Is the OU men's team not getting a real white out this year?

Sam

Reaction score
Am I right in my understanding of that the 2k t-shirts passed out today was the men's team "white out" this season?

Of course the Women's team is getting 12k+ "white out shirts" tomorrow (I noticed the ad shown during the game) so I am really wondering why we could not get 12k as well?

I hope I am proven wrong and I see a full white out this season vs Texas (or maybe K-state since they're ranked) but given the way this season has gone for this team I find that doubtful.

And assuming we do not see an official white out (12k shirts given away) what is the reason for it?

Sun bowl money not = BCS bowl money or what?

A friend of mine pointed this out to me about the men's and women's promotions.

Men's promotions

So we have a "rally towel out" and the Wayman Tisdale Night moved back to Texas. But nothing about a white out at this time. Little bit of a disappointment considering how cool the the Kansas game looked "whited out."

Now for Women's promotions they get over 24k shirts passed out for a White out and a Pink out. Now I understand the purpose as cancer sucks (I have personally been affected by it) and I can only assume breast cancer sucks even more, but why can we not get our own White Out to be on the same level as the Women's game taking place only a day after the "Men's Attempted White Out"?

I just do not understand the University/Marketing/Athletic Department's approach for this as a white out for a big game looks really cool on TV.

Agreed. It's a joke. Feel bad for all the kids who didn't get one today.

Yeah that was weird. Why even do a white out if you're only gonna hand out a minimal amount of shirts. I wore white but obviously there were plenty of fans that had no idea they were supposed to do that.

Really sad if true. We already lost the 12K Beat OSU newspapers. I think the only other revenue generating sport on campus should get the best promotions.

The halftime shows have been terrible as well. Today's was awful.

Yeah what the heck was up with that?

I didn't think it could get much worse than watching a fisherman tossing his line into a ring. Geez

Really sad if true. We already lost the 12K Beat OSU newspapers. I think the only other revenue generating sport on campus should get the best promotions.

I agree. Seeing a bunch of 8 year olds and special needs kids attempt cheerleading wasn't entertaining it was sad. I'm hoping the lady with the bowls is back for the Texas game..

I agree. Seeing a bunch of 8 year olds and special needs kids attempt cheerleading wasn't entertaining it was sad. I'm hoping the lady with the bowls is back for the Texas game..

Just put the cheerleaders out there and have them dance until the players take the court.

Can we get rid of the "special needs" posters here while we are at it? Of all the things to complain about guys... really? I'm not even going to go into why you guys are wrong on this one. Let's just say I expected better from my fellow Sooners.:(

Last edited:
I attended the women's game and there were maybe 8,500 people there, yet there were 12,000 plus white shirts in the stands. I sure hope that USA screen printing decides to give the men a true white-out game because Mizzou was not even close to being one....

If Red Panda isn't there at halftime this year, I'm going to be super pissed.

I would enjoy watching playmakr dunk over soonersam at halftime more than what we've had to endure so far this year...

Last edited:
Back