was Big 12 Newcomer of the Week and averages 12.5 points and 10 rebounds.. Ejim (true freshman) averages 12.5 and 6.5 in two games.

-JP Olukemi (OSU) had 16 points and 7 rebounds in just 19 minutes in their opener, so he looks as advertised. Darrell Williams, also a juco, had 6 points and 9 rebounds in the opener in just 18 minutes.

Not The Big 12, but former Putnam West player Amric Fields had 18 points in his TCU debut. It was the most points for a Freshman player in a TCU debut game since the 1993-1994 season...

Not The Big 12, but former Putnam West player Amric Fields had 18 points in his TCU debut. It was the most points for a Freshman player in a TCU debut game since the 1993-1994 season...

Hopefully Tyler Neal can get in his ear about transferring to OU after this season. :D

I get sick to my stomach when I think about how OU let this kid get away. He should be on the sideline at the LNC this season, high-fiving his former high school teammate. I hope we don't repeat that mistake with Dom Raney!

I get sick to my stomach when I think about how OU let this kid get away. He should be on the sideline at the LNC this season, high-fiving his former high school teammate. I hope we don't repeat that mistake with Dom Raney!

He was at an OU prospect camp two years ago practically begging for an offer. Paired up against Goff and held his own. These kids were casualties of the visits from many of the top recruits that visited last year.

We know that Cameron Clark, Nick Thompson, and Calvin Newell are off to good starts during the first couple of games, but here are some from around the league.

-Kourtney Roberson (true freshman) seems like he is gonna be a very good player for Texas A&M... He is averaging 12.5 and 6.5 in 17 minutes. He is the brother of former A&M star Bernard King.

-Jaye Crockett (rs freshman) had 8 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, and some blocks in their opener and he has 13 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 blocks vs North Texas tonight with 6 minutes to go in the game. Campbest has been pretty confident about this guy being an all-conference player at Tech.

-Jake Anderson and Melvin Ejim have been good for a 2-0 ISU squad that has looked A LOT better than I expected. 2-0 winning by 20 a game, but we will know more after they play Drake tomorrow. Anderson (transfer) was Big 12 Newcomer of the Week and averages 12.5 points and 10 rebounds.. Ejim (true freshman) averages 12.5 and 6.5 in two games.

-JP Olukemi (OSU) had 16 points and 7 rebounds in just 19 minutes in their opener, so he looks as advertised. Darrell Williams, also a juco, had 6 points and 9 rebounds in the opener in just 18 minutes.

Here's a sweet Crockett pic:

5962081.jpeg

Back