Kansas Jayhawks?

Pittman sounds like James Anderson in the big games.

http://www.ouhoops.com/showthread.php?t=2096&page=2

but seriously, dude is a decent player and probably will have an NBA shot and Griff handled him, Johnson, and James.

I'm trying to nail you and Grace down. You're saying that Aldrich is going to challege Griff, then lets spell it out. Let's not be make vague statements. Is he going to out muscle griffin and keep him away from the blocks? Is he going to beat Griff down court and prevent runout opportunities. Is he going to deny Griff the ball? Is he going to block his shot? Is he going to prevent griff from getting boards. Will he outquick Blake. Will Bill Self let Big Aldrich check blake by himself without help? What are blake's numbers going to be? Let's put parameters on this?

Coversly, you guys mention that Blake isn't a good defender, which is fair. Aldrich is averaging 15 and 10. Does this mean Aldrich's numbers will go up. Will Blake be able to hold Aldrich or will Capel make sure blake never matches up with him due to it being a mismatch?

Let's get some specifics out here.

I think Aldrich will do a good job of challenging Griffin's shots due to his length. He will block some shots but he runs the risk of getting into foul trouble. I think they will double some but it will largely depend on how Cole is doing and what the game is looking like. I think 20 and 10 isn't a bad thing for KU as long as he is working for it and they are keeping everyone else in check. I don't think he can muscle BG off the block but again his length helps him there. I think Blake is best off turning and facing him where he can go by him off the dribble. I think Cole has the advantage when Blake's back is to the basket.

I think you are trying to put words in my mouth. Blake is the type of player you can't really stop. He will score and rebound, but you want to try and make him work for everything. The other thing you want is to make him guard Cole on the other end. He has done a good job establishing position and as I said has a really effective jumper (though ugly).

He is the best big man that Blake has faced this year, imo. I think it will be a great matchup and if BLake completely dominates him then it just shows how good he is. I think Cole has the chance to be really good but isn't on Blake's level. The thing that helps him is he's 3 inches taller and has really long arms.

I think Aldrich will do a good job of challenging Griffin's shots due to his length. He will block some shots but he runs the risk of getting into foul trouble. I think they will double some but it will largely depend on how Cole is doing and what the game is looking like. I think 20 and 10 isn't a bad thing for KU as long as he is working for it and they are keeping everyone else in check. I don't think he can muscle BG off the block but again his length helps him there. I think Blake is best off turning and facing him where he can go by him off the dribble. I think Cole has the advantage when Blake's back is to the basket.

I think you are trying to put words in my mouth. Blake is the type of player you can't really stop. He will score and rebound, but you want to try and make him work for everything. The other thing you want is to make him guard Cole on the other end. He has done a good job establishing position and as I said has a really effective jumper (though ugly).

He is the best big man that Blake has faced this year, imo. I think it will be a great matchup and if BLake completely dominates him then it just shows how good he is. I think Cole has the chance to be really good but isn't on Blake's level. The thing that helps him is he's 3 inches taller and has really long arms.[/QUOTE]

Alrich is not 3 inches taller than Blake! Blake is 6'9-6'10 and Cole is 6'10-6'11

Alrich is not 3 inches taller than Blake! Blake is 6'9-6'10 and Cole is 6'10-6'11[/QUOTE]

Well, if you take an inch off what they list them at then Cole is 2 inches taller and I will bet you that you will be able to tell on the court. I am pretty positive that Blake will measure around 6'8 with shoes off at the Draft camp. Aldrich will probably measure 6'10.

There is no way that Blake is 6'10, he maybe 6'9 with shoes on but remember last year when they listed Beasley at 6'9!! LOL, he measured 6'7 at the draft camp.

He is the best big man that Blake has faced this year, imo. I think it will be a great matchup and if BLake completely dominates him then it just shows how good he is. I think Cole has the chance to be really good but isn't on Blake's level. The thing that helps him is he's 3 inches taller and has really long arms.

You guys kill me. You guys think Blake is going out against wimp and just throwing up a pedestrian 23 and 14. This dude is gettin punched in balls, and kicked in the a$$. I saw a UT player bring out a shank in the last game. In other words, BLAKE WORKS FOR EVERYTHING. Blake is not foreign to getting his shot blocked. The stiff from Purdue blocked his shot twice, I think. But a shot block or some tall dunking stick, ain't gonna stop BG from eatin lunch at the grown up table. Aldrich ain't going up against Psycho T. Blake doesn't puff and slobber and look real intense, he'll dunk on your a$$ and then roll his eyes at you. Blake is a mismatch for Aldrich. Unless you get Michael Washington to take a short drive to Norman, it's gonna get ugly. I think OU goes up by maybe 20 or 25, Collins tries to do too much and keeps KU in the hole for a little bit. OU lets it's guard down and KU gets to within 10, but OU forces a turnover or gets a block that leads to a big fastbreak play and OU wins going away by 15. Lesser OU teams have done more against better KU teams, remember Godbold from 4 years ago.

But We got to keep this thing on subject. WE GOT TO KEEP IT ON SUBJECT. Now you guys have already called Blake out for weak D, and I by no means am a Blake Griffin apologist. You guys aren't the only ones because Jimmy Frisco Dikes said " The difference between UT and OU is that the Griffin boys take plays off." Now I'm not going to say anything about Dikes not acknowledging the fact that the Griffin Boys play 40 minutes a game and UT has a six man rotation. Fact is the Griffin Boys, mainly Blake, take plays off. This is consensus! So let's put it out there. What's Big CA going to do? I mean, dude is a lottery pick. He's averaging 15 and 10. playing against a lesser defender like Blake, let's say 18 and 15? Nah, Nah, I'm not going to put numbers on big CA, Grace or Cheno you guys do that.

If Griffin is such a sub par defender (and three inches shorter than Cole) then surely Big Cole will light him up, right? I am expecting big things from Cole in Norman. I will be watching and heckling closely from the north baseline.

If Griffin is such a sub par defender (and three inches shorter than Cole) then surely Big Cole will light him up, right? I am expecting big things from Cole in Norman. I will be watching and heckling closely from the north baseline.

No not really since Cole isn't a huge offensive threat so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get his averages. The problem is he could easily get into foul trouble guarding Blake.

It's funny how defensive you guys are being about this whole thing. Aldrich isn't like Blake in that he can take a sub par defender and just punish them. He's getting there but not there quite yet. I will say I have been pleasantly surprised with his 15, 10, and 3.

bigtime, did yo catch luis frigging colon clown aldrich for 12-6?

there really is no comparison between the two.

bigtime, did yo catch luis frigging colon clown aldrich for 12-6?

there really is no comparison between the two.

Colon got 12! grace wth? Blake's defense is bad? Blake shut out Colon (0 points and he fouled out).

griffin is friggin incredible. I think he may be making a bigger impact than my love, Michael Beasley (gasp!)

Man, after reading all of DirtyMess comments I've changed my mind.
If things don't go down like this something is wrong.

-Blake goes bananas and gets way more than his average
-Cole Aldrich does nothing and has to be carried off the court
-OU wins by 30

No not really since Cole isn't a huge offensive threat so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get his averages. The problem is he could easily get into foul trouble guarding Blake.

It's funny how defensive you guys are being about this whole thing. Aldrich isn't like Blake in that he can take a sub par defender and just punish them. He's getting there but not there quite yet. I will say I have been pleasantly surprised with his 15, 10, and 3.

You're argument doesnt make alot of sense. First you say Aldrich is going to slow down Blake and that Blake hasn't seen a defender of Aldrich's skill all year. I call Aldrich a sloth. You then tell me how Athletic Aldrich is and then tells me if he's a sloth how can he get 15,10, and 3 a game. Then you give projected numbers Blake will have, 20-10. So I ask you how Aldrich is going to limit blake. Is he going to out muscle him, out quick him, wear him down, push him of the blocks? You then tell me he's going to out tall him. You're buddy then clowns me for comparing Aldrich and Pittman saying that Pittman isn't in Aldrich's league. But Pittman is tall though? So then I ask is Bill going to let Aldirich cover him singlehandedly. You tell me know, Bill will use some double teams. Now it's starting to sound like every game this year. So we established that Aldrich is going to Dazzle Blake not with his speed, muscle, agility, or jumping ability, but with his uncanny ability to be tall. Cool, so we have Blake not being able to be as effective because of Aldrich amazing Height. You never told me anything about Aldrich's ability to play good position defense, use angling, forcing blake to his weak side, fronting or 3/4 blake, pushing him off the blocks or anything like that. Just using the height.

Converly I ask you if Blake will have a chance to cancel out any of Aldrich's numbers. You instantly tell me Blake is not a good defender. So, now we have a theme. A classic often used one, but none the less a theme. The great player who doesn't play defense going up against the scrappy guy. So after establishing that the tall guy is going to limit Blake, we get on Aldrich. Aldrich is averaging 15 and 10. I ask about blake cutting his numbers and you tell me Blake's a poor defender. So I assume Aldrich, a guy averaging 15 will get that or atleast more against a poor defender. Then you come back and tell me that this dude isn't any good offensively and that he probably won't be that effective due to foul trouble. Unfreakinbelievable. We just had a huge debate about Blake not seeing anyone of Aldrich's ability and how aldrich is going to outtall blake and then you turn around and tell me Aldrich is gonna be on the bench with foul trouble. How do you think people get in foul trouble? In watching Blake this year, most people have got in foul trouble from not being able to check him defensively.

Man, after reading all of DirtyMess comments I've changed my mind.
If things don't go down like this something is wrong.

-Blake goes bananas and gets way more than his average
-Cole Aldrich does nothing and has to be carried off the court
-OU wins by 30

No, you have it all wrong. You guys are saying Cole is 3 inches taller, has a longer reach, and is a better defender. He is averaging a double/double 15 and 10, so he should eat Blake alive right?

How many does he get, cheno. 30 and 18? I bet with his superior reach and height that he shuts Blake down right (even though the websites that I checked had them both listed at 6'10).

We all know that gawks are always right, because of their vast knowledge of the game and superior tradition.

I will let Blake know what our resident hawks think of him versus Cole.

Well, was that an old-fashioned gawk owning or what?

No, you have it all wrong. You guys are saying Cole is 3 inches taller, has a longer reach, and is a better defender. He is averaging a double/double 15 and 10, so he should eat Blake alive right?

Show me once where I said any of that.
I said OU would win by double digits.
Blake will get his. No doubt. I've never said anything different.

We all know that gawks are always right, because of their vast knowledge of the game and superior tradition.

And that is so weak.
The arrogant ego's are starting to come out. I wonder why? You and a few others are turning into everything you said you've hated for so long.

Show me once where I said any of that.
I said OU would win by double digits.
Blake will get his. No doubt. I've never said anything different.

And that is so weak.
The arrogant ego's are starting to come out. I wonder why? You and a few others are turning into everything you said you've hated for so long.

What have we hated for so long? I don't follow.

What have we hated for so long? I don't follow.

He's saying that OU fans hate arrogant KU fans yet DM is acting like one on this thread.

BigTime,

You are just going a little overboard. No one said that Cole should dominate Blake, despite Blake not being a good defender. I am sure he will step it up against Cole, maybe that is it, he needs a challenge?

I just think it's funny that everything is hyperbole because people can handle a real discussion. It is either Blake is the second coming or he's terrible, and the same with Aldrich.

If you get a chance to talk to Blake I hope that you have something better for him then what people on a message board are saying. He will think that's pretty lame.

Blake is going to get his and Cole will get his. They both will probably be right around their averages. That is why that is their averages. But you are kidding yourself if you think both will not have to be on their games and bring it to get those. It will be Cole Aldrich's toughest matchup of the year hands down and it will be one of Blake's toughest of the year and in the Big 12 for sure. That is all I have said. I'm sure Grace means the same because it's about what he said (without putting words in his mouth).
That and OU will win by double digits.
All the other crap is just a spin job.
OU is better than KU this year. No doubt.
I hope OU brings their A game. And if they bring their A game they win despite what KU does. And I still hope OU brings their A game. This will be a huge game for the OU program, Coach Capel and the biggest game of their lives for a lot of the OU players. It's huge.

He's saying that OU fans hate arrogant KU fans yet DM is acting like one on this thread.

BigTime,

You are just going a little overboard. No one said that Cole should dominate Blake, despite Blake not being a good defender. I am sure he will step it up against Cole, maybe that is it, he needs a challenge?

I just think it's funny that everything is hyperbole because people can handle a real discussion. It is either Blake is the second coming or he's terrible, and the same with Aldrich.

If you get a chance to talk to Blake I hope that you have something better for him then what people on a message board are saying. He will think that's pretty lame.

I'm far from being arrogant, or a "gawk" whatever the hell that is. Infact the reason I kept replying to this thread is because that was kind of what you KU fans were doing. I shall explain:

The premise of this thread was asking how good was KU and if they will give OU problems. The consensus was don't take them lightly, but OU should win. Cheno then says OU should win but KU mathces up well with OU. "THEY HAVE A GREAT DEFENSIVE CENTER" who COULD slow blake down a bit. He went on to say Collins would give OU problems. I agree with the second statement, but took exception to the first. Do you know Arinza Onuaku? He is the center for Syracuse that had 19 and 13 on Aldrich. Do you know Tyrell Lynch? He is a back up center that averages 4 pts and 3 rebounds. He had his season high against Kansas with 10pts and 5rbs in a victory for UMass and hit a key jumper over Aldrich. Tony Gaffney, their starting center had 13rbs. Jordan Hill and Jamelle Horne, Arizona's two post players combined for 42 points and 24rbs. Horne usually averages 9pts and Hill usually averages 17. Against Tennessee, Aldrich had 22 and 10 in a victory, but Tennessee two starting post players had 21 and 17pts to go along with 8 and 9 rebounds. Morgan of MSU had 13 and 8, which is not in any way being victimized but Lucas did live in the Lane. Even Colon of KSU had 12 and 6. Now I know I cherry picked 6 games out of the season, but 4 of the games were losses where you would expect for a guy to do his best. Now do those six games reak of dominant defense? Looks like Aldrich struggled with some more athletic players. Some of those guys had season high stats against KU. Obviously if those guys put up those numbers on Aldrich I would generally think Blake can put up good numbers as well.

Secondly, you guys took exception to me comparing Aldrich to Ostertag. That was obviously a poor comparison, because Ostertag was a great college defender. Even in the pros, defense was his calling card. Aldrich obviously has strugged defensively in games this year and I apologize to the Tagster. The polarizing thing that I said was Aldrich was a sloth. Now that's a little strong, but his performance against those athletic fowards shows that he has an athleticism deficit.

Furthermore I have never taken a shot at Cheno or Grace, but let me show you some of the personal shots I took on this thread: You're ridiculous, you know little about basketball, you're a joke, Lay off the bong, you're nuts, you're like arguing with a sixth grader, you're making stuff up out of thin air, stupid, arrogant gawk, sudden arrogance. Cheno personally took about eight shots at me. you kept referring to me as an arrogant gawk but who's actions seem arrogant. Arrogance is putting down others. Who's putting down who? I live by the age old saying that when you point one finger, three point back at you.

Lastly, Cheno's assertion that KU give OU challenges and that it would be a competitive ten point game is what I took exception to. KU has been hammered by some teams that aren't very good. Arizona thumped them, MSU outclassed them, and UMass beat KU in Kansas. OU is a top 5 team and any assetion that the game will be highly competive is an assertion of someone who is judging from blue tinted glasses. OU just beat a team that is everyone's sleeper pick for going to the final four by 15 points. UT is deeper than KU at the post position and still was no match for Blake. For someone to think KU will do better makes me think that it's probably a KU fan who feels KU is derserved of higher consideration just because they are KU. Going into the KU game last year, OU had a similar team to KU. They were young, fairly good, but didn't have the horses to keep up with KU. Now OU isn't as good as that KU squad, but OU is good. KU is average. The most important thing is the game is at home. My opinion is that KU will be outmatched in a big way. As a KU fan you take exception because you believe that KU is such a mighty school that they can't get beat bad.

To me the most indicative thing said in this thread was this: Again the taste of victory and a high ranking are starting to turn you to the darkside. To what many OU fans have hated for years.....the attitude of an "arrogant gawk

This statement is insulting to all OU fans. OU has been a winning program for the last 30 years. OU fans have experienced number one rankings, All Americans, final fours, big12 championships and a championship game. For you to think our 16-1 start makes us turn to the darkside and gives us arrogance is like throwing sand in our faces. My second favorite team has always been KU in the big12. I was cheering like OU won the days KU beat UNC and Memphis. If I knew their fans would scoff at our little success in the first half of the season the next year, maybe I wouldn't have.

Last edited:
You're right DirtyMess. I don't know what I was thinking in that the OU vs KU game could actually be a semi-competitive 10 point win for OU.
It's got to be a blowout 30 point win for OU. Any other thoughts are stupid and crazy.

340x.jpg

he won't foul out in manhattan, losers.

:willie922_jpg_xs:

Back