Kansas Jayhawks?

Hopefully Blake can be as near as productive as Arinza Onuaku.

This thread is hilarious. Hey, DirtyMess, so now Aldrich is responsible for guarding EVERY post man on the floor? LOL. Those were some of the dumbest examples I've ever seen. I doubt you watched any of those games, you just grabbed some box scores and judged Aldrich's defense. It may be insulting to you but that is dumb.

This thread has smack board written all over it....I think.

This thread is hilarious. Hey, DirtyMess, so now Aldrich is responsible for guarding EVERY post man on the floor? LOL. Those were some of the dumbest examples I've ever seen. I doubt you watched any of those games, you just grabbed some box scores and judged Aldrich's defense. It may be insulting to you but that is dumb.

Who is he responsible for then? Was Marcus Morris guarding Hill and the 6'9 center for Cuse? I mean, those stats didn't make themselves up. The post from VCU, Purdue, and Arkansas put up big numbers against OU. I'm not going to blame that on Orlando Alllen. You tell me who's responsible for those numbers. Kansas runs a man on man, right? Are they putting the lesser defenders on the good players and letting Aldrich eliminate the production from the guys that are the least productive? Get real, man. You spend the whole thread talking about how Aldrich is a adequate defender and I bring you instances where other big men from others teams put up big numbers and now you want to throw that out of the window. I guess that's just me being "dumb".

By the way, Grace, you and Cheno definetely have a distinct debate style. You lead off with an incindiary comment like "That's ridiculous" or sarcasm. Then instead of debate opinions like mine, which I backed up with statistics, like the fact that KU let the opposing post players have increased production and in some cases season highs in their six biggest games, you just become dismissive and then insult me. Is this indicative of how KU fans interact with others or is this just an Isoloated situation with you two? We will go further in our exchanges if we debate what each others says in a respectable manners and use facts, like I have, enforce the opinions.

Last edited:
Who is he responsible for then? Was Marcus Morris guarding Hill and the 6'9 center for Cuse? I mean, those stats didn't make themselves up. The post from VCU, Purdue, and Arkansas put up big numbers against OU. I'm not going to blame that on Orlando Alllen. You tell me who's responsible for those numbers. Kansas runs a man on man, right? Are they putting the lesser defenders on the good players and letting Aldrich eliminate the production from the guys that are the least productive? Get real, man. You spend the whole thread talking about how Aldrich is a adequate defender and I bring you instances where other big men from others teams put up big numbers and now you want to throw that out of the window. I guess that's just me being "dumb".

By the way, Grace, you and Cheno definetely have a distinct debate style. You lead off with an incindiary comment like "That's ridiculous" or sarcasm. Then instead of debate opinions like mine, which I backed up with statistics, like the fact that KU let the opposing post players have increased production and in some cases season highs in their six biggest games, you just become dismissive and then insult me. Is this indicative of how KU fans interact with others or is this just an Isoloated situation with you two? We will go further in our exchanges if we debate what each others says in a respectable manners and use facts, like I have, enforce the opinions.

Dude, we lead with stuff like "That's ridiculous" because your posts pretty much are. You use circular logic and post huge paragraphs that make no sense. You say things and attribute them to another poster that was never said, you twist it all up.

I said it was stupid hold Aldrich accountable for what 2 post players did because he doesn't guard two people. Again, I doubt you have seen KU play at all this year to see how Aldrich has done defensively so you really shouldn't even comment on it. A box score isn't enough to make an intelligent observation on someone's defense.

An example would be the discussion we had about Stephen Curry against OU. Looking at the stats you see that Curry had 44 points and you would judge that OU did a poor job guarding him. I watched the whole game and OU (AJ mostly) actually did a really good job guarding him and made him work his butt off to score (at a low % as well).

If you want to have a discussion of the facts without making outrageous claims I'd be glad to, but until then I will continue to call your posts ridiculous because they are.

Doesn't make sense, huh. I think it's more of me saying something negative about your beloved KU then it is me not making sense. Again no one held adrich accountable for two defenders, I pointed out that two defenders put up big numbers just incase you wanted to debate that he didn't guard one of them. I did watch part of the Arizona game, the MSU game, the last 15 of the Umass game, the Temple game, The Tennesse game and the Cuse game. You obviously watch all KU games so you tell me if Cole was responsible for Hill's, Okuanu's, Tyler Smith, Raymar Morgan, Lynch, and Colon's production. Now I know he can't be accountable for the production of all those players, but he's supposedly a defensive stopper. I tell you what, you tell me how those games played out in you're opinion. My position is really simple. I feel that OU will win the game in a pretty dominant way, and Aldrich is no match for Blake and Blake will be his usual self, 20+ and 10+. If by any chance the game is down to the wire, which I doubt, Blake will have monster numbers, 30 and 20.

The match-up between Blake and Aldrich is not too important in my opinion on influencing the outcome of the game. Like every OU game, guard play will decide the outcome. If I am Self, I "hold" Blake to 20 and 10 and just clamp down on the other guards...the key is to get a lead in the first half, if they can KU will be tough to shake.

I remember Okuanu having a big overtime against KU, think 5 or 6 points.

Doesn't make sense, huh. I think it's more of me saying something negative about your beloved KU then it is me not making sense. Again no one held adrich accountable for two defenders, I pointed out that two defenders put up big numbers just incase you wanted to debate that he didn't guard one of them. I did watch part of the Arizona game, the MSU game, the last 15 of the Umass game, the Temple game, The Tennesse game and the Cuse game. You obviously watch all KU games so you tell me if Cole was responsible for Hill's, Okuanu's, Tyler Smith, Raymar Morgan, Lynch, and Colon's production. Now I know he can't be accountable for the production of all those players, but he's supposedly a defensive stopper. I tell you what, you tell me how those games played out in you're opinion. My position is really simple. I feel that OU will win the game in a pretty dominant way, and Aldrich is no match for Blake and Blake will be his usual self, 20+ and 10+. If by any chance the game is down to the wire, which I doubt, Blake will have monster numbers, 30 and 20.

Ok, I will remember your prediction that if it's close it will be Griffin with 30 and 20.

Do you think he's not Capable of those numbers? Or just not Capable against Kansas.

Oh, I think he's capable of just about anything, but I seriously doubt it will happen against KU. Do you realize how difficult it is to score 30 and grab 20 rebounds? It's really hard.

My position is really simple. I feel that OU will win the game in a pretty dominant way, and Aldrich is no match for Blake and Blake will be his usual self, 20+ and 10+. If by any chance the game is down to the wire, which I doubt, Blake will have monster numbers, 30 and 20.

Ummm, I'm pretty sure Grace and I both said OU would win (I said double figures don't know what Grace predicted) and that Blake would get 20+ and 10+ as well. So what in the world are you arguing? :eek:

Aldrich is a nice player. I'm just worried he may go all Sasha Kahn on us... in memberance of the passing of the late, great Ricardo Montebon.

About as hard as scoring 54 points.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=283270201
I know mighty Kansas is a different animal though. All they need to do is throw their jersey's out there and that will give you 10-15 points.

See....here's another example of your arrogance. You list a box score of the only time Blake has scored 30 and grabbed 20 in a game and you try to pawn it off as Grace and I are idiots to not think he's going to do it against Cole Aldrich. Blake has done it 1 time in his entire career.
Again, Blake could do it...he's the best player in the country but to act like we're dumb for thinking that it's just probably not going to happen is silly. Then you try and spin it as KU arrogance with your "mighty Kansas" reference.
And if you don't think Kansas is a different animal than Gardner Webb then I don't know what to tell you.
I could be an idiot and post Blake's box score from the KU game last year but that would be stupid. And I'm not stupid.
Again.....OU will win by double digits and Blake will get his averages. I think Cole will get his averages as well. I really don't see what you are arguing, other than you are boasting about how OU is better than KU this year.

I am starting to agree with the person that "1 starred" this thread. It is impossible to reason with our resident Jayhawks when Kansas is involved in the argument.

Let's take it to the smack board where we can further run cirlces around the argument, and where Cole can continue to be 3 inches taller than Blake.

I am starting to agree with the person that "1 starred" this thread. It is impossible to reason with our resident Jayhawks when Kansas is involved in the argument.

Let's take it to the smack board where we can further run cirlces around the argument, and where Cole can continue to be 3 inches taller than Blake.

LOL, and OU fans are all reason when it comes to OU. Give me a break.

Also, I am willing to bet that when you see Aldrich next to Griffin he will have at least 2 inches on him. No way is Griffin 6'10.

LOL, and OU fans are all reason when it comes to OU. Give me a break.

Also, I am willing to bet that when you see Aldrich next to Griffin he will have at least 2 inches on him. No way is Griffin 6'10.

Never said we were. BUT, you don't see me on the phog trying to impose that "reason" on the Jayhawk fans.

I should be on there posting every update showing that Cole will be going pro next year!

I like talking hoops with you, grace. I just don't like talking Kansas hoops with you. You are a knowledgable basketball poster and bring something to this board. You are also incredibly biased when it comes to talking about KU basketball, KU fans, KU recruits, Eric Bossi (read his Barnes interview btw...I wish OU had a guy that covered the national scene like that), Bill Self etc....

Thankfully we now have a smack board, so the rest of the OU fans don't have to have it take up main board space.

Really? I'd like you tell me one statement I've made that was reasonable.
Boy, the ego's are getting larger. :ez-roll:

Never said we were. BUT, you don't see me on the phog trying to impose that "reason" on the Jayhawk fans.
Who's trying to impose the reason? An OU fan started a thread about KU on an OU board. We're just commenting in it.....and again, not saying anything that isn't reasonable.
Unless you think OU will win by double digits and Griffin and Aldrich will get around their averages as unreasonable.
The funny thing is you started a thread about the arrogance of KU fans. LOL

Last edited:
Back