Kudos to the players and staff

GParker

Reaction score
Was on my home from getting some work done and heard a caller on the Sports Animal talking to Mark Rodgers. The caller stated that a large number of OU basketball players had been at the Children's Medical Center in OKC this past weekend volunteering their time to sign autographs and attempt to cheer up some of the in patient children.

This particular caller's daughter had just had surgery the day before and she was in some "extreme pain" when several players came in and spent time with her. Just their presence and time spent with her, "made her feel important and actually got her to smile for the first time in over a week".

Just thought I would share.

I love to hear that the players are giving back to the community, especially during the holidays.

Was on my home from getting some work done and heard a caller on the Sports Animal talking to Mark Rodgers. The caller stated that a large number of OU basketball players had been at the Children's Medical Center in OKC this past weekend volunteering their time to sign autographs and attempt to cheer up some of the in patient children.

This particular caller's daughter had just had surgery the day before and she was in some "extreme pain" when several players came in and spent time with her. Just their presence and time spent with her, "made her feel important and actually got her to smile for the first time in over a week".

Just thought I would share.

Thanks for the much needed perspective.

Back