MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

What is out of control? anyone even say starter? leading scorer?
We can be excited about a recruit that has scored 50 vs a team with 4 d1 players in HS.

No one is saying POY or 1st round pick....
And yet when we wonder why a top 50-75 recruit sat the bench, we are told to trust the coach because what happened in high school doesn't mean anything.

OU fans after last year's Portal - "Porter is doing things in HS recruiting that we haven't done in decades, and this Portal class is great. JM has an NBA game, as does Uzan. Hugely was great when healthy in Pittsburgh. Blah, blah, blah....."

OU fans after another disappointing season - "Do you really think Porter wanted those players? Yuck. Can't win with guys like that. Nobody could. FIRE JOE C!!!!!"

So annoying.

Edit: When your NIL game isn't great, you can't need to replace nearly 50% of your roster every year. JM was a top 10 Portal guy. Moore and Soares played better than any of us could have expected. Moser just isn't good at building a team and getting them to play good, consistent basketball. That likely isn't a recruiting issue, unless the point you are making is that Moser needs elite talent to build a good team.
Can you at least admit that losing McCollum, Soares, and Hugley didn't help down the stretch? I don't know too many teams that would have looked much better without 2 of their best players.

Ill say 15 mins a game avg by the end of year. solid defender. 6ppg
I hope and agree I think he will be a good defender while also has a high basketball IQ, just feel like most of his game was scoring at the rim and will take a year or two to adjust to size.

The ignore function has tremendously improved my viewing experience on this forum the last week. Not being able to see the posts, even when quoted by other posters, has been a pleasant surprise as well.

I recommend it for the vast majority of you to ignore the usual 2-3 suspects.

Can you at least admit that losing McCollum, Soares, and Hugley didn't help down the stretch? I don't know too many teams that would have looked much better without 2 of their best players.
JM missed two games and we won one of them. I don't think it's fair to act like his absence hurt us much, especially considering how poorly he played the final several weeks. And Waldo also only missed two games. He played great despite his injury the rest of the time.

OU fans after last year's Portal - "Porter is doing things in HS recruiting that we haven't done in decades, and this Portal class is great. JM has an NBA game, as does Uzan. Hugely was great when healthy in Pittsburgh. Blah, blah, blah....."

OU fans after another disappointing season - "Do you really think Porter wanted those players? Yuck. Can't win with guys like that. Nobody could. FIRE JOE C!!!!!"

So annoying.

Edit: When your NIL game isn't great, you can't need to replace nearly 50% of your roster every year. JM was a top 10 Portal guy. Moore and Soares played better than any of us could have expected. Moser just isn't good at building a team and getting them to play good, consistent basketball. That likely isn't a recruiting issue, unless the point you are making is that Moser needs elite talent to build a good team.
Wt hits the nail on the head here. The failure this year falls squarely on pm's head (regardless of the revisionist history being offered). Hes a a below average coach plain and simple

The ignore function has tremendously improved my viewing experience on this forum the last week. Not being able to see the posts, even when quoted by other posters, has been a pleasant surprise as well.

I recommend it for the vast majority of you to ignore the usual 2-3 suspects.
I recommend that you enjoy living in your fantasy world where all is right in the land of OU basketball, where every Dayton Forsythe shot next year will lead us one step closer to the promised land.

I think he's a way better player than Bijan could ever be, I think you'd hope he could turn into a pedulla type as he matures, but to get heavy playing time as a freshman is a big reach IMO.
Exactly! Bijan is not even close. Dayton is the better shooter.

JM missed two games and we won one of them. I don't think it's fair to act like his absence hurt us much, especially considering how poorly he played the final several weeks. And Waldo also only missed two games. He played great despite his injury the rest of the time.
And he played a couple more games with a hurt shoulder. I will still stand by him being a good player that I would have liked to keep.

Really would like to get Overton to play at OU being a OK kid.
The big reason I've wanted Overton, aside from the fact that he's been successful at the D1 level already, is that he's only going to be a Sophomore this upcoming season. We need to bring guys in that have a chance to be here for multiple years. Bringing in a senior is almost the same as bringing in a guy that jumps back into the portal the next season as far as continuity goes. A guy like Overton offers the possibility of stability which is something our roster sorely needs (on top of a general talent upgrade)

The big reason I've wanted Overton, aside from the fact that he's been successful at the D1 level already, is that he's only going to be a Sophomore this upcoming season. We need to bring guys in that have a chance to be here for multiple years. Bringing in a senior is almost the same as bringing in a guy that jumps back into the portal the next season as far as continuity goes. A guy like Overton offers the possibility of stability which is something our roster sorely needs (on top of a general talent upgrade)
I fully agree with this too.

Lots of Bijan hate.. Pretty sure he would be out starting PG right now :)

Best pure passing PG I've seen in a long time. He would have helped us this season and a guy that plays & stays 4 years.

I can already see where it is headed. If he doesn't contribute next season or plays and gets exposed, the people talking him up now will backpedal and say "oh, I never said he would be a star, the kid is just a freshman." Only one true freshmen has ever been part of the rotation under Moser for a full season. This kid is lower rater than pretty much all the previous guys other than Luke. Yet people are acting as if he will be the one to come in and make an impact.
What difference does it make to you that some fans lean toward being (in your eyes) overly optimistic? A remarkably high percentage of your posts comprise the airing of grievances regarding fans whose expectations and hopes were too high. It's such an odd thing to obsess over. And now you're airing those grievances proactively, many months in advance. A simple "I told you guys he was overrated" when the time comes should suffice, one would think, but apparently not.

Back