Looks like there's a visitor this weekend

Teams can sign players until May 18th. After that it's whatever school they show up at and start attending school.

There likely aren't any OU caliber big men available at this stage.

There are probably 20-25 graduate transfer post players available. None of them are OU caliber?

We have an obvious need with a program off a Final 4 season. I think it's a mistake, all respect to this incredible coaching staff, if we enter next season with the front court as it is now.

If we do, I think the NCAA Tournament would be a major accomplishment.

There are probably 20-25 graduate transfer post players available. None of them are OU caliber?

We have an obvious need with a program off a Final 4 season. I think it's a mistake, all respect to this incredible coaching staff, if we enter next season with the front court as it is now.

If we do, I think the NCAA Tournament would be a major accomplishment.

We don't need a graduate transfer big man, that's just someone taking developmental minutes from McNeace, Freeman, Buford, etc. We're much better off taking a couple lumps and getting those guys ready to perform for the next few years. Next year is going to be a bit of a rebuild wiht so many freshmen and sophomores playing minutes.

We don't need a graduate transfer big man, that's just someone taking developmental minutes from McNeace, Freeman, Buford, etc. We're much better off taking a couple lumps and getting those guys ready to perform for the next few years. Next year is going to be a bit of a rebuild wiht so many freshmen and sophomores playing minutes.

If we have the opportunity to get someone who can immediately help then I say get him.

If we have the opportunity to get someone who can immediately help then I say get him.

Why? We aren't competing for a conference title next season. We aren't likely to be a high NCAA seed. We are playing tons of freshmen and sophomores, why do we want a one year guy taking minutes away from our young post players when those guys could be improving for the '17 and 18 seasons which look extremely promsiing.

His handles aren't very good, but it looks like he can shoot it. He's a shooting guard. You can never have enough of those. He's also from a basketball strong area. He sees good competition.

I like this move. We take a flier on him. If after two years he has shown he isn't going to contribute he probably transfers out and it's not really a loss since we weren't using the scholarships anyway.

I had a feeling that he would sign when he visited. I think that he will be very productive and will not redshirt.

Getting their heads bashed does nothing for their development.

Getting their heads bashed does nothing for their development.

Playing meaningful minutes is exactly how you develop. Having some random kid show up for one year when we aren't chasing anything meaningful just puts a pointless roadblock in front of their development.

If we got a quality big to transfer in on one-year, post-grad basis, he'd have plenty of experience and savvy to share with younger players. They'd still get lots of playing time. I'm all for those young guys developing, but I'm also all for getting as many wins as we can next season. Too big a dip hurts the national perception of the program.

Playing meaningful minutes is exactly how you develop. Having some random kid show up for one year when we aren't chasing anything meaningful just puts a pointless roadblock in front of their development.

Uh, so the NCAA Tournament isn't meaningful??????

Uh, so the NCAA Tournament isn't meaningful??????

That's not what he's saying. He's saying he would rather take our lumps this season, with a team that will still make the NCAA in order to parlay the experience gained from this season into another deep run in the tourney in 2 years.

Why? We aren't competing for a conference title next season. We aren't likely to be a high NCAA seed. We are playing tons of freshmen and sophomores, why do we want a one year guy taking minutes away from our young post players when those guys could be improving for the '17 and 18 seasons which look extremely promsiing.

So you were against Tashawn Thomas? Doesn't seem like he negatively effected Lattin, Spangler, or McNease's development. I'd actually say it helped them a ton.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying he would rather take our lumps this season, with a team that will still make the NCAA in order to parlay the experience gained from this season into another deep run in the tourney in 2 years.

And I'm saying that without another big man, I don't think we're close to a lock to make the tournament.

Having only Lattin and McNeace in the post in conference play is frightening. Buford isn't a real option defensively, and unless everything I've heard and read about Freeman is incorrect, he isn't either.

The idea that a little more success could somehow stunt growth is illogical.

Back