MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

We will still fund the softball team to help recruitment of guys like Billy Bowman.

I have little doubt ou would get enough donor funds to keep ou softball going, but what about all the other teams across the country? What if there are not enough teams to play against in softball?

When “college” football becomes a pro league, why would they keep sharing their revenues with non-revenue college sports?
Because they are still all under the University of Oklahoma flag? Because it's probably the right thing to do? Because a lot of revenue isn't earned directly by one program. Donations aren't always flagged for just one sport. Fundraising isn't always designed to filter money to just one sport. TV revenue (which may change if football breaks away from other sports) isn't currently broken down by sport (I don't believe).

The list goes on and on and on. If you think college baseball or college golf or college women's basketball is going away because of what football may or may not do, I just don't see that happening. Nor should it.

I guess I read this wrong. I can still see the ignored posters when quoted. Their posts are blocked, but I still see that they posted and the responses to them. I was hoping to not even notice their existence.
Imagine being a grown man and being this soft.

Charmin soft.

Someone on discord made this visit list (this weekend).

image.png

Sounds like Texas Tech G Pop Isaacs is going to visit Texas soon as well.

G Kevin Overton, Drake​

INTEL: On3’s Joe Tipton announced on Thursday that Kevin Overton narrowed his final list to six. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Colorado State, and Houston are the programs that made the final cut. Overton’s former coach at Drake, Darian DeVries, was recently named the head coach at West Virginia. Former teammate, and son of DeVries, Tucker DeVries has already committed to the Mountaineers. Overton snuck an official visit in with Oklahoma before the April 4 dead period began. He now has a second visit set with Texas Tech this weekend. Overton does not have any other visits set. Continue to monitor.

G Kevin Overton, Drake​

INTEL: On3’s Joe Tipton announced on Thursday that Kevin Overton narrowed his final list to six. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Colorado State, and Houston are the programs that made the final cut. Overton’s former coach at Drake, Darian DeVries, was recently named the head coach at West Virginia. Former teammate, and son of DeVries, Tucker DeVries has already committed to the Mountaineers. Overton snuck an official visit in with Oklahoma before the April 4 dead period began. He now has a second visit set with Texas Tech this weekend. Overton does not have any other visits set. Continue to monitor.
Second visit to Tech screams not coming here, to me.

Because they are still all under the University of Oklahoma flag? Because it's probably the right thing to do? Because a lot of revenue isn't earned directly by one program. Donations aren't always flagged for just one sport. Fundraising isn't always designed to filter money to just one sport. TV revenue (which may change if football breaks away from other sports) isn't currently broken down by sport (I don't believe).

The list goes on and on and on. If you think college baseball or college golf or college women's basketball is going away because of what football may or may not do, I just don't see that happening. Nor should it.
The money has to be there

Poster on Scoop.

1712936803827.png

If true...

1. OSU is still "poor".
2. I don't see OU matching the $800K (@CoachTalk said $600K for OU)
3. and I wouldn't want them to. Is OU desperate for a center? Yes but they also have a limited budget. Garrison isn't good enough, IMO, to fetch what's near the top of the (perceived) NIL salaries. $500-600K is fair.
4. What a tough decision, again, if true. From sparse inside info, and things I can "pluck", it definitely feels like Garrison wants to stay at OSU but $500K is $500K. I'd head to OU or Texas. Truthfully, probably Texas (pretending to not be a biased OU fan).

Poster on Scoop.

View attachment 1316

If true...

1. OSU is still "poor".
3. and I wouldn't want them to. Is OU desperate for a center? Yes but they also have a limited budget. Garrison isn't good enough, IMO, to fetch what's near the top of the (perceived) NIL salaries. $500-600K is fair.
4. What a tough decision, again, if true. From sparse inside info, and things I can "pluck", it definitely feels like Garrison wants to stay at OSU but $500K is $500K. I'd head to OU or Texas. Truthfully, probably Texas (pretending to not be a biased OU fan).
Yeah, if he's getting $300K from OSU, $600K from OU, or $800K from UT, I think it comes down to does he take a hometown discount to play close to family at OU or does he chase the bag. Doubt OSU can get him if that's how the numbers are sitting (which is all secondhand info at best)

Yeah, if he's getting $300K from OSU, $600K from OU, or $800K from UT, I think it comes down to does he take a hometown discount to play close to family at OU or does he chase the bag. Doubt OSU can get him if that's how the numbers are sitting (which is all secondhand info at best)
No 20 year-old college kid is turning down $200,000. Come on.

Poster on Scoop.

View attachment 1316

If true...

1. OSU is still "poor".

Think osu is a tad higher than 300k. I’ll be shocked if he leaves.

He should definitely weigh his options and say he, I can get more at OU than OSU and still be “home.”

The myth that most of these kids are just taking the absolute highest amount and that's that is just that, a myth.

Not all kids are wired the same way. Some want to play close to home. Some would rather play at Bama/UGA (football), then take another $200k to play for Tennessee, or whomever.

Poster on Scoop.

View attachment 1316

If true...

1. OSU is still "poor".
As a Sooners fan and father of a kid who will probably not sniff any collegeball...I would gladly root for my son at UT for 800k. Huge opportunity for him and I don't have quite near the disdain for Texas in basketball that I do in football.

The myth that most of these kids are just taking the absolute highest amount and that's that is just that, a myth.

Not all kids are wired the same way. Some want to play close to home. Some would rather play at Bama/UGA (football), then take another $200k to play for Tennessee, or whomever.
Look man, if the difference is in the 40-50K range, I could see them turning that down. But 200K? It would be dumb to turn down that much money.

Look man, if the difference is in the 40-50K range, I could see them turning that down. But 200K? It would be dumb to turn down that much money.
I guarantee it's happening though.

Especially if we're comparing state taxes. Hopefully somebody is pointing that stuff out to these kids, but $200k in Texas and $200k in Cali aren't the same.

Is the kid from Dale quick enough to play at the next level? I can't remember his name but he is Sooner bound.
Saw him against Pocola, looked okay just not sure if he has the wheels for D1. Pocola has a kid about 6'8" or so
I think he may end up playing football at OU...that is what a pocola fan told me anyway

Back