LNC Crowd

I was shocked at how good it was considering it's still break and there was a Thunder game tonight. Very well done OU fans!

So how was the crowd tonight? It sounded loud on TV.

It was great! This is the first home game I got to go to in decades. (Calm down, I live out of state and can't get back as often as I might like.) There was lots of noise, lots of excitement. The crowd was wanting to clap and cheer!

On the negative side, I tried to get a good old "DE FENCE" chant going. But that seemed a bit too complex and the crowd just got loud. No problem! I LOVE loud.

It was a great crowd. Bet we had over 10,000 there and they really rose up to help encourage the team at the right moments too. Our fans definitely showed up well tonight.

Good crowd, loud, but I don't understand 25% of them leaving when the game went into OT.

Great Crowd...

Except for the usual thousand fans that leave early...at least this game they waited until there was a minute left...

it was amusing watching some of them come back to their seats once we went into OT. but at least they did, we needed everyone.

I was down behind the bench and the crowd was loud and really energized the team.
To those that were leaving with 2-3 minutes left, shame on you!

Let's not forget guys that there are a lot of folks that don't actually leave, but rather, go to watch the game from the top. This allows them to beat the rest of the crowd out the door. It is a bigger percentage of folks "leaving" than you would think.

I just got back home here in Broken Arrow and considering how bad this OU team has played this season and with the Thunder playing I thought this was a very good crowd. I would say about 9500-10000 fans were there and it got very loud near the end of the second half and especially in overtime. I now have a soar throat for all the cursing and yelling though. :ez-laugh:

Bravo to that crowd. Turned out being the MVP of the game.

Good crowd, loud, but I don't understand 25% of them leaving when the game went into OT.

Many do as I do. Move to the top of the arena and watch standing up. Saves about 15 minutes getting out of the parking lot. There were a few actually leaving LNC but most moved to the top were it was 3 deep in many places. Did have to return to my seat for the OT.

My voice is gone and I know I'm not the only one. When we were on defense in the 2nd half and OT, the crowd was as loud as I've ever heard it. They were cheering like we were on defense at a football game.

I was proud of the crowd. It was big in numbers but also helped us get the win.

Back