Kruger attacks and the disappointment of the season....

Great post, NC Sooner. And I hope you and your team have a great season. Just keep up the hard work and don't let a few detractors get you down.

Kelvin always kept one scholarship back (I almost thought he did it on purpose) and then one year OU had a chance to get a really good transfer from Baylor and we didn't have a scholarship. I was a big Kelvin Sampson fan but I swear that guy had the worst luck.

I've heard that before, who was the Baylor kid, anybody remember?

And I think Kelvin usually had more than one open scholarship. I remember looking at his rosters earlier this year, and he rarely had more than 10-11 kids on scholly.

I've heard that before, who was the Baylor kid, anybody remember?

And I think Kelvin usually had more than one open scholarship. I remember looking at his rosters earlier this year, and he rarely had more than 10-11 kids on scholly.

Lawrence Roberts transferred to Mississippi State and averaged a double double for the Bulldogs and could have really helped us in those two seasons (NIT and then beat by Utah in the second round -- by Andrew Bogus).

I thought John Lucas wanted to come to OU when Baylor got into the trouble, but we did not have a scholly??? Correct me if I'm wrong......

I thought John Lucas wanted to come to OU when Baylor got into the trouble, but we did not have a scholly??? Correct me if I'm wrong......

I don't think Lucas ever did anything but give OU the run-around. pnkranger was right; it was the Roberts kid that would have transferred to OU if the Sooners had a scholarship to offer. Roberts is the younger brother of then-ESPN sports anchor Robin Roberts.

Back