Kansas tonight

seniorsooner

Reaction score
I believe they have 29 field goals and 24 assists. That is pretty remarkable.

I believe they have 29 field goals and 24 assists. That is pretty remarkable.

They are playing very unselfishly. Morningstar is very underrated in that aspect, the ball moves very well when he's in there.

KU-UT is going to be a war.

Collins is absolutely deadly from outside. The guy is a big shot machine.

My favorite part was when the KU player came down with a rebound and threw an elbow to the head of a Cal player and was called for a foul. Bob Knight immediatly resoponded by saying it was a bad call and that the defensive player was at fault for putting his head in there and that the offensive player is not supposed to tuck their elbows in, but they need to be able to pivot with their elbows out to clear space.

Interesting take, Mr. Knight.

My favorite part was when the KU player came down with a rebound and threw an elbow to the head of a Cal player and was called for a foul. Bob Knight immediatly resoponded by saying it was a bad call and that the defensive player was at fault for putting his head in there and that the offensive player is not supposed to tuck their elbows in, but they need to be able to pivot with their elbows out to clear space.

wow...can't stand him.

It was the right call, only because the KU player led with the elbow then pivoted. If he had pivoted simultaneously without "swinging" his elbow while chinning the ball, it wouldn't have been a foul. Knight was wrong on this case, but in theory he was correct.

I know in college that is one of the first things we as guards learned to do...if you catch it on the wing with a defender up in your business, rip it through underneath and then over the top to clear space. If you do it right it won't be a foul if you catch the defender on the chin.

It was the right call, only because the KU player led with the elbow then pivoted. If he had pivoted simultaneously without "swinging" his elbow while chinning the ball, it wouldn't have been a foul. Knight was wrong on this case, but in theory he was correct.

I know in college that is one of the first things we as guards learned to do...if you catch it on the wing with a defender up in your business, rip it through underneath and then over the top to clear space. If you do it right it won't be a foul if you catch the defender on the chin.

It was just so blatant you had to call it. It wasn't really in a scrum or anything, the guy was just running by when it happened. It's one of those things that coaches teach you to do but if you catch someone with that elbow they will call it. It was a good call, imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNfYK95DzKk[/ame]

LOL @ the handshakes from the Knight clan. What a couple of jerks.

Back