Let's Play GM...

i try to trade num 3 to sactown at 4 and draft jordan hill....i trade jeff green and num 24 and some piece to warriors and try to pick up the num 7 pick and a player like turiaf, with num 7 you take a shooter like curry

westbrook
curry
durant
hill
turiaf

i try to trade num 3 to sactown at 4 and draft jordan hill....i trade jeff green and num 24 and some piece to warriors and try to pick up the num 7 pick and a player like turiaf, with num 7 you take a shooter like curry

westbrook
curry
durant
hill
turiaf

That team would be worse than what is currently on the court. You will make the Thunder have the best chance to win the '10 lottery. They would have two shooters/scorers in Durant and Curry. Two post players whose offensive games are not that good.

I would trade the #3 pick and anyone on the roster short of Durant to try and get Blake.
Then at #24 you take one of the multitude of solid PG's in this class.

On a side note, the Brandon Jennings decision sure is looking like a smart one. He's a top 10 pick it looks like.

The problem is that in this draft you won't get much in return for that #3 pick most likely unless someone REALLY wants Rubio (which is possible) but it's hard to get equal value for a draft pick because of the cap.

From Ford's workout article it sounds like Harden is in really great shape and looks much more athletic and explosive than expected. Holiday is way to high at #3 and DeRozan is such a raw player I don't think you pass on Harden because the ceiling isn't going to be that much higher. DeRozan isn't even close to as polished as Westbrook last year.

I say you take Harden and that gives you size and shooting in the backcourt. He isn't super athletic but he doesn't have to be on the court with Westbrook, Durant, and Green. That is a really versatile and skilled offensive group with the potential to get after people defensively. I think at that point you take a backup PG like Patty Mills with your next pick. This draft is terrible for big men so I think the THunder will have to fill that need some other way.

Hardin is probably the best choice. But I would rather get a true point here not another Westbrook and hope one of them becomes a point. I just don't see Thabeet having a lot of upside although he does fill a need inside. Usually the late 1st round pick is some foreign guy I've never heard of.

I'm not as high on Derozan. He may be a good player in time, but his first year at USC was a bit underwhelming considering the hype. The Thunder need a shooter at the 2 and Derozan's perimeter shooting was poor this year. Besides Curry, Harden is the best available shooter. If i don't choose him I would go for Evans, then Derozan.

westbrook
curry
durant
hill
turiaf

Seriously???

After watching and reading more about Omri Casspi. He might not be there at #25. That guy is good. He might go in the late lotto to #20.

One thing that the Thunder can do. Is draft Harden and try and sign Paul Millsap. He won't demand too much money so it would be a good talent for cheap. Boozer has a player option and it looks like he will take it and Jazz can't sign them both.

Try to sign Millsap and draft Harden #3.

At #25, hopefully Casspi is still there, if not take the best post player available. It might be Hansborough too. Which I wouldn't like.

One thing that the Thunder can do. Is draft Harden and try and sign Paul Millsap. He won't demand too much money so it would be a good talent for cheap. Boozer has a player option and it looks like he will take it and Jazz can't sign them both.
Define "too much money" and "cheap."

Millsap's agent was demanding at least $10 million per year six months ago, and he may command even more money on the free agent market. The Pistons have a ton of cap room and are expected to make a run at either Boozer (if he opts out) or Millsap.

presti loves long athletes ... harden is niether .. and he had a horrible end to the year ..

i think derozan is a good prospect .. he played very very well the last month of the year for USC and the light finially was coming on .. he is a super athletic 6'6 and a very good defender .. trading down to #5 with washington and picking up mcghee and then drafting derozan is a great plan ..

at 25 i think we try to find a back up point ...

i don't think we make any major FA signing this off season ..

and remember that serge ibaka will most likely be on the roster next year as well

Back