Jeff Capel's Twitter...

I don't know why, but I really enjoy Capel's twitter no matter how inane it is at times.

Told my team the 3 E's essential 2 our success this yr: Energy, Effort, & Execution. I should only have to be responsible for 1: Execution!
Oh no. It's heart hustle and hardwood thesaurusized!

If we get the backcourt this year (Relerford, Clark, Lamb etc), then I could settle waiting for the some quality front court players till 2011, assuming Tiny stays of course.

Releford has committed to Alabama.

To be a great recruiter you have to work extremely hard, be organized, be personable, and never give up. That is what I see in Capel.
Totally agree Norm. He's already one of the games best at such a young age!

Another great tweet from Capel!

Just landed in Portland and I happened to hear the lady sitting next to me on the phone say "hey honey, I'm not in LA....I told u, I'm in Washington!" I spent time talking to her on the flight. Portland is in Oregon. Of course, she's a UT grad ;-). Enjoyed talking to her tho!

Another great tweet from Capel!

Just landed in Portland and I happened to hear the lady sitting next to me on the phone say "hey honey, I'm not in LA....I told u, I'm in Washington!" I spent time talking to her on the flight. Portland is in Oregon. Of course, she's a UT grad ;-). Enjoyed talking to her tho!

:clap:ez-laugh:

Twitter facts.

Kellen and Ray are Twitter friends

Leonard Hamilton, Tubby Smith, and Jim Laranaga have twitter pages.

Trey Zeigler and Jaqueline Jeffcoat are twitter friends. hmmm

Nearly every recruiting anaylst communicate with coaches and players through twitter

Travis Ford has 400 twitter friends, Jeff Capel has 4000 twitter friends, and get this, John Calipari, nearly 900,000 twitter friends.

Notable followers of OUHoops on twitter: Todd Simon, Findlay Prep coach, Kellen Sampson, Kevin Bookout, Jeff Goodman, Austin Johnson, mwbbscout.com

Last edited:
Cal hasn't hit 1,000,000 yet?
Wow I'm a little disappointed in the Kentucky crazies.

Other interesting Twitter fact is that coach Steve Smith of Oak Hill is following 3 coaches, Billy Donovan, Orlando Antigua, and Jeff Capel.

The lastest tweet from Coach Capel....
I want 2 officially welcome Cameron Clark to the Sooner Nation! It's gonna be a gr8 ride! 2 down, and one more to go??? Hmmmmm.......?

Who is third one OU is going to sign?

Last edited:
Let's all hope, pray, and will it to be:

tjones01.jpg

T-Jones!

oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness..........

Well, let's hope so. I haven't heard a player we are involved in who I don't think would be good at OU.

Last time Capel said something like that on his twitter Cam committed shortly there after..

Yeah I can't sleep anymore from the potienal of this tweet (T Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!), good thing ESPN has a lot of college basketball tonight.

Talk about a cliff hanger, jeessh. I think Coach Capel should be a writer for desperate house wives. I'm leaning on the edge of my seat. Looks like Capel is following Ray, Trey and T.J. on twitter. Ray isn't following Capel and Trey has ruled OU out of his top choices, so that leaves T.J. A side note on Ray, he is following coach Cal.

Back