MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I hereby offer a blanket acknowledgement that some of the opinions I have posted in the past were misguided and it's entirely possible that I forgot in some instances to circle back and publicly admit that they were wrong. I deeply regret this oversight and have now created a spreadsheet in which I will enter every opinion I ever post on this board, accompanied by the date and time, so that I will have a resource that allows me to disavow all future unfounded posts once they have been proven wrongheaded.

Further, I encourage all other participants on this board (you lurkers are off the hook) to follow my lead. It's the least we can do to bring WS some peace and closure.
And I hereby declare you the most virtuous person on the board.

I posted this article the other day but a quote that stuck out to me thar applies to unmoving forward:

"But most coaches told us the floor for transfers who project as high-major starters is around $150,000 -- and then what amounts to a bidding war can and will take things much higher. For what it's worth, many coaches told us SEC schools -- and a few other big brands from other conferences, but mostly SEC schools -- are the ones that tend to drive up prices. (It just means more and all that.)"

read that and tell me that NIL isnt that important, etc.

Hardly any player in college basketball is worth 500k
The market sets the price. Just like the housing market, or practically anything.

Coach Cal isn’t worth $8.5MM. Jalen Hurts isn’t worth $51MM. And a bottle of Dasani water at an OU game isn’t worth $4.50. But that’s what the market will pay.

As much as it sucks, we can’t keep thinking of college athletics and recruiting through the pre 2020 lens. It’s history.

It’s changed and paying starters transferring from a P5 squad is going to take $250K and up. Whether they’re worth it or not.

The market sets the price. Just like the housing market, or practically anything.

Coach Cal isn’t worth $8.5MM. Jalen Hurts isn’t worth $51MM. And a bottle of Dasani water at an OU game isn’t worth $4.50. But that’s what the market will pay.

As much as it sucks, we can’t keep thinking of college athletics and recruiting through the pre 2020 lens. It’s history.

It’s changed and paying starters transferring from a P5 squad is going to take $250K and up. Whether they’re worth it or not.
I “liked” it because I agree … but I hate this crap. I’m almost done with college athletics

Hardly any player in college basketball is worth 500k
Honestly, they are worth it. The amount of money athletics brings in for universities is ridiculous. The athletes deserve their fair share.

Everyone complains that ADs and universities are “losing money” but that’s because they’re poorly run and full of corruption and waste. College sports is a multi billion dollar business built on the backs of the players. They deserve to get paid. If the schools would eliminate the waste and corruption, perhaps their margins would be more acceptable. The talent deserves to get paid.

Honestly, they are worth it. The amount of money athletics brings in for universities is ridiculous. The athletes deserve their fair share.

Everyone complains that ADs and universities are “losing money” but that’s because they’re poorly run and full of corruption and waste. College sports is a multi billion dollar business built on the backs of the players. They deserve to get paid. If the schools would eliminate the waste and corruption, perhaps their margins would be more acceptable. The talent deserves to get paid.
Revenue isn’t everything. Expenses are a huge part of it.

They may bring in a lot but they cost a lot too

Non revenue sports will be going the way of the dodo sooner than later.

Bob P is saying Pedulla the only visitor scheduled so far for the weekend but that could change.

Back