With all the hand wringing and arguments over the off season about players/

still a little early to say anything for certain...we have had many years where we looked really good in the non conference and then just tanked the 2nd half of the season. I'm cautiously optomistic...i've been hurt too many times to fully buy in

still a little early to say anything for certain...we have had many years where we looked really good in the non conference and then just tanked the 2nd half of the season. I'm cautiously optomistic...i've been hurt too many times to fully buy in

That's where I'm at. Great performances in this tournament though, and it's encouraging.

I like this squad and think we will compete with everyone most nights. I do like Porter Moser when it comes to getting effort/defense out of our guys. Very impressed with our returning guys.
Positives:
Godwin does his job/great rebounder. Some nights he won't get as much run due to matchups.
Oweh - improved clearly.. would like to see his block/reb numbers go up. Potential to be a star.
Uzan - a true PG and I like it. Looks like he's the one guy not in a groove yet, but he should be fine.
Hugley - I think if we keep him at that 20-25min range and keep fresh all season we got something!
McCollum - flat out star and shot maker which we needed.
Moore - Freak athlete, effects the game a different way than J. Hill did. I can't tell if he has much skill or not yet. Can he shoot it?? Can he go get a bucket?
Soares - makes me a bit nervous at times, but so far great energy and athleticism.
Darthard - Solid, I think he will have some nice nights for us.. almost like the Godwin version at guard.

I only wish we had Cortes with this group!! Again he would have helped create for others and been the backup PG. I would take him over Darthard as of now still.

I only wish we had Cortes with this group!! Again he would have helped create for others and been the backup PG. I would take him over Darthard as of now still.

the best part of this team is that there is no Defense - at guard wing

JM is small but very athletic ..

Cortes would be a major issue on D

The real test for this team will be how they respond once they get punched and knocked down in Big 12 play. It's coming.

The transfers we brought in have a lot of experience, so I'm hopeful they'll be able to pick themselves up and keep grinding once that happens. And if they do? This team could make some real noise in March.

Back