MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

And yet when we wonder why a top 50-75 recruit sat the bench, we are told to trust the coach because what happened in high school doesn't mean anything.
It seemed to me that whenever Cooper got in (which was indeed rarely) no one really wanted to throw the ball in his direction and if he wanted it he had better get a steal or a rebound. It was like the other clean-up time players either didn't like him or didn't trust him for some reason.

So you think a guy at a P5 school missing a CRUCIAL block-out doesn't reflect on the competency of his coach? This isn't 5th grade.
My recollection was that there was a block out but it was a fairly long rebound that went over Darthard head as he was going away the basket and he fumbled and Shead was able to snatch it away. Everyone (not just 5th graders make mistakes in the heat of the game but to you it is a good reason to insult the player or the coach or both.

My recollection was that there was a block out but it was a fairly long rebound that went over Darthard head as he was going away the basket and he fumbled and Shead was able to snatch it away. Everyone (not just 5th graders make mistakes in the heat of the game but to you it is a good reason to insult the player or the coach or both.
Boo-hoo, go cry more.

I have like 5-6 pages to read. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I didn't help. :LOL: Sorry. Just get frustrated with the Fire Moser crowd not admitting how deep the problem is besides coaching and the issues in getting better talent.

I'm done debating and will self-impose restrictions to avoid further issues with the NCAA. LOL.

Back to the portal...

Oh, good grief. Our fans didn't start that talk; it was in response to media reports that Los was being rated highly by NBA scouts. That was a normal fan reaction.
Sky, you don't have to reflexively defend every inaccurate fan take because "that's what fans do." Feel free to keep doing so, but I prefer fans who can objectively view players and not overrate all our guys. But I do enjoy the annual threads about our depth and how it will be so tough to narrow our rotation to 9 guys because we have so many dudes who can really contribute.

Sky, you don't have to reflexively defend every inaccurate fan take because "that's what fans do." Feel free to keep doing so, but I prefer fans who can objectively view players and not overrate all our guys. But I do enjoy the annual threads about our depth and how it will be so tough to narrow our rotation to 9 guys because we have so many dudes who can really contribute.
It's out of control.

Multiple posters acting like Schroder was the goods. Guy shot 8% from three at George Washington this season, playing an average of 11 minutes a game for a team that went 4-14 in the A10 Conference.

Just crazy.

And you don't have to take personally (which you certainly seem to do) every post that doesn't match your worldview. You don't just disagree, which of course you're entitled to do; you whine and complain for months because a small handful of fans express an opinion (or in this case merely respond to a media report) you consider unfounded. Honestly, the Los-to-the-pros conversation was a minuscule blip on this board, and here you are, still going on about it as if someone had defamed you personally. It's truly a head-scratcher.

It is pretty crazy how far people will go to defend Moser. Wow, we won two whole games against ranked opponents. UCF did too. Oh, and we got run out of the gym by UCF. They act like OU basketball has never had success and that we should just be okay with missing the tournament and a complete rebuild in year three. We don’t have to be a holes about it but no OU basketball fan should be even remotely content right now. We don’t need to personally attack the guy but I just don’t know how anyone can really defend his tenure at OU.

NorthCarolinaSooner says it could be worse. The reality is the only way it could be worse is if there was a major scandal. It can’t get much worse from here. We have a coach who has made history by missing the tournament three years in a row and as of now, not a single core piece of last year’s team is certain to return.
LOL at thinking it can't get worse than top 50

I could be wrong.....I don't want to go back and read a 100 page thread but I think the "hype" around Uzan and NBA was coming from scouts/media types.....not our fans. I read people talking about him being our best player returning and a building block, which we're reasonable expectations....but he underperformed big time.

I think you're unreasonably pessimistic about Forsythe with the name calling, etc because you are making way more of a deal calling him Stephon, etc which I don't recall anyone implying...I've just read people say that he will surprise some people and be better than they expect.

You have a right to your opinion. I won't argue that.

I think the "Moser's a terrible coach" crowd using a last second shot loss to the #1 team in the country at the time is pretty comical. You want to crucify him for not making the tournament but give him zero credit for winning 20 games,beating ranked teams like ISU and BYU, and nearly upsetting UH. I think everyone wants their cake and wants to eat it too on their own side of the discussion without agreeing its not as bad or as good as it may seem.

We can get better for sure...but it could definitely be worse.
As a fellow sooner from NC (Hendersonville) I really enjoy your posts. Keep it up

Your whole premise is of course flawed. That the coaching has nothing to do with performance. Why not just have no coach and fund our NIL with moser's salary every year..
LOL where did he say coaching has nothing to do with performance? Stop making crap up

Wrong.

It's easier to pick 25-30 teams that played better basketball than we did. That isn't the same as being more talented.
I think it is highly likely that you are the one that is wrong but it is not something that can easily be proved one way or another

I think it is highly likely that you are the one that is wrong but it is not something that can easily be proved one way or another
It actually is pretty easy. Use recruiting rankings. I wish Portal kids came with the numeric rating, but they don't, so stars is all we have. Isn't perfect, but it'll get you close.

Back