Coach Gregg Marshall on WSU’s loss to OU

About as congratulatory as you will ever see Marshall in defeat. Helluva win!

I just finished watching Marshall's weekly show and one thing that stood out was how much he credited Muni for changing the game with his blocked shots. Said the blocks were huge for momentum and mentioned how difficult it is to prepare for a guy with his length and athleticism. As some have pointed out, Muni sometimes gets out of position trying to block everything. But the blocks he does get can sometimes be worth more than just a stat in the box score.

I just finished watching Marshall's weekly show and one thing that stood out was how much he credited Muni for changing the game with his blocked shots. Said the blocks were huge for momentum and mentioned how difficult it is to prepare for a guy with his length and athleticism.

exactly! This is what we were talking about saturday. You just can't anticipate how high and quickly mcneace can jump and how fast he runs until you actually confront it. They had a few guys really having trouble getting the ball past him.

McNeace's double-handed grab/block got lots of play on Sportscenter and elsewhere.

if you watch close you see at least 3x where Shocker players altered their shots thanks to mcneace. his athleticism made a difference in that game despite his "horrible defense".

I just finished watching Marshall's weekly show and one thing that stood out was how much he credited Muni for changing the game with his blocked shots. Said the blocks were huge for momentum and mentioned how difficult it is to prepare for a guy with his length and athleticism. As some have pointed out, Muni sometimes gets out of position trying to block everything. But the blocks he does get can sometimes be worth more than just a stat in the box score.

It's enjoying to watch him not just block the ball but to retain it as well. Many times a ball is swatted out of bounds only to give the other team an opportunity to create a set play on the in bounds.

if you watch close you see at least 3x where Shocker players altered their shots thanks to mcneace. his athleticism made a difference in that game despite his "horrible defense".

I don't know that anyone has said he plays or played horrible defense, but I haven't read every thread pertaining to him either. He can get out of position at times and has shown the tendency in the past to try and block everything. But the game Saturday showed (at least to me) him being more judicious in his block selection and he was under control virtually every time.....judging from the "two hand" grab/block and keeping the ball in play in some of his other blocks. It's a positive sign of basketball maturity on his part.

Back