MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

IDK about this..
I think at times were better with soares and moore as our 4-5.

Of course I want another big.

Find another moore and soares and roll. .
I agree with this. If you can't find a better 5.. You are what you are.. just commit to it and find 1-2 extra long wing type guys that can defend multiple positions.

Roll with Godwin/Norweather for 25-30 min a game. Then go small for 10-15 min a game with Moore at the 5. Offensively it would be really nice..

Would love to get Larry, but not feeling great about him. If we grabbed Ezra, are we bumping Moore to the 3? Or is he coming on as a bench guy? Would love to start getting some news about actual confirmed visits from portal targets (sans Pedulla).
Grab Exra and start him at the 5. I'd guess you would have him and Moore on the court together(best lineup)

Did Kruger not understand who he was recruiting when he brought in TY?
Do you remember the chemistry issues that season and the end results?

TY was an elite talent in our backyard. I think you have to take him and hope for the best. Agree their were chemistry issues, I'm just not sure OU could ignore that kind of talent given all of the facts (where our program was, the talent TY was, the fact that he was in our backyard).

Tad had previously followed Pope and then unfollowed him. This morning he re-followed.

View attachment 1307
And now Custer finally followed

1712845903623.png

Go Slow GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I think OU's PG situation is much more needed than a Center. While OU definitely needs to upgrade over Godwin, I think he'll be better suited for the SEC. Not nearly the banger league as the Big12.

I agree with this. If you can't find a better 5.. You are what you are.. just commit to it and find 1-2 extra long wing type guys that can defend multiple positions.

Roll with Godwin/Norweather for 25-30 min a game. Then go small for 10-15 min a game with Moore at the 5. Offensively it would be really nice..
I hate to keep using Houston as an example, but we should be looking to do what they do with their big men. Roberts. Chaney. Fabian White Jr. Gorham. None of those guys were highly recruited. None were super skilled. But all did really well for them and would likely be upgrades over what we have had at the 5 in recent seasons. Three star type kids that get in the program, develop, and stay for 4+ years. That is what we should be looking for. We don't need a 6'10 center. We don't have to have a super skilled guy. Follow the Houston model.

I remember watching Indiana State in the NIT (I am a sicko for watching) and Fran Fraschilla talked about how Julian Larry was Marvin Mims QB at Frisco Lone Star

I hate to keep using Houston as an example, but we should be looking to do what they do with their big men. Roberts. Chaney. Fabian White Jr. Gorham. None of those guys were highly recruited. None were super skilled. But all did really well for them and would likely be upgrades over what we have had at the 5 in recent seasons. Three star type kids that get in the program, develop, and stay for 4+ years. That is what we should be looking for. We don't need a 6'10 center. We don't have to have a super skilled guy. Follow the Houston model.
Their guys definitely aren't skilled offensively, but they play like their hair is on fire. And needless to say, they are in shape! Must be their NIL money that gets them to do the necessary conditioning to play that way.

NIL/lack of talent is a major reason we didn't make the tournament. Godwin was our starting center because Moser didn't have the funds to buy a better player. Godwin was the least talented starting center in the Big 12.
Nonsense. Yes, we lack talent but we have enough talent that we should’ve made the tourney. NIL isn’t the reason we missed for the 3rd year in a row. It’s not the reason we lost to tech, UCF, or Houston at home, or TCU in the Big12 tourney. Any one of those wins leaves no doubt we’re in. We lost those games because porter moser is a mid major coach that doesn’t know how to win at this level.

We need more talent but that doesn’t excuse the coaching failures that have happened under moser. We can’t blame everything on NIL. That’s just lazy and incorrect.

I think OU's PG situation is much more needed than a Center. While OU definitely needs to upgrade over Godwin, I think he'll be better suited for the SEC. Not nearly the banger league as the Big12.
You get Pedulla add dayton. Find the best scoring combo guard you can find.

I think Itll be hard to keep dayton off the floor.

Selfishly I was hoping he'd return and UH could make another run next year. He's a big loss for them, even if they return nearly everybody else.
Yep, we'll see how well that team runs without him for a full season. Without him for a half against Duke they were bad enough their head coach said it was "unfair".

Nonsense. Yes, we lack talent but we have enough talent that we should’ve made the tourney. NIL isn’t the reason we missed for the 3rd year in a row. It’s not the reason we lost to tech, UCF, or Houston at home, or TCU in the Big12 tourney. Any one of those wins leaves no doubt we’re in. We lost those games because porter moser is a mid major coach that doesn’t know how to win at this level.

We need more talent but they doesn’t excise the coaching failures that have happened under moser. We can’t blame everything on NIL. That’s just lazy and incorrect.
We get it. Coaches fault. Looking forward.

Coach missed that blockout vs houston to win the game.

Coaches will always take the blame. Its do or die now. Get in or get fired. Everyone is aware.

Yep, we'll see how well that team runs without him for a full season. Without him for a half against Duke they were bad enough their head coach said it was "unfair".
Well, they couldn’t recruit a PG to play the second half. Kelvin has known for several weeks that Shead was leaving, so he is prepared for this. Just like they were prepared for the new conference.

We get it. Coaches fault. Looking forward.

Coach missed that blockout vs houston to win the game.

Coaches will always take the blame. Its do or die now. Get in or get fired. Everyone is aware.
Oddly, the NCAA did change the rule for that game. If we had gotten the rebound, rather than playing OT, they would have awarded us the win.

We need more talent but that doesn’t excuse the coaching failures that have happened under moser. We can’t blame everything on NIL. That’s just lazy and incorrect.
meh. Its a little of everything. It isn't one thing.

Back