ISU vs Texas A&M

MsProudSooner

Reaction score
Typical Texas A&M game. They resorted to mugging ISU players in the late 4th quarter and overtime and the refs ignored it. I halfway expected Carolyn Peck to break out in an SEC, SEC, SEC! chant at the end of the game.

Typical Texas A&M game. They resorted to mugging ISU players in the late 4th quarter and overtime and the refs ignored it. I halfway expected Carolyn Peck to break out in an SEC, SEC, SEC! chant at the end of the game.

Agree. It was an entertaining game to watch. ISU almost did it. I really did not like the tie up the called at the end that gave the ball to A&M. The almost called a technical on ISU but some sense prevailed. I thought ISU relied too much on their star at the end. Reminded me of some our our men's efforts with Reaves.

Agree. It was an entertaining game to watch. ISU almost did it. I really did not like the tie up the called at the end that gave the ball to A&M. The almost called a technical on ISU but some sense prevailed. I thought ISU relied too much on their star at the end. Reminded me of some our our men's efforts with Reaves.

I know that freshmen are looked upon as sophomores by this point in the season, but it could be that their reliance on 3 freshman starters came back to bite them.

The frustrating thing with the tie-up was at no point was there actually a tie-up.

If Iowa State wasn't out of timeouts, someone should have called timeout.

Yep. The jump ball that gave the ball back to A&M (that allowed them to score and force OT) was never a tie up. A&M never had their hands on the ball! And the announcers never once mentioned that.

Then, ISU had one more shot in regulation after A&M tied it and they got HACKED under the basket. No call. Announcers didn’t comment on that either.

Iowa State is my favorite girls team after OU. I've always liked the way they play. But the refs choose the most inopportune time to swallow their whistles. It was hard to watch them lose this game as they put everything they had and left it on the court. They were ahead (or tied) the WHOLE GAME, until the last shot A&M put in. That was hard to watch them lose. Those three freshman learned a lot this year and they will be back better than ever next year.

Totally agree. ISU got ROBBED!! Commentators were completely biased, and the refs were obviously pro-Texas, there were so many no-calls that went in A&M's favor. I hope that team full of veterans realize they barely beat a team full of freshmen, with about 75% of the calls going their way. I can't imagine ISU not being in the national conversation next season. I hope OU is too.

Back