Looks like there's a visitor this weekend

And I'm saying that without another big man, I don't think we're close to a lock to make the tournament.

Having only Lattin and McNeace in the post in conference play is frightening. Buford isn't a real option defensively, and unless everything I've heard and read about Freeman is incorrect, he isn't either.

The idea that a little more success could somehow stunt growth is illogical.

Some were saying a few months ago they expect Doolittle to start before the season is over or at least play a lot at the 4. If he starts that pushes Lattin back to the 5.

Some were saying a few months ago they expect Doolittle to start before the season is over or at least play a lot at the 4. If he starts that pushes Lattin back to the 5.

He's Buford's size or smaller. I'd love to be wrong, but I think by February we'll be wishing we had another big guy.

So you were against Tashawn Thomas? Doesn't seem like he negatively effected Lattin, Spangler, or McNease's development. I'd actually say it helped them a ton.

That team was WAY better and more experienced then this one will be. We had a chance to accomplish a lot that year. We don't this year. I would have taken a grad transfer last season, too. I wouldn't want one this year.

That team was WAY better and more experienced then this one will be. We had a chance to accomplish a lot that year. We don't this year. I would have taken a grad transfer last season, too. I wouldn't want one this year.

I'm sorry but this is the exact opposite of my thinking

I disagree with the notion we don't have a lot to accomplish this year. This is a year OU can prove that they start reloading opposed to rebuilding. There is an abundance of talent on this roster, just young. So I think an experienced big man could do wonders. I'm not saying FF, but if OU misses the tourney this year then that's a disappointment for me.

Also do you think Thomas coming in negatively effected the development of Lattin & McNeace?

Also I'm not saying we need a 5th year transfer next year, I'm just saying if you can get one that would help then I think the staff jumps at the opportunity.

It is curious that Lon doesn't seem to be in the market for another big. Makes me think that AK might have a shot at returning if he doesn't get a felony of course.

I look at the CSU transfer guard going to Syracuse as a blessing. J Shepard will Improve the passing on the entire team and be a better player by the end of the next year.

In a year, Doolittle will be as big as Spangler and have a better offensive game. If he can improve defensively we will be OK inside.

I look at the CSU transfer guard going to Syracuse as a blessing. J Shepard will Improve the passing on the entire team and be a better player by the end of the next year.

In a year, Doolittle will be as big as Spangler and have a better offensive game. If he can improve defensively we will be OK inside.

I like the comparison Doolittle is a great rebounder.

I disagree with the notion we don't have a lot to accomplish this year. This is a year OU can prove that they start reloading opposed to rebuilding. There is an abundance of talent on this roster, just young. So I think an experienced big man could do wonders. I'm not saying FF, but if OU misses the tourney this year then that's a disappointment for me.

Also do you think Thomas coming in negatively effected the development of Lattin & McNeace?

Also I'm not saying we need a 5th year transfer next year, I'm just saying if you can get one that would help then I think the staff jumps at the opportunity.

No, Thomas did not negatively affect the development of Lattin and McNease. Lattin still was able to play meaningful minutes, while McNease flat out needed a redshirt.

I just really think that the 2013-2014 season where Buddy, Isiaiah, Spangler and Woodard got to play huge minutes at young guys is what set us up for the huge success we had the next two years. We have a young core of guys that will be together for a long time, and I want them to get comfortable playing together and develop to set us up for another deep tournament run.

. . . . .

I just really think that the 2013-2014 season where Buddy, Isiaiah, Spangler and Woodard got to play huge minutes at young guys is what set us up for the huge success we had the next two years. We have a young core of guys that will be together for a long time, and I want them to get comfortable playing together and develop to set us up for another deep tournament run.

Agree 100%.

It might be different if there was a 5th-year transfer post player that was a legit difference maker. I just don't see it. I wonder who is the very best 5th-year post transfer available at this time.

The OU roster seems loaded with sophomores and freshmen with talent and potential. Let them play. Let them develop.

In the big12 you need 4 post players. I don't see Doolittle or Freeman coming in and helping this year, maybe doolittle.

In the big12 you need 4 post players. I don't see Doolittle or Freeman coming in and helping this year, maybe doolittle.

Freeman will help. A 6' 9" post player with guard-like skills who can shoot from the perimeter the way he does is not going to stay on the bench too long. The only thing we don't know is if he can defend at that position?

Having said that, I'm not the least bit opposed to bringing in a graduate transfer big to improve our post depth.

Freeman will help. A 6' 9" post player with guard-like skills who can shoot from the perimeter the way he does is not going to stay on the bench too long. The only thing we don't know is if he can defend at that position?

Having said that, I'm not the least bit opposed to bringing in a graduate transfer big to improve our post depth.

We do know he's not going to be banging down low.

We do know he's not going to be banging down low.

Bangers down low don't come along too often. Don't forget that some here didn't think Spangler was good at it either. We both know they were wrong of course.

That doesn't mean a player with Freeman's unique size and skill set can't contribute in other areas. My money is on him to play a role that will at least show everyone he has the potential to be really good someday.

Bangers down low ....

Just curious. In the Big-12 this past season, who were the top "bangers down low" in the conference?

Bangers down low ....

Just curious. In the Big-12 this past season, who were the top "bangers down low" in the conference?

Maybe not a lot of bangers but a ton of guys who would dominate Freeman physically.

I really like Freeman, I just hope he adds muscle this offseason.

Maybe not a lot of bangers but a ton of guys who would dominate Freeman physically.

I really like Freeman, I just hope he adds muscle this offseason.

I saw a picture on instagram of him lifting weights so he's trying to do just that!

Bangers down low don't come along too often. Don't forget that some here didn't think Spangler was good at it either. We both know they were wrong of course.

That doesn't mean a player with Freeman's unique size and skill set can't contribute in other areas. My money is on him to play a role that will at least show everyone he has the potential to be really good someday.

I agree with you. I think he's going to be a Gordon Hayward type player.

I saw a picture on instagram of him lifting weights so he's trying to do just that!

I know that, but will it be enough by November? Kid has a high ceiling, just don't know if he'll be ready to play post defense & rebound at a big12 level next year.

Back