MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Mayo was one. As for defining it, I’d say someone who I confidently feel is better than the players they are replacing. I’m not sure Pedulla is better than JM. I think he might be, but his numbers are pretty similar. My worry with Garrison is whether his skills will mesh with the Moser offense. He is a guy who will be best in transition, catching lobs, etc. He is better defensively than Hugley, but I don’t know how his offense will play.
I could be off but Pedulla's numbers are against better comp before JM moved to OU...I think his style MIGHT fit a little better...I just wish he had more than one year.

I'm more excited about Garrison's athleticism over Hughley's. I'm hoping he would allow them to open the pace a little more...we played faster this year but it could be even faster.

Who knows?

I like the IDEA of Pedullah and Garrison better at least.

Been gone awhile and had to re register cause I lost my old email. Outside of Overton, Garrison, and Pedulla have we contacted anyone we are in the running for?

I could be off but Pedulla's numbers are against better comp before JM moved to OU...I think his style MIGHT fit a little better...I just wish he had more than one year.

I'm more excited about Garrison's athleticism over Hughley's. I'm hoping he would allow them to open the pace a little more...we played faster this year but it could be even faster.

Who knows?

I like the IDEA of Pedullah and Garrison better at least.
The problem with Hugley was it was pretty clear right away he had no knees. I like that he could be a stretch 4 and he wasn't terrible inside offensively when healthy but it seemed like every time he shot that runner he was falling down. And he just wasn't able to be with Big 12 players athletically on defense.

Garrison and Moore inside is just way more athletic than we had last years inside.

Still not sure about the guards overall. Gonna have to get at least one or two more in the portal and hope the freshman is as good as advertised.

I got the chance to see Dayton play a handful of times sr year. Didn't get to see him against any big time competition but I was really impressed with his overall game. Not sure he can have much impact as a freshman but I'll be surprised if he's not a starting caliber guard by time he's an upperclassman. And won't be surprised if he proves me wrong next year.. Kid can ball

Kelvin Sampson is the perfect coach to toughen up the soft as charmin Uzan. Great move for Uzan.
I predict we'll be grinding our teeth and rending our garments over Los's departure before he's through.

small vid pulled from IG stories....shows Garrison at the OU softball game

-----

Tech fans are gaining confidence on Overton.

View attachment 1332

Doesn't surprise me a ton. Kid has to feel a little slighted that OU didn't recruit him last year, and if the rumors of most of our NIL going to Pedulla and Garrison are true, maybe not much left for him*.

*Especially since I'd consider him the 3rd/4th guard, and we'd probably still need to go find our 2nd guard.

Been gone awhile and had to re register cause I lost my old email. Outside of Overton, Garrison, and Pedulla have we contacted anyone we are in the running for?
The vibe I get...

Try to lock the OK kids down first....Pedulla and Garrison this weekend, Overton pre-dead period.

Then get to work trying to get others to visit for the Spring Game weekend.

If they miss out on Overton, as things are trending now, I think they'll want Selton Miguel to visit. Maybe Bryce Pope, Chaunce Jenkins, etc. We're going to see more names pop up, visits planned this next week.

If Garrison doesn't commit, and heads to Texas to visit, not entirely sure who OU will focus on, yet, at center.

The problem with Hugley was it was pretty clear right away he had no knees. I like that he could be a stretch 4 and he wasn't terrible inside offensively when healthy but it seemed like every time he shot that runner he was falling down. And he just wasn't able to be with Big 12 players athletically on defense.

Garrison and Moore inside is just way more athletic than we had last years inside.

Still not sure about the guards overall. Gonna have to get at least one or two more in the portal and hope the freshman is as good as advertised.
I'm operating as if we need at least 2 more (after Pedulla). Otherwise, we're going to be putting a lot of faith in true and redshirt freshmen, and I'd rather not do that.

I predict we'll be grinding our teeth and rending our garments over Los's departure before he's through.
Agree. He had a poor year for sure, but I think we’ll see him excel in the future.

Yup. I never understood all the hate Los and Oweh received. The posters happy to see them leave is really puzzling to me. I think we forget sometimes that they were still just sophomores. I would have been thrilled to keep both

There will be some revisionist history if he does well. A change of scenery can do wonders for some players. Had Uzan stayed, he may have never developed beyond this last season. He needs a coach like Sampson. If Kelvin can’t bring it out of him, it probably doesn’t exist.

I'm operating as if we need at least 2 more (after Pedulla). Otherwise, we're going to be putting a lot of faith in true and redshirt freshmen, and I'd rather not do that.
I actually agree with that....I'm hoping Forsythe can be better than expected though.

Yup. I never understood all the hate Los and Oweh received. The posters happy to see them leave is really puzzling to me. I think we forget sometimes that they were still just sophomores. I would have been thrilled to keep both
I don't hate Los..hope he succeeds...I do , however, think his production THIS YEAR won't be hard to replace.

Add Pedulla & Garrison we are in business!! Moore/Garrison will be very difficult to score on. I think Garrison is the most important piece of it all. Add him, you gain athleticism and rim protection which we haven't add in years. Porter usually has guards that get after it on the perimeter.

Back