Is Goldwire the starting point guard?

Hill is a wing not a forward ..

Outside of a traditional PG, everybody plays on the wing now. Guards, Forward and some Centers operate on the wing. Hill is a Forward who plays on the Perimeter, quite literally a "Small Forward".

Outside of a traditional PG, everybody plays on the wing now. Guards, Forward and some Centers operate on the wing. Hill is a Forward who plays on the Perimeter, quite literally a "Small Forward".

a small forward on all levels .. is a wing ..

We all know there are few that come here just to bash OU.

Even one day when they win a natty. They’ll say nba stole all the good players and the few good players that are left were injured and their coach didn’t use them correctly.

And a blind squirrel can find a nut once in awhile.

We all know there are few that come here just to bash OU.

This crap needs to stop.

I haven't seen anybody "bashing" OU. Nobody would post on this message board for years and years if they didn't love OU basketball.

Posters should be able to criticize the program. Maybe that criticism is warranted, maybe its not. If you don't agree, you have two options. Ignore it, or engage in constructive conversation about it. Making comments like this does nothing but divide the board.

I can't think of a single poster that hasn't had some nice things to say about the program or the group of players overall. I can, however, think of several posters that refuse to criticize anything about the program. I find that odd.

This crap needs to stop.

I haven't seen anybody "bashing" OU. Nobody would post on this message board for years and years if they didn't love OU basketball.

Posters should be able to criticize the program. Maybe that criticism is warranted, maybe its not. If you don't agree, you have two options. Ignore it, or engage in constructive conversation about it. Making comments like this does nothing but divide the board.

I can't think of a single poster that hasn't had some nice things to say about the program or the group of players overall. I can, however, think of several posters that refuse to criticize anything about the program. I find that odd.

Looks like I struck a nerve. Wasn’t specifically talking about just this post. But oh well.

Yeah I’ve read for years and years on this board and posters absolutely do not like Ou basketball.

I think someone who likes the team, players and program may post negative comments most of the time.

That is just how some people are. They are critical of a lot of aspects of their world.

Others will post negative things to stir things up a bit.

Some I think are trying to establish their superior knowledge of the game.

I think it is pretty clear who Hill is. He plays very good defense, plays hard, hits the boards and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He scores at times and at the end of last year seemed to make an effort to score more particularly when the team badly needed a score. But he also seems to lack confidence in his offensive ability. Clearly hesitates and turns down open shots. Maybe he will be more offensive minded as an upper classman.

Posters should be able to criticize the program.

I can think of one poster who virtually never says anything positive, who has literally gone silent on this board for weeks at a time when the Sooners were on a winning streak (and then become very active in spewing after they dropped a couple of games), who has *****ed and moaned in the game threads during hard-fought games against tough opponents and then again gone dead silent after the Sooners win those games.

Does this poster have the right to behave that way? Sure, it's a free country. But it's not unreasonable after he takes this approach for years on end to question his loyalties. If he truly is a Sooner fan, he's the saddest example of one I've encountered.

Last edited:
I think someone who likes the team, players and program may post negative comments most of the time.

That is just how some people are. They are critical of a lot of aspects of their world.

Others will post negative things to stir things up a bit.

Some I think are trying to establish their superior knowledge of the game.

I think it is pretty clear who Hill is. He plays very good defense, plays hard, hits the boards and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He scores at times and at the end of last year seemed to make an effort to score more particularly when the team badly needed a score. But he also seems to lack confidence in his offensive ability. Clearly hesitates and turns down open shots. Maybe he will be more offensive minded as an upper classman.

Well said, SoonerinNC! You described the warring factions on this board perfectly. Some things never change, although I wish they would before it’s too late.

In any event, it’s nice to know there’s still a voice of reason on this board. I read a lot more than I post these days, mainly because the same tired arguments got old for me a long time ago. Age will do that for you, I suppose. :)

I can think of one poster who virtually never says anything positive, who has literally gone silent on this board for weeks at a time when the Sooners were on a winning streak (and then become very active in spewing after they dropped a couple of games), who has *****ed and moaned in the game threads during hard-fought games against tough opponents and then again gone dead silent after the Sooners win those games.

Does this poster have the right to behave that way? Sure, it's a free country. But it's not unreasonable after he takes this approach for years on end to question his loyalties. If he truly is a Sooner fan, he's the saddest example of one I've encountered.

Poor, tick-ridden devil.... hopefully whoever this person is can turn things around.

There's a fair amount of bravado on this board and it's prevalent on both sides. With that being said, sometimes things aren't as they appear.

I actually don't question their loyalties -- I attribute it to the fact that some people just like to be miserable. Not saying I'm right -- just my two cents.

Back