MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Legit question:

What do you define as a difference maker? And how many of those guys are in the portal?

There are probably a handful.....but that number is likely very small in every way except in the NIL department. We'd have to throw huge bucks at the top 4-5 guys.
Mayo was one. As for defining it, I’d say someone who I confidently feel is better than the players they are replacing. I’m not sure Pedulla is better than JM. I think he might be, but his numbers are pretty similar. My worry with Garrison is whether his skills will mesh with the Moser offense. He is a guy who will be best in transition, catching lobs, etc. He is better defensively than Hugley, but I don’t know how his offense will play.

My worry with Garrison is whether his skills will mesh with the Moser offense. He is a guy who will be best in transition, catching lobs, etc. He is better defensively than Hugley, but I don’t know how his offense will play.
I’m with you about Garrison. Pedulla, Overton and Garrison would be great gets indeed. But will Moser utilize them correctly? Thats a very legitimate questions to have.

Your opinion of Garrison is fair enough. I would counter that he is a step up from Godwin and Hughley athletically.....and size-wisw, which we need. I think him + Godwin is >>>>>>>>> than Godwin + Hughley
He can be a good all conference type guy by year 4. In perspective, he had less of a year than Kalib Boone as a freshman.

I just don’t understand what you are saying. You claim you see the team he is building look like his other teams and then claim he changes what he is looking for each year
Two separate comments.

It looks like his others in terms of overall talent level and being pieced together. Some of that is by default having to replace darn near the entire roster.

And while the overall talent is "similar", IMO, it seems like constant change in what he is looking for. Slowly going from a 5 with range to the 3 point line to a traditional big. Felt like he wanted more offensive-minded and skilled guards early. Then a shift to better athletes with less skill. Now looking for guys with more scoring production and less overall athleticism. He seemed to want athletes that could get downhill, then recruits a kid like Forsythe. The farther we trend away from his offense at Loyola, the less confidence I have that Moser is going to be able to put a good offensive unit on the floor. That was HIS style of offense. Similar to Majerus. I think it needed modified, but I think he moved away from what he knew too quickly. That's a sign of desperation (ie, being in over his head).

Again, JMO.

Two separate comments.

It looks like his others in terms of overall talent level and being pieced together. Some of that is by default having to replace darn near the entire roster.

And while the overall talent is "similar", IMO, it seems like constant change in what he is looking for. Slowly going from a 5 with range to the 3 point line to a traditional big. Felt like he wanted more offensive-minded and skilled guards early. Then a shift to better athletes with less skill. Now looking for guys with more scoring production and less overall athleticism. He seemed to want athletes that could get downhill, then recruits a kid like Forsythe. The farther we trend away from his offense at Loyola, the less confidence I have that Moser is going to be able to put a good offensive unit on the floor. That was HIS style of offense. Similar to Majerus. I think it needed modified, but I think he moved away from what he knew too quickly. That's a sign of desperation (ie, being in over his head).

Again, JMO.
spot on!!

Back