MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Strangely enough with Hausen, there are rumors that a Villanova player is transferring to UCONN. And since that speculation started this morning, and Hausen is the first Nova kid hitting the portal, people think it's him.

If not, I've always kind of thought Tech made sense (West Texas kid).

But I imagine OU will try, assuming the kid isn't 100% locked in with someone else already.
and there you go...

10 minutes after my post.

1712776415831.png

Oh I get it, you’re making the oh-so-clever argument that (a) some of these guys didn’t have long careers, while also (b) exposing yourself as someone who doesn’t really follow the NBA.

I guess I should give you credit … this post at least adds the word “who” to your typical contribution.
I readily admit I don’t follow the NBA closely. I’ve only heard of one of those guys

Sooie GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Maybe, lol. I haven't seen any speculation...drawing an obvious conclusion. Cal's first big purchase?

I’d push back on Oweh. I don’t think he improved. I think he feasted on bad teams. His Big 12 numbers this year weren’t any better than last season. I don’t think he got the yips. He’s a legitimately awful shooter, which is why Big 12 teams more or less dared him to shoot. His start to the season was based on a small sample size of 15-20 threes against inferior teams.

Waldo and Moore were better this year than they’d ever been, and Moser deserves some credit for that. But I chat think of anyone who has played two years for him in Norman who improved from year one to year two. I hope Moore becomes that guy if he returns.
True, but he was better against inferior teams in 2023-24 than in 2022-23. That's my point. And his yips impacted not only his shooting but mostly his decisions. Clearly, he was frustrated and it was in his head. Godwin was better this year, not just due to more minutes. FT improved slightly, footwork was better. That's a second-year guy.

Unfortunately, outside the Groves brothers, Los, and Oweh, the sample size of 1-2 year players is small if even existent. That needs to improve, too.

Sasser, Walker, Grimes, Taz Moore, Daymean Dotson, Armoni Brooks, DeJon Jarreau, Eric Gordon, soon Shead.

WhoCareerGamesPPGTRBASTFB%FG3%FT%eFG%PERWSTeam
Marcus Sasser23-2024
68​
7.7​
1.8​
3.3​
42.2​
37.8​
86.4​
51.1​
11.4​
0.8​
Pistons
Jarace Walker23-2024
32​
3.5​
1.8​
1.2​
40​
38.5​
88.9​
49.5​
11.2.3Pacers
Taze Moore23-2024
3​
2​
0​
0.3​
60​
0​
60​
14.3​
0Trailblazers
Damyean Dotson18-2002
213​
7.5​
2.5​
1.5​
41.7​
34.5​
71.1​
50.4​
10.3​
3​
Knicks
Armoni Brooks21-2024
84​
6.6​
2.3​
1.2​
36.2​
33.1​
74.3​
50​
9.1​
0.5​
Nets
DeJon Jarreau22-2024
10​
4.3​
4.4​
2.6​
34​
30.8​
45.5​
38​
9.8​
0​
Grizzlies
Eric Gordon09-2024
884​
15.7​
2.3​
2.8​
43​
37.1​
81.1​
52.2​
13.8​
41​
Suns

Not really a resounding list. Gordon was a stud. The others, meh? Still there is time for Sasser and Shead to do something I guess.

Corey Brewer...
Didn't log any NBA stats according to sports-reference.com

Also to add, before 2023, he had 4 guards in the NBA...1 of which was solid.

WhoCareerGamesPPGTRBASTFB%FG3%FT%eFG%PERWSTeam
Marcus Sasser23-2024
68​
7.7​
1.8​
3.3​
42.2​
37.8​
86.4​
51.1​
11.4​
0.8​
Pistons
Taze Moore23-2024
3​
2​
0​
0.3​
60​
0​
60​
14.3​
0​
Trailblazers
Damyean Dotson18-2002
213​
7.5​
2.5​
1.5​
41.7​
34.5​
71.1​
50.4​
10.3​
3​
Knicks
Armoni Brooks21-2024
84​
6.6​
2.3​
1.2​
36.2​
33.1​
74.3​
50​
9.1​
0.5​
Nets
DeJon Jarreau22-2024
10​
4.3​
4.4​
2.6​
34​
30.8​
45.5​
38​
9.8​
0​
Grizzlies
Eric Gordon09-2024
884​
15.7​
2.3​
2.8​
43​
37.1​
81.1​
52.2​
13.8​
41​
Suns

Not really a resounding list. Gordon was a stud. The others, meh? Still there is time for Sasser and Shead to do something I guess.

Didn't log any NBA stats according to sports-reference.com
Yeah I just had a vague memory of him getting drafted. Probably didn't make the squad and went overseas. My bad.

Yeah I just had a vague memory of him getting drafted. Probably didn't make the squad and went overseas. My bad.
You are all good, I just remember him playing overseas and knew he got drafted. Surprised he didn;t even get into a game.

Man, i wonder how long before we officially land our first transfer? What is the usual timeframe after the season is over, does anyone remember from previous seasons?

Man, i wonder how long before we officially land our first transfer? What is the usual timeframe after the season is over, does anyone remember from previous seasons?
Last year, we didn't get our first portal commit until April 19th. Heck, I don't think Jalon Moore committed until even late May?? I get what you're saying, each day feels like a week. I would guess that Pedulla pops shortly after his visit this weekend. I feel like we have a great chance at Overton too, but since his past coaches coach at Tech and WV, he is at least giving them a chance (his HS coach is at Tech and his Drake coach is now at WV). OU was his first visit and he's from Norman, so that's got to help with making mom happy.

Last year, we didn't get our first portal commit until April 19th. Heck, I don't think Jalon Moore committed until even late May?? I get what you're saying, each day feels like a week. I would guess that Pedulla pops shortly after his visit this weekend. I feel like we have a great chance at Overton too, but since his past coaches coach at Tech and WV, he is at least giving them a chance (his HS coach is at Tech and his Drake coach is now at WV). OU was his first visit and he's from Norman, so that's got to help with making mom happy.
I think it also might make mom happy if he picks up a couple of extra 100K in NIL money. Just sayin'.

I think it also might make mom happy if he picks up a couple of extra 100K in NIL money. Just sayin'.
Ha, maybe so. I'm hoping we can at least match any offer from tech or wv. I mean, I like Overton's game, but he isn't worth over spending on. If Pedulla is indeed getting $300K for one year, what would you be willing to pay?

That's the past of NIL I can't stand....teams OVERPAYING for players, due to them spending "dumb money". There's no ROI on ANY of this, so it's almost like the government spending tax payer money on ridiculous things they hide in these bills that are passed.

Ha, maybe so. I'm hoping we can at least match any offer from tech or wv. I mean, I like Overton's game, but he isn't worth over spending on. If Pedulla is indeed getting $300K for one year, what would you be willing to pay?

That's the past of NIL I can't stand....teams OVERPAYING for players, due to them spending "dumb money". There's no ROI on ANY of this, so it's almost like the government spending tax payer money on ridiculous things they hide in these bills that are passed.
But if you don’t pay..:. You don’t get players.

It’ll eventually come back to earth. Rich people aren’t rich bc they are dumb.

Paying money and getting nothing will eventually end

Well it's not the teams money. The ROI is that the donors get a tax write off when the money is funneled through the collectives which are non-profits. It should eventually come back down to earth, but maybe not. Maybe it will just go in cycles. For the next 5 years, Arkansas is going to be all-in. Their donors are going to pony up for the best players to get at least one championship. Then after that 5 year cycle, another school will do the same with their donors.

But if you don’t pay..:. You don’t get players.

It’ll eventually come back to earth. Rich people aren’t rich bc they are dumb.

Paying money and getting nothing will eventually end
some of these guys are just moving the money they were already giving ...

1 mil to a school a year donations was not about making money it was about helping that athletic dept ..

now some of those guys are giving 500k to the school and 500k to NIL

there is not ROI in most of the athletic dept donations .... that is not what donations are about .. it is about helping the program ..

there is not ROI in most of the athletic dept donations .... that is not what donations are about .. it is about helping the program ..
I get that, my main point was since this isn't any ROI, it essentially becomes dumb money and that's why you're seeing prices for some players so outrageous. There doesn't have to be any economic return, if schools are spending these funds that are coming from various sources. It ends up being spent like our tax dollars do at times.

Back