Interesting note on OU recruit K.C. Ross-Miller

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posted by his father on another recruiting board this morning. It appears he'll be at the game today:

Going back to OU in the morning to the game. Could OU be the one?

Could his dad be having some fun? Maybe, maybe not. It is interesting though because he was also in Norman Monday for the Bedlam game, as was reported by GParker.

For those who don't know much about Ross-Miller, he's a 6-0 point guard from Dallas (God's Academy) who had committed originally committed to Kentucky when Gillispie was there.

Here are some vides:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAzMS3tfjHU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQnfLP_C0U&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqNN2CjoE8Q&feature=PlayList&p=76FC8931BE62DF04&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=51[/ame]

What kind of pg is he, ie, can he shoot it, more of a passer? I don't know much about him.

his game is similar to Tweety Carter at Baylor. Clutch shooter; a body that can absorb contact and finish plays; good floor general. Doesn't have an explosive first step but his basketball IQ compensates for the lack of quickness. He should be a good college PG. One of my friends coached Tony Mitchell- Missouri commit- in preseason games. They played God's Academy and he was singing the praises of Miller after that game. I think Miller went for 40+ against Mitchell/Pinkston. So he can fill it up when he needs to.

One of my friends coached Tony Mitchell- Missouri commit- in preseason games. They played God's Academy and he was singing the praises of Miller after that game. I think Miller went for 40+ against Mitchell/Pinkston. So he can fill it up when he needs to.

your friend is a coach at pinkston?

your friend is a coach at pinkston?

No- before the season starts there are tourneys. Usually other coaches are "coaching" the high school teams. Almost like the old summer league before AAU ball gained so much importance/popularity.

right on.

mitchell seems like a great kid. hope your friend also liked him.

Can he get playing time for us? I saw he is ranked 148... We have 4 players ranked higher on our team... Willis, tmg, pledg, tj Taylor, and Clark... Then Cade will play over him.... So that's 6 guards possibly better... If that's right he won't get any playing time... Is he better than his ranking? Or is this someone we are bringing in to fill spots because we can't get anyone else?

His father was real active in soliciting an offer from UK. I wouldn't be suprised if he's wanting OU. I wonder if he has an offer or a conditional one like Olukemi had?

Can he get playing time for us? I saw he is ranked 148... We have 4 players ranked higher on our team... Willis, tmg, pledg, tj Taylor, and Clark... Then Cade will play over him.... So that's 6 guards possibly better... If that's right he won't get any playing time... Is he better than his ranking? Or is this someone we are bringing in to fill spots because we can't get anyone else?

The only pg on that list is TMG. So presumably KC could get some time. TJ is a combo guard, and with Crocker and probably Willie gone next year, he will probably be able to get time on the wing. So KC would have a shot at time.

I don't know if Willis sticks around for another year. I mean he's barely seen any minutes this season and didn't play last year ( i know he was recovering and all). WW and Tony are gone and you don't really want Cade to have to bring the ball up. That would leave TMG and TJ (more of a combo), so I think we could use another true PG.

I don't know if Willis sticks around for another year. I mean he's barely seen any minutes this season and didn't play last year ( i know he was recovering and all). WW and Tony are gone and you don't really want Cade to have to bring the ball up. That would leave TMG and TJ (more of a combo), so I think we could use another true PG.

I won't speculate on Willis staying or leaving, but I see more pt for KCRM than I do for Ray. Certain kids will have to make decisions on their careers at OU if Willis and Hardrick stick around, I hope they work to get better. IF KCRM is a part of this recruiting class, OU shouldn't entertain thought of a juco guard or even another developmental prep guard. We'll need to use the other two or three ships available on big time post player that can contribute atleast 10 minutes a game.

Don't see adding KCRM and a juco. We do need 2 Bigs . What is the status of Honore?

Personally I like the idea of two points, onew combo and two bigs. If KCR is "scraps" OUr program has come a LONG way under Capel.

If we are making a push for KCRM then it means that Capel wants TJ Taylor to play SG.

If we are making a push for KCRM then it means that Capel wants TJ Taylor to play SG.

getting him should mean we're set on the backcourt. I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Kyle Hardrick is not going to be here next year. That scholarship needs to be a defensive oriented post player.

Well, Ross-Miller apparently didn't make it to Norman today. Instead, he went to OSU-Baylor and then UAB-SMU Saturday night.

I like the kid Ross,but dont think we need him we need to get the players on the bench this year help along with Cameron and TJ and if they are not 7ft are higher and consistant then Capel would be short changeing this program inmo.

I like the kid Ross,but dont think we need him we need to get the players on the bench this year help along with Cameron and TJ and if they are not 7ft are higher and consistant then Capel would be short changeing this program inmo.

No doubt. We need to get bigger inside in this class. We need a juco and ideally a high school player. My hope for our front court is a new quality juco and a younger high school guy with upside. That would put us in a situation so that next year our front court is Tiny who is a starter, Big O who may be a capable player, Honore who may be a capable player, and a juco who may be a capable player, a freshman to build on, and Hardrick who may earn role player minutes if we are lucky. That would mean we only need one guy to turn into a quality starter and one guy to turn into a serious bench role player. If that works out we have this line-up (depending on how things work out):

TMG/TJ
Clark/Pledger/TJ
Cade/Clark/Ray Willis
Fitz/Honoré/juco
Tiny/Big O/juco

A line-up like that looks solid. Especially our guards and wing players. We would have size to force teams to match-up with us. We would have guard depth and hopefully improved interior play. We really could be a nightmare on the perimeter for a lot of teams.

Last edited:
Back