Kansas Jayhawks?

No, it sounds like a term of jealousy. Self has become NCHCBS and that guy is coaching YMCA girls basketball. :ez-laugh:

DirtyMess you are starting to sound like an arrogant gawk.
Success will do that to you...typically it takes a little bit longer though.

Wow, that's a low blow. You're not going to stand for that, are you DM? :ez-laugh::mad:

No, it sounds like a term of jealousy. Self has become NCHCBS and that guy is coaching YMCA girls basketball. :ez-laugh:

DirtyMess you are starting to sound like an arrogant gawk.
Success will do that to you...typically it takes a little bit longer though.

It ain't like that, but when OU's on top no one wants to give em their props. Aggie fans talk about how bad OU's guards are and figure if they could slow down blake, they will win. Well Blake has been slowed down and OU is 16-1. Now you KU guys are talking about KU matching up well with OU. The only thing KU has over OU is Collins and depth. You guys hang on this board, just give OU their props. OU fans knew we would get beat in Lawrence, we were just hoping it would be close. We knew a top 5 KU squad was far superior to a 4th or 5th place OU team. Well the role is reversed and OU is a top 5 squad and a 4th or 5th place KU team is coming into Norman. Give us our props and don't tell me how a 6'10 guy that Blake has been outplaying since High School is all of a sudden going to be a good matchup for him. And don't get me started on the aggies.

It ain't like that, but when OU's on top no one wants to give em their props. Aggie fans talk about how bad OU's guards are and figure if they could slow down blake, they will win. Well Blake has been slowed down and OU is 16-1. Now you KU guys are talking about KU matching up well with OU. The only thing KU has over OU is Collins and depth. You guys hang on this board, just give OU their props. OU fans knew we would get beat in Lawrence, we were just hoping it would be close. We knew a top 5 KU squad was far superior to a 4th or 5th place OU team. Well the role is reversed and OU is a top 5 squad and a 4th or 5th place KU team is coming into Norman. Give us our props and don't tell me how a 6'10 guy that Blake has been outplaying since High School is all of a sudden going to be a good matchup for him. And don't get me started on the aggies.

Dude, back away from the bong. If you think Cheno and I haven't given KU props then you can't read. If you don't think that Aldrich is a good matchup for Blake around the basket then I don't know how to help you. He is as good of a matchup as there is for Blake. Which means he makes him work and he has to shoot over long arms and probably ends with 20 and 10! :)

OU has a really good team this year and should beat KU at home. I don't know what more props you want us to give OU.

Nobody wants to give OU their props? Huh:(
Grace and I both said OU would beat KU. I said by double figures. When OU struggled a bit vs KSU many OU fans were hear ripping them. Grace and I were saying wait a minute that's a good win on the road. You need to slow your roll their dude. I said Aldrich was a good matchup against Blake. He is comparitively speaking. He's the toughest matchup for him in the Big 12 that's for sure. Nobody said he'd stop him but it will be a tougher matchup. Especially when Blake guards him. KU feeds him a lot so Blake will have to stay out of foul trouble. Which I think he will, but it won't be a walk in the park. So what you are saying is OU will win by 30?

Dude, back away from the bong. If you think Cheno and I haven't given KU props then you can't read. If you don't think that Aldrich is a good matchup for Blake around the basket then I don't know how to help you. He is as good of a matchup as there is for Blake. Which means he makes him work and he has to shoot over long arms and probably ends with 20 and 10! :)

OU has a really good team this year and should beat KU at home. I don't know what more props you want us to give OU.

Is this Jimmy Dikes? Pittman was suppose to be a good matchup for Blake. People talked about the 7ft Pittman outplaying Blake in the Big12 tourney last year, but Blake put an array of NBA skilled plays on him? Two turn around jumpers, a hook, a three pts, and out ran him for an Alleyoop dunk. Add to that, Blake fouled his big butt out. What makes figure the same won't happen to Aldrich. Is he going to outmuscle blake? He he going to out quick blake. Is he going to outjump Blake? Is he going to outwork blake? The answer is no.

Is this Jimmy Dikes? Pittman was suppose to be a good matchup for Blake. People talked about the 7ft Pittman outplaying Blake in the Big12 tourney last year, but Blake put an array of NBA skilled plays on him? Two turn around jumpers, a hook, a three pts, and out ran him for an Alleyoop dunk. Add to that, Blake fouled his big butt out. What makes figure the same won't happen to Aldrich. Is he going to outmuscle blake? He he going to out quick blake. Is he going to outjump Blake? Is he going to outwork blake? The answer is no.

LOL, if you don't think Aldrich is better than Pittman then again you are nuts. It's like arguing with a 6th grader, you just keep making stuff up out of thin air.

LOL, if you don't think Aldrich is better than Pittman then again you are nuts. It's like arguing with a 6th grader, you just keep making stuff up out of thin air.

When did I say Aldrich was worse than Pittman. Aldrich would be better. Aldrich will be on injured reserve in the NBA and Pittman will be in the DLeague and get called up for ten day contracts when Chris Kaman gets injured. Both will be outmatched by Blake though to the tune 20 and 10. And I find your arugment for Aldrich slowing Blake down is limiting Blake to 20pts and 10rbs. Blake averages 22pts so he's going to hold him to one less basket and that's a victory? He's going to keep him from getting 4 less rebounds and that's a victory? What's Blake going to limit Aldrich too? Does Blake have the skills to cut into Aldrich's stats the same way Aldrich will cut into his? You guys may not have thought about this, but Blake may actually slow down the Awesome Aldrich. he may limit him to say 12pts and 7rbs. What do you think? I think Blake might just be capable of doing that. Especially due to the fact he slowed down two guys who have been red hot in Pittman and Johnson.

Who said Pittman was going to be a good matchup for Blake?
Pittman is a horrible matchup. That's just silly.
Pittman plays like 15 minutes a game. He's a role player.

When did I say Aldrich was worse than Pittman. Aldrich would be better. Aldrich will be on injured reserve in the NBA and Pittman will be in the DLeague and get called up for ten day contracts when Chris Kaman gets injured. Both will be outmatched by Blake though to the tune 20 and 10. And I find your arugment for Aldrich slowing Blake down is limiting Blake to 20pts and 10rbs. Blake averages 22pts so he's going to hold him to one less basket and that's a victory? He's going to keep him from getting 4 less rebounds and that's a victory? What's Blake going to limit Aldrich too? Does Blake have the skills to cut into Aldrich's stats the same way Aldrich will cut into his? You guys may not have thought about this, but Blake may actually slow down the Awesome Aldrich. he may limit him to say 12pts and 7rbs. What do you think? I think Blake might just be capable of doing that. Especially due to the fact he slowed down two guys who have been red hot in Pittman and Johnson.

Well, defensively is one area that Aldrich is better than Griffin. Griffin isn't close to being a good defender right now.

And yes, holding Blake to 20 and 10 and making him work for it is a victory. He is that good, but you should know that as an OU fan.

I don't know what Aldrich will be in the NBA but I really doubt it is an injured reserve player. That's just stupid. He is projected right now as a lotto pick in '10 and just may be one this year by the end of the year. He is a legit 6'11, athletic, terrific rebounder, and has a great outside shot. He is at worst a really good backup center in the NBA (ala Joel Pryzbilla).

Well, defensively is one area that Aldrich is better than Griffin. Griffin isn't close to being a good defender right now.

And yes, holding Blake to 20 and 10 and making him work for it is a victory. He is that good, but you should know that as an OU fan.

I don't know what Aldrich will be in the NBA but I really doubt it is an injured reserve player. That's just stupid. He is projected right now as a lotto pick in '10 and just may be one this year by the end of the year. He is a legit 6'11, athletic, terrific rebounder, and has a great outside shot. He is at worst a really good backup center in the NBA (ala Joel Pryzbilla).

He's projected as the 15th pick this year in alot of publications. If you look at revisionist NBA history, their are alot of high pick who end up on Injured Reserve(Sheldon Williams) NBDL or even cut (gerald Green, Shaun Livingston)

But I want to get this straight with you first. Aldrich is a better defender and will limit Blake to 2O and 10. Blake is a poor defender(despite his effort Monday) and will Aldrich's numbers will improve, right? Say Aldrich will go 18 and 15? Is that your rationale.

Especially due to the fact he slowed down two guys who have been red hot in Pittman and Johnson.

Pittman is red hot? :ez-roll:
Dude has had one half way decent game against good comp all year. And even that was just 10 points on below 50% shooting against Arkansas.
Other than that he's been horrible against any kind of comp.
Aldrich has been in double figures every game and is 2nd in rebounding and 1st in blocks in the Big 12. Pittman isn't even on the long list in any category. He isn't even top 15 in any category.
You are beginning to sound like what so many here have complained about....those "arrogant gawks". :ez-roll:

But I want to get this straight with you first. Aldrich is a better defender and will limit Blake to 2O and 10. Blake is a poor defender(despite his effort Monday) and will Aldrich's numbers will improve, right? Say Aldrich will go 18 and 15? Is that your rationale.

I'm not Grace but that's not what he said. Who knows what each stats will be. I do know Aldrich will be Blake's toughest matchup in the Big 12.
OU will win by double digits is what I said. How is that not giving OU their props.
Let me see your rationale is OU will win by 30 right?

Pittman is red hot? :ez-roll:
Dude has had one half way decent game against good comp all year. And even that was just 10 points on below 50% shooting against Arkansas.
Other than that he's been horrible against any kind of comp.
Aldrich has been in double figures every game and is 2nd in rebounding and 1st in blocks in the Big 12. Pittman isn't even on the long list in any category. He isn't even top 15 in any category.
You are beginning to sound like what so many here have complained about....those "arrogant gawks". :ez-roll:

I mean, Tony Crocker isn't in any top 5 catergories but I would consider him on a hot streak. He had 17, 19, 21, 10 and 12 if 5 of his last seven games. That's pretty effective. Better than Taylor. You think Taylor is horrible too? Was Johnson not hot as well?

I'm not Grace but that's not what he said. Who knows what each stats will be. I do know Aldrich will be Blake's toughest matchup in the Big 12.
OU will win by double digits is what I said. How is that not giving OU their props.
Let me see your rationale is OU will win by 30 right?

I'm not saying he said anything. I'm just trying to understand his fuzzy rationale. He stated Aldrich was a great defender and would "slow" blake down and take him from getting his usual 22pts to just getting 20. He also said Aldrich will take 4 rebounds away from Blakes normal total. I then asked if Blake wasn't as good a defender as Aldrich. So does that mean since Blake is a lesser defender that Aldrich's numbers go up? I'm just trying to get the full argument before I respond.

I mean, Tony Crocker isn't in any top 5 catergories but I would consider him on a hot streak. He had 17, 19, 21, 10 and 12 if 5 of his last seven games. That's pretty effective.

:ez-laugh: Yeah, against Texas State, Texas Southern, Applaichan State :ez-roll:
The two games in that 7 you neglect to mention were against Wisconsin (4pts) and Mich St (6 points). Look at all the good teams he's played....St Joes 4pts, Notre Dame 4 points, Oregon 4 pts, UCLA 4 points, Villanova 8 points, Mich State 6 points, Wisconsin 4 points, Arkansas 10 points and OU 6 points. The guy isn't good. There is a reason he plays 14 minutes per game.
Again no one is saying Pittman is good. I don't know where you are getting this other than your all of a sudden arrogance. Winning has that effect on some people.
Again OU will beat KU by double digits. I don't see your beef.

Well, defensively is one area that Aldrich is better than Griffin. Griffin isn't close to being a good defender right now. And yes, holding Blake to 20 and 10 and making him work for it is a victory. He is that good, but you should know that as an OU fan.

Fail.

Isn't even close. What kind of statement is that? You lost me at that.

:bgriff624_jpg_xs:, please remember what Jayhawks think of you.

I'm just trying to get the full argument before I respond.

Respond? You are the one that said Blake and WW would be dunking all over Aldrich, AJ would shut down Collins and the rest of KU wouldn't know what hit them. You said it would be like last year but a role reversal.
All Grace and have said is Aldrich is better than you are giving him credit for and that OU would beat KU.
Again the taste of victory and a high ranking are starting to turn you to the darkside. To what many OU fans have hated for years.....the attitude of an "arrogant gawk". :dance005:

Respond? You are the one that said Blake and WW would be dunking all over Aldrich, AJ would shut down Collins and the rest of KU wouldn't know what hit them. You said it would be like last year but a role reversal.
All Grace and have said is Aldrich is better than you are giving him credit for and that OU would beat KU.
Again the taste of victory and a high ranking are starting to turn you to the darkside. To what many OU fans have hated for years.....the attitude of an "arrogant gawk". :dance005:

*shudders and then thinks of a happy place*

Pittman sounds like James Anderson in the big games.

http://www.ouhoops.com/showthread.php?t=2096&page=2

but seriously, dude is a decent player and probably will have an NBA shot and Griff handled him, Johnson, and James.

I'm trying to nail you and Grace down. You're saying that Aldrich is going to challege Griff, then lets spell it out. Let's not be make vague statements. Is he going to out muscle griffin and keep him away from the blocks? Is he going to beat Griff down court and prevent runout opportunities. Is he going to deny Griff the ball? Is he going to block his shot? Is he going to prevent griff from getting boards. Will he outquick Blake. Will Bill Self let Big Aldrich check blake by himself without help? What are blake's numbers going to be? Let's put parameters on this?

Coversly, you guys mention that Blake isn't a good defender, which is fair. Aldrich is averaging 15 and 10. Does this mean Aldrich's numbers will go up. Will Blake be able to hold Aldrich or will Capel make sure blake never matches up with him due to it being a mismatch?

Let's get some specifics out here.

Fail.

Isn't even close. What kind of statement is that? You lost me at that.

:bgriff624_jpg_xs:, please remember what Jayhawks think of you.

It's the truth. I know you are watching the games. Now you can say it's because he's trying to stay out of foul trouble, but the games I've watched BG puts little effort into the defensive end and isn't even scratching the surface of what he could be. At this point he is at best a below average defender.

Back