Latest bracketology.....

Yes, your bracket is before the OSU game, the article I linked is updated after the game. Here is his take on OU currently.

Lon Kruger's group is closer to No. 50 on the NET, while aforementioned Texas Tech is nearer to No. 30. Otherwise, these two teams share a good deal in common in profile terms. Both the Sooners and the Red Raiders would likely land in the bracket as double-digit seeds or close to it if the season ended today. Both figure to be .500-ish finishers in a Big 12 that's preposterously strong at the top yet not quite as deep as what we've seen in recent years. Like Texas Tech (2-8), Oklahoma sports a so-so record against Quad 1 (2-6), yet will have several chances to improve that mark.

I'm not sure I would call that "solidly" in but we have disagreed before about the term "solid"!! Haha, just messin with you Boulder.

stay top 5 in Big 12 we are solidly in!

"Solidly in" before we play TT, WVU, ISU (must win at home), KU, Baylor. Let's see where we are after that stretch, it's a murderer's row. We will probably only be favored in the ISU game at home and nobody will forget what happened in Ames.

A third straight season at or near the bubble. Losing in Ames and Manhattan hurts because those were great chances to get a little slack to offset probable home losses.

stay top 5 in Big 12 we are solidly in!

Without question. 10 games left. Predict the final 10:

@Texas Tech -- LOSS
West Virginia -- LOSS
Iowa State -- WIN
@Kansas -- LOSS
Baylor -- WIN
@OSU -- WIN
Texas Tech -- WIN
@West Virginia -- LOSS
Texas -- WIN
@TCU -- WIN

6-4 the rest of the way, but with wins over Texas Tech and Baylor.

@Texas Tech -- LOSS
West Virginia -- LOSS
Iowa State -- WIN
@Kansas -- LOSS
Baylor -- WIN
@OSU -- WIN
Texas Tech -- WIN
@West Virginia -- LOSS
Texas -- WIN
@TCU -- WIN

I don't know, Baylor is going to be extremely motivated after we almost upset them. I don't see any other wins against the top tier. It's going to be tough sledding.

@Texas Tech -- LOSS
West Virginia -- LOSS
Iowa State -- WIN
@Kansas -- LOSS
Baylor -- WIN
@OSU -- WIN
Texas Tech -- WIN
@West Virginia -- LOSS
Texas -- WIN
@TCU -- WIN

3-7 or 2-8 is not out of the question. February has not been kind to Lon lately.

A third straight season at or near the bubble. Losing in Ames and Manhattan hurts because those were great chances to get a little slack to offset probable home losses.

Not sure we've been that close to the bubble in the past. We are solid now IMO

@Texas Tech -- LOSS
West Virginia -- LOSS (win)
Iowa State -- WIN
@Kansas -- LOSS
Baylor -- WIN
@OSU -- WIN
Texas Tech -- WIN
@West Virginia -- LOSS
Texas -- WIN
@TCU -- WIN

Baylor at home and WVU at home Id flip.

We can beat baylor but they are good.

Not sure we've been that close to the bubble in the past. We are solid now IMO

It depends on how you define close. Trae Young year we were the last "bye". That is the closest we have been since 1999 when we were the last team in though.

We will prolly end with 9 wins which is easily in.

8 and we are still ok but with some sweating.

7 and we need to start panicking.

It’s really that simple. We already got 4 wins just get 4/10 and we are in

What we have going for us right now is that we have no bad losses. Yes, Kansas St was not a good loss as we should have been able to win, but on paper is was only a Quadrant 2 loss. All of our other losses are Quadrant 1. And Kansas State is only two spots away from being ranked 75 -- which means this could end being a Quadrant 1 loss by the end of the season depending on how K State finishes. There are only 12 teams that have only Quadrant 1 losses.

We need a couple more Quad 1 wins but I think we will get there. If we can avoid a February struggle, we will be in just fine.

So an 11 or 12 seed and a probable first round loss in the tournament? Is that what everyone envisioned at the beginning of the year?

And our strength of schedule is big plus -- we have only played 7 games against Quad 3 or 4 competition -- there are only 3 other teams have have played fewer games against Qad 3 and 4.

Back