Is Andrew Fitzgerald a legit 6-8?

Sooner23

Reaction score
I know some people have thought he was smaller than his listed height in high school, but OU's roster has him at 6-8. Did those of you who saw him at the Elite Camp -- Dirty or Big Time -- think he's a legt 6-8? Who does his look (physically and size-wise) compare to?

I'm a shade under 6'3" barefoot and I thought he was a legit 4 inches taller than me standing next to him. I'd guess 6'7" maybe 6'8" with insoles... ;)

I'm not sure what to believe. Some people who have given him the eye test say he is closer to 6'6"; others who have stood next to him have said he is legitimately 6'8".

If I had to choose, I might be more inclined to believe those who have stood next to him. Often that is the best way to know for sure. Same when Blake's true height was debated. People who worked with him and met him swore he was a legitimate 6'10", but it took the combine to prove them correct.

On film he looked like he was about 6'5 or 6'6. Standing next to him he looked a legit 6'7 1/2 to 6'8. He was taller than Ryan Wright. He was thinner than I thought as well.

If Drew gets some playing time. Lookout. He is all about effort and outworking his man. I really think that when he plays in his first game it will be very clear that he can help our team in this regard. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I would guess 6-7 but I really didn't stand up right next to him.

if he busts his *** and plays well like we expect, it's not going to matter.

The bigger question is not his height, because regardless if he's 6'8 or 7ft, he's not an above the rim guy. He's a rim level player at best. That being said, he has to be crafty and quick around the rim to oppose the athletic, weak side defenders.

Back