MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I would be surprised if Pedulla does not come here since Pedulla is from Edmond

Garrison is an idiot if that is true, Boynton was not doing a good job so he got fired, what did Garrison expect?
John Michael-Wright a former player for OSU last season said in an interview that the players fully expected Boyton to be retained. Boyton was fired swiftly and the players pretty much found out when everyone else did.

Some rich OSU donor funded Boytons buyout and offered to donate more to OSU’s NIL if their AD fired Boyton. The new coach will get more NIL money to work with than Boyton. OSU basketball supports weren’t gonna up the NIL if Boyton was retained. My guess is that OSU was going to keep Boyton, and then some donor stepped up.

Because that's WT's side job - to keep Coach in check and call him out any chance he gets.
He makes it easy.

I've never posted on a message board with more posters that want to "have the scoop" more than this one. It's ridiculous.

If Coach was being authentic, he'd have said something like "hey, I'm hearing that things may have changed on the Garrison front." That isn't what he did though, and it's why I have little respect for him.

John Michael-Wright a former player for OSU last season said in an interview that the players fully expected Boyton to be retained. Boyton was fired swiftly and the players pretty much found out when everyone else did.

Some rich OSU donor funded Boytons buyout and offered to donate more to OSU’s NIL if their AD fired Boyton. The new coach will get more NIL money to work with than Boyton. OSU basketball supports weren’t gonna up the NIL if Boyton was retained. My guess is that OSU was going to keep Boyton, and then some donor stepped up.
If true, that would show a little about what the new staff thinks of Garrison. If they thought he was the goods, it's a no brainer to offer enough to keep him in stillwater.

And before anybody bashes my opinion on Garrison as a player, it's changed a bit in the last 24 hours. I still don't think he's a program changer, still don't think he moves the needle a lot, but he probably moves it a bit more than I thought he would a few weeks ago. I've never been against bringing him to Norman, I've just questioned his true upside, and if it's worth making him an NIL priority when we need so much help at guard. I still have that concern.

I would be surprised if Pedulla does not come here since Pedulla is from Edmond
I like Pedulla and find it weird that people don’t see him as a great addition. Kid is experienced and played in a great league (ACC) and he can create his own shot. He’s not the greatest at defense, but if you add rim protectors that can be manageable.

I never heard that, thank you for that

I like Pedulla and find it weird that people don’t see him as a great addition. Kid is experienced and played in a great league (ACC) and he can create his own shot. He’s not the greatest at defense, but if you add rim protectors that can be manageable.
He can not be any worse than Oweh

If true, that would show a little about what the new staff thinks of Garrison. If they thought he was the goods, it's a no brainer to offer enough to keep him in stillwater.

And before anybody bashes my opinion on Garrison as a player, it's changed a bit in the last 24 hours. I still don't think he's a program changer, still don't think he moves the needle a lot, but he probably moves it a bit more than I thought he would a few weeks ago. I've never been against bringing him to Norman, I've just questioned his true upside, and if it's worth making him an NIL priority when we need so much help at guard. I still have that concern.
I totally agree with you, Garrison isn’t going to come in and average 18pts 12rbs. His athleticism, size, and length would instantly make OU better at defense though. He’s very raw on offense. I just hope Porter keeps trying to play faster because Garrison is really good when he can run the floor. His half court game needs development but he can run the floor with the best of them.

I totally agree with you, Garrison isn’t going to come in and average 18pts 12rbs. His athleticism, size, and length would instantly make OU better at defense though. He’s very raw on offense. I just hope Porter keeps trying to play faster because Garrison is really good when he can run the floor. His half court game needs development but he can run the floor with the best of them.

Should match up well on defense with Moore and Garrison inside along with Godwin off the bench.

Biggest issue is gonna be the scoring from the guards which we really don't know what it'll look like yet.

He makes it easy.

I've never posted on a message board with more posters that want to "have the scoop" more than this one. It's ridiculous.

If Coach was being authentic, he'd have said something like "hey, I'm hearing that things may have changed on the Garrison front." That isn't what he did though, and it's why I have little respect for him.
So I didn’t say it romantic enough for you?

Jeez.

I'm not convinced our team defense is better just with his addition. It'll depend on the guards we bring in. But going from good defensive guards and mediocre post defense, to mediocre guard defense with improved post defense, that doesn't mean overall team defense will be better. Pedulla is a step down defensively. Overton is probably a small step down (if he ends up here). No ideal about the other 1-2 guards we will likely bring in. We'll just have to see. My guess is that team defense will be about the same as last year. KP had us at 36. I guess we could improve on that a little bit (25-30 range).

I’m not talking message board posters. I’m talking about guys who are paid “journalists” who basically do nothing other than post Twitter rumors.

That's fair enough....and I was calling anyone out on my post. Just talking about people saying stuff on message boards when they don't REALLY know.

I'm not convinced our team defense is better just with his addition. It'll depend on the guards we bring in. But going from good defensive guards and mediocre post defense, to mediocre guard defense with improved post defense, that doesn't mean overall team defense will be better. Pedulla is a step down defensively. Overton is probably a small step down (if he ends up here). No ideal about the other 1-2 guards we will likely bring in. We'll just have to see. My guess is that team defense will be about the same as last year. KP had us at 36. I guess we could improve on that a little bit (25-30 range).
I’m not so sure Pedulla would be a step down. Depends on who you’re comparing him to. Is he a step down from McCollum? I’d argue he’s a step up. Overton would likely be a small step down from Uzan. Cooper is more than capable of filling the defensive void left by Oweh (who wasn’t that effective in year 2). Still need to find more wings capable of guarding the ball, I agree with you there. But I see the defense as having the potential for a lot higher upside if we at least land the trio of Garrison, Pedulla, and Overton

You tell us! After all, you coached college ball so we should all be bowing down to your knowledge, correct?
The funny part about this is the fact I tried to share at least a little bit of insight on recruiting from the coaching side....even admitted that mine wasn't D1 but recruiting is similar. I also worked for a recruiting service for a couple of years. It isn't my issue if you think someone else's actual experience is irrelevant to the discussions on here because you already know everything basesd on your expert opinion as a casual fan.

You goes people on here with your attitude that you already know everything.

if I offended you in any way feel free to block me.

Back