Keeley Parks 2025 Offer

[tweet]https://twitter.com/keeleyparks04/status/1653008311174807559?s=46&t=TKkC12_zW1KX3ed0YSJYeA[/tweet]

Keeley invited to the U16 national team trials but can’t attend due to a concussion

[tweet]https://twitter.com/keeleyparks04/status/1661341902820499456?s=46&t=TKkC12_zW1KX3ed0YSJYeA[/tweet]

I have seen her at 2 or 3 OU games this season...we are clearly recruiting her hard. Michael Neal was head coach at Norman High when her Dad was his #1 assistant so they are close. But she has offers from almost everyone in the Power 5 including LSU, Texas, Duke, etc level teams. She has gone on unofficial visits to several of the perennial top level type schools. So she has a choice to stay home or go to a top 10 type school...she is a really important recruit.

Is she seriously considering OU? She is very, VERY highly ranked, and from Norman. Not getting her would be inexcusable. We lost out on OKC area recruits under Coale, it can't continue.

Not recruiting her at all might warrant the word 'inexcusable'. All coaches can do is recruit them hard. The wild card in recruiting local kids is how they feel about playing close to where they grew up. Some kids want that. Others want to try somewhere different.

We also got Loften to commit, and she's in the same class, ranked higher than Parks, depending on which rating publication you look at. It could be that getting Loften could help us land another one of these highly sought after in-state kids like Parks, Williams and Richardson, OR maybe it could hurt us, per the competition factor. I think it's crucial we land another one of these highly ranked instate kids along with Loften to secure our program's competitiveness after next season.

Parks was at the TCU game tonight. I saw her go to the locker room at half to see how the team interacts and makes halftime adjustments.

By the way in an earlier game this year she and Lofton were at the same game and both went to the locker room at half.

Back