Jeff Capel and this board

ADCS

Reaction score
Seeing how y'all are about as knowledgeable a group of OU basketball fans as have been collected on the internet, surely the program is aware of the board's existence.

I've got two questions - first, do you think he or any of the other coaches read this board in their spare time? I'd imagine BigTime to be the one to know that one.

Second question: would you want him to take our input into account, or do you think that he and the staff would be better served by concentrating on more traditional sources of information?

:woot

Seeing how y'all are about as knowledgeable a group of OU basketball fans as have been collected on the internet, surely the program is aware of the board's existence.

I've got two questions - first, do you think he or any of the other coaches read this board in their spare time? I'd imagine BigTime to be the one to know that one.

Second question: would you want him to take our input into account, or do you think that he and the staff would be better served by concentrating on more traditional sources of information?

1. Yes, almost all coaches and programs know about their respective fan blogs, and some read them more than others. OU basketball is no different in that regard. There are coaches, administraters (big brother is always watching) , and players that read this board to varying degrees. I am not really going to go into any detail about which coaches and players read this board, but rest assured, they do.

2. God I hope no players or coaches take our input into account (except for matters concerning the fans). If they listened to the ideas that I have had, then we would probably finish behind Colorado. haha

To be honest with you, I wish they wouldn't read the board, but if I were a coach or player then I wouldn't be able to resist hearing the fans' perspective. I think they get a laugh out of some of the opinions and "insider" knowledge that we bring to the table.

well this board is a huge step in the right direction for OU Hoops and is indicative of the rise that followed Capel.

so im sure he and the people who need to know at the AD are aware of its existence.

when i was in school i was friends with a couple of football players (two are in the nfl right now) and they always were checking Rivals, Scout, etc. they are aware and get a kick out of it.

they said nearly every player on the team reads up on various boards. im sure it's even moreso now.

I doubt if Coach Capel is a frequent visitor here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he or members of his staff check in from time to time. I know some of the players do.

As for your question about taking our advice, I've heard that Jeff gets most of his coaching ideas from reading this board. ;) Seriously, thanks for the compliment. In my admittedly biased opinion, this board has some of the best basketball minds around.

I'm pretty sure they take my advice on all matters basketball related but I would be shocked if they pay attention to what anyone else says.

Coach Capel has a Twitter page; I'm sure that, being one of the more web-savvy coaches out there, he's a visitor to at least one of the major hoops boards. Possibly OUInsider, possibly us, maybe Rivals or Scout.

But dear GOD I hope he doesn't use what he reads to make decisions. Too many armchair point guards in these parts, myself included.

1. I hope they do read some of the internet stuff so they can hear how much I appreciate their effort.

2. I am sure they are intelligent enough to NEVER pay mind to the armchair advice in here. These guys are paid millions and are the experts....we are local joes with nary a clue - doesn't bother me in the least to admit that. I giggle when I hear someone else give their dumbazz views on criminal court issues.

Where is that note from Jeff Capel?

I'm sure someone had received a "hand written note" written by Capel himself, about this type of thing.... right? *hint hint*

Jeff Capel told me that his favorite poster is Cheno.

I'm surprised he didn't mention 2483 as his favorite poster.

1. I hope they do read some of the internet stuff so they can hear how much I appreciate their effort.

2. I am sure they are intelligent enough to NEVER pay mind to the armchair advice in here. These guys are paid millions and are the experts....we are local joes with nary a clue - doesn't bother me in the least to admit that. I giggle when I hear someone else give their dumbazz views on criminal court issues.

I'd agree on point two... to a point. I think an expert can use an educated layperson's advice every once in a while. It helps to break the groupthink that goes along with any profession and point out new perspectives from which to tackle a problem.

That being said, perhaps that only applies to .001% of lay advice.

Where is that note from Jeff Capel?

I'm sure someone had received a "hand written note" written by Capel himself, about this type of thing.... right? *hint hint*

That was a private correspondence between Coach Capel and thebigabd. It is no one else's business, and those responsible for leaking it onto this message board have been dealt with properly (forced to watch every Pauly Shore movie in a continual loop for 72 hours).

That was a private correspondence between Coach Capel and thebigabd. It is no one else's business, and those responsible for leaking it onto this message board have been dealt with properly (forced to watch every Pauly Shore movie in a continual loop for 72 hours).

So you havn't been able to find a new "note" about what this thread is discussing?

Oh and thats quite some punishment!

I think Jeff Capel is really bocabull.

Back