MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Well, they couldn’t recruit a PG to play the second half. Kelvin has known for several weeks that Shead was leaving, so he is prepared for this. Just like they were prepared for the new conference.
Houston is a Top 5 program.
OU is a Top 50 program.

That is the biggest difference.

Not sure why we keep comparing ourselves to Houston instead of Nebraska, Cincinnati, Seton Hall, Colorado St, and Utah.

(Yes, that was more hyperbolic of a statement, but at the same time...all within our realm of competitiveness the last 5-10 years.)

Oddly, the NCAA did change the rule for that game. If we had gotten the rebound, rather than playing OT, they would have awarded us the win.
Oh the one a couple possessions before... not the last one. Try to refrain from assuming... you know that story.

And now Custer finally followed

View attachment 1308

Go Slow GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
It is like they are going out of their way to not listen to u or prove some random point...that is crazy. ;)

What is your Dayton prediction? Just curious.
Probably won't play next season, if so, mop-up duty. Likely will never be an impact player at OU. Won't be surprised if he transfers to a nonpower conference after a year or two. And if he does play meaningful minutes next year, it will be a very bad sign of our overall talent level.

We get it. Coaches fault. Looking forward.

Coach missed that blockout vs houston to win the game.

Coaches will always take the blame. Its do or die now. Get in or get fired. Everyone is aware.
So you think a guy at a P5 school missing a CRUCIAL block-out doesn't reflect on the competency of his coach? This isn't 5th grade.

meh. Its a little of everything. It isn't one thing.
But NIL/arena is the toughest to control. So that is why I worry about the other stuff. Again, when we have a coach that is getting 95% out of the roster he has, and we're failing, I'll jump on the "NIL is to blame train". Until then, I just want a coach that can max out the talent we're able to get. Personally, I think those results would be pretty nice.

Oh the one a couple possessions before... not the last one. Try to refrain from assuming... you know that story.
Huh? We never led or were tied in the last few minutes until we made the tying layup with 12 seconds left. When were we ever in position to win the game with a rebound?

Houston is a Top 5 program.
OU is a Top 50 program.

That is the biggest difference.

Not sure why we keep comparing ourselves to Houston instead of Nebraska, Cincinnati, Seton Hall, Colorado St, and Utah.

(Yes, that was more hyperbolic of a statement, but at the same time...all within our realm of competitiveness the last 5-10 years.)
I just replied to a post suggesting that may struggle without Shead. But I think some comparisons are fair to make -- as WT pointed out, for all the talk about how we can't "buy" big men, Houston is winning with bigs who are far from stars.

I actually agree with you here. The Forsythe hype is total out of control. I'd love to be wrong, but he gives me some Bijan vibes.
I can already see where it is headed. If he doesn't contribute next season or plays and gets exposed, the people talking him up now will backpedal and say "oh, I never said he would be a star, the kid is just a freshman." Only one true freshmen has ever been part of the rotation under Moser for a full season. This kid is lower rater than pretty much all the previous guys other than Luke. Yet people are acting as if he will be the one to come in and make an impact.

Per Trilly's discord (other teams sections) was interesting...here are some minor breakouts from that:

NIL Trilly list, with their updates in () also the numbers are heresy, just wanted to share:

Kansas
Texas

Texas Tech
WVU (2.5+ mil)
BYU
Houston

TCU (shitty)
Cincy
Baylor (4+ mil)
K-State (2-3.5 mil)
Iowa State
Oklahoma (shitty)

UCF
OK State(shitty) "

"-Oklahoma's situation sounds real bad
-They have such bad fan support"

"They were ranked playing rivals at home and it was probably an 80% attendance"

"and then moser had a foot out the door all offseason lmao
and now they’re going to a worse basketball conference"

"I’m surprised moser didn’t leave. Probably would’ve been good for both parties"

"despite their nil troubles i didn’t feel like this years roster was terrible by any means"

"They should’ve made the tournament with the team they had"

-Tech fans feel good about Overton as Grant has a good hit rate when getting those guys to commit on campus.

Just some views from the outside looking in from another conference team fanbase

I actually agree with you here. The Forsythe hype is total out of control. I'd love to be wrong, but he gives me some Bijan vibes.
I think he's a way better player than Bijan could ever be, I think you'd hope he could turn into a pedulla type as he matures, but to get heavy playing time as a freshman is a big reach IMO.

I can already see where it is headed. If he doesn't contribute next season or plays and gets exposed, the people talking him up now will backpedal and say "oh, I never said he would be a star, the kid is just a freshman." Only one true freshmen has ever been part of the rotation under Moser for a full season. This kid is lower rater than pretty much all the previous guys other than Luke. Yet people are acting as if he will be the one to come in and make an impact.
The ol talk in circles... he asked what you thought? play none, 5 mins, 25 mins... put it on record

I think he's a way better player than Bijan could ever be, I think you'd hope he could turn into a pedulla type as he matures, but to get heavy playing time as a freshman is a big reach IMO.

Ill say 15 mins a game avg by the end of year. solid defender. 6ppg

What is out of control? anyone even say starter? leading scorer?
We can be excited about a recruit that has scored 50 vs a team with 4 d1 players in HS.

No one is saying POY or 1st round pick....

The ol talk in circles... he asked what you thought? play none, 5 mins, 25 mins... put it on record
Haha funny coming from you. Your bold prediction is that "he will be hard to keep off the court." So what does that mean?

My prediction is that one of two things will happen. If we sign any competent guards, the next coming of Steph will play fewer minutes next season than Cooper did this season. Or, Moser will utterly fail in the portal and he will play by necessity. I will be happy to be more specific once our roster is finalized.

Back