MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I'm not sure that Garrison is the best player we have a shot at, but if we miss, we likely don't get another shot at a big like him. There are always an abundance of Pedullas in the portal.

I'm not sure that Garrison is the best player we have a shot at, but if we miss, we likely don't get another shot at a big like him. There are always an abundance of Pedullas in the portal.
Moore wasn't really someone we were excited about last years and he was probably our most consistent player last year. Him or Soares.

There will be some revisionist history if he does well. A change of scenery can do wonders for some players. Had Uzan stayed, he may have never developed beyond this last season. He needs a coach like Sampson. If Kelvin can’t bring it out of him, it probably doesn’t exist.
It won't be revisionist history on my part. My opinion is that Moser is not very good at developing players. I predicted Los would show great improvement before there was any word on where he might land. If he does well at Houston, it will, in my view, be a reflection on both Sampson and Moser--positive and negative, respectively.

Given the choice between retaining Moser or keeping the players we're losing to the portal, I would not have hesitated for a moment in opting for the latter.

I don't hate Los..hope he succeeds...I do , however, think his production THIS YEAR won't be hard to replace.
I know we're talking about Los specifically here but just a question out of curiosity. We all saw what Oweh could do against lesser comp in the noncon. Let's say he played for Drake last year and put up those kind of numbers or better for the year. Do you really think many here wouldn't be hoping to land him as a transfer same as Overton?

I also wonder how many posters here have actually seen a lot of these guys like Overton play vs looking at stats

It won't be revisionist history on my part. My opinion is that Moser is not very good at developing players. I predicted Los would show great improvement before there was any word on where he might land. If he does well at Houston, it will, in my view, be a reflection on both Sampson and Moser--positive and negative, respectively.

The development from year to year has left a lot to be desired. Milos is the most glaring example, though it's only one person in one year. In general, Lon was pretty good at developing this type of player, however he did have some massive blunders like McGusty. There have been others that I wanted to see more progression from, but I can't think of any others that were unmitigated failures.

Guys like Moore and Soares just had career years, so if that's not development then you have to at least give him credit for a doing a great job in the transfer portal and utilizing them effectively in his gameplan.

I bet Cooper is a bigger contributor next year :p

I know we're talking about Los specifically here but just a question out of curiosity. We all saw what Oweh could do against lesser comp in the noncon. Let's say he played for Drake last year and put up those kind of numbers or better for the year. Do you really think many here wouldn't be hoping to land him as a transfer same as Overton?

I also wonder how many posters here have actually seen a lot of these guys like Overton play vs looking at stats

The hope is to bring in several guys like this. If he's our #3 portal guy, it's okay if he only ends up being average. If we dump 1M into Garrison and Pedulla, those are misses that would kill us. I've only seen a little film on Overton, as I typically wait until they sign with us to truly dig in, but he seems to already have better basketball skills than Oweh. There's always a risk with lower competition, but he started every game as a freshman on a team that went 28-7 and was a 10 seed in the tourney. He looks like he should hold his own athletically in the SEC, but it doesn't appear that he was over-athleting guys the way Bam and Oweh did.

The hope is to bring in several guys like this. If he's our #3 portal guy, it's okay if he only ends up being average. If we dump 1M into Garrison and Pedulla, those are misses that would kill us. I've only seen a little film on Overton, as I typically wait until they sign with us to truly dig in, but he seems to already have better basketball skills than Oweh. There's always a risk with lower competition, but he started every game as a freshman on a team that went 28-7 and was a 10 seed in the tourney. He looks like he should hold his own athletically in the SEC, but it doesn't appear that he was over-athleting guys the way Bam and Oweh did.
That makes sense. I honestly haven't seen Overton play any. But if he's more skilled that's great.

Overton's latest follows:

-Darrion Williams (Tortilla MBB)
-Thot
-Jordyn Merritt (Taco Tech WBB)
-Some random TTU dude
-Mat Braeuer Taco Asst Coach
-Maya Bliss...taco thot
-Track n Field Taco chick
-Kyeron Lindsay (Taco MBB)
-Joey Tou (Taco T BBall)

So, you are saying there's a chance...

Really interested to see what kind of jump Cooper makes. His development going forward is going to be huge for next season. Really need him to contribute.

Anyone think Kuol could contribute early? I know he's a sniper but not much else about him.

Really interested to see what kind of jump Cooper makes. His development going forward is going to be huge for next season. Really need him to contribute.

Anyone think Kuol could contribute early? I know he's a sniper but not much else about him.
My opinion would be to expect Atak to be akin to Northweather, at least this early with more weight to add.

There will be some revisionist history if he does well. A change of scenery can do wonders for some players. Had Uzan stayed, he may have never developed beyond this last season. He needs a coach like Sampson. If Kelvin can’t bring it out of him, it probably doesn’t exist.
Agree with this completely. After this season, I don’t think there was any chance Los was ever going to develop into an NBA guard if he stayed another year or two in Norman. Now, I think he at least has a shot. His size is a huge plus as a PG.

I like Miguel better than Overton.
Agreed. By a significant margin. The only thing I don't like about him is that he'll be another 1 year guy. So we'll be looking to replace both Pedulla and Miguel after next season.

Back