Massive Win

TINY

Reaction score
Going into the night I expected to win until the news broke of the groves Bros and Cortes. Just a fantastic team effort to get the win against a tournament kstate team. Have to call out a couple guys — Harkless with another great performance and loved seeing Gibson knock down those FTs at the end. Harkless is NBA. Congrats to Moser on his 1st of many Big12 wins at OU! Get healthy and play hard against baylor and We have a solid shot IMO.

I love your posts, Tiny, and agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments on how big a win it was and on congratulating Porter on his first conference win. And while I agree that Harkless was clutch and played very well, he is only in the NBA if he buys a ticket just like the rest of us. :)

It was really great to win a conference game shorthanded, but K-State is not a tournament team. They were absolutely atrocious last year and are slightly better this year.

They were absolutely atrocious last year and are slightly better this year.

Last season, in non-conference play, KSU went 2-4. This year, they were 8-3. Those numbers suggest a bigger bump than "slightly better" but we'll see.

Last season, in non-conference play, KSU went 2-4. This year, they were 8-3. Those numbers suggest a bigger bump than "slightly better" but we'll see.

Their SOS is like 300 even after playing us. Of those 8 wins, their best win BY FAR is over 9-4 Wichita State. They haven't beaten another team that is better than 3 games under .500. They certainly don't have anything like their Fort Hays State loss last year, but they're still bad. 6-12 would be a pretty good Big 12 record for them.

Their NET this year is far better than last year, and I think the eye test is consistent with that. They were horrid last year, and this year, they are a top 80-ish team. That’s a huge leap, even if it doesn’t make them a tournament team.

It was really great to win a conference game shorthanded, but K-State is not a tournament team. They were absolutely atrocious last year and are slightly better this year.

I don't know if KSU is a "tournament team" or not, but they are #63 in Kenpom as of today. Last year, they were #147 in Kenpom.....KSU is significantly better this year.

Their SOS is like 300 even after playing us. Of those 8 wins, their best win BY FAR is over 9-4 Wichita State. They haven't beaten another team that is better than 3 games under .500. They certainly don't have anything like their Fort Hays State loss last year, but they're still bad. 6-12 would be a pretty good Big 12 record for them.

While I agree that K-State is probably not a tournament team, I don't think I'd characterize them as "bad" either. For example, they're currently rated 63 by KenPom. In relative terms (i.e. 358 total D1 basketball teams) that's not "bad" at all.

All in all, I'm happy with this win. These are the kinds of wins tournament teams scratch out.

KSU has a couple of pretty good players. Not a bad team, but not a tourney team either. But I agree it was a huge win being down our most important player and backup PG.

This issue with that game was that they have good guards and an atrocious frontcourt. Unfortunately, with Tanner and Jacob out and Chagrois in foul trouble, we couldn't make them pay.

Tanner would have had 25 in that game. We smash them in Manhattan with a full bench.

This issue with that game was that they have good guards and an atrocious frontcourt. Unfortunately, with Tanner and Jacob out and Chagrois in foul trouble, we couldn't make them pay.

Tanner would have had 25 in that game. We smash them in Manhattan with a full bench.

I don’t think we will ever smash them in Manhattan. We’ve lost there with FF teams, number one teams, and national players of the year. A one-point win in Manhattan would be delightful.

I don’t think we will ever smash them in Manhattan. We’ve lost there with FF teams, number one teams, and national players of the year. A one-point win in Manhattan would be delightful.

agree....we haven't won there is eon's (so it seems)...lol. a win is a win

Back