MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Damn I appreciate the convos here.

I did not expect a B. Hubbard mention on here (today or just in general). Where's the Memorial pg at nowadays? Frierson? Off to google.

OU contacted Carlyle. He's from the Atlanta. The rumor is he wants to go home (UGA, GA Tech?)

-----

Coach Hump followed the VA Tech center as we saw....Lynn Kidd. He's deciding tomorrow. Miami? Florida? Not Oklahoma, obviously.

-----

Trilly said the Ja'Kobi Gillespie kid who chose Maryland today is getting $750K (2 year deal, I guess). OU probably didn't know that or they were just too late to the party (MD was the #1 school as soon as he hit the portal = nudging).

Damn I appreciate the convos here.

I did not expect a B. Hubbard mention on here (today or just in general). Where's the Memorial pg at nowadays? Frierson? Off to google.

In high school I thought Hubbard was a small college player. I saw him a few times this year. He’s really good now. Have you seen him lately?

He should strike quickly them bc hes being vastly overrated. He's only an elijah harkless at best

Harkless had a really good year at UNLV after leaving here. Not sure Oweh can do that unless he really changes a lot of his game.

Harkless had a really good year at UNLV after leaving here. Not sure Oweh can do that unless he really changes a lot of his game.
I remembered harkless having a high volume year. I think he shot like .25 from 3 and unlv prolly didnt even have a winning season but he got PPG tho

In high school I thought Hubbard was a small college player. I saw him a few times this year. He’s really good now. Have you seen him lately?
I haven't, moved out of OK. Had to look him up since you mentioned him. Impressive stats in juco. Not totally surprised. He is/was limited (undersized post for the major D1 level) but always gave great effort/energy.

Those Memorial teams were fun. Friersen, Pratt, Hubbard, can't think of the rail thin white kid's name, etc.

Sometimes I hate our media. Transfer portal season is the prime time for them to write basketball recruiting articles, but instead we get the same story about football spring practice drills from 15 different reporters.
But man we look great at (insert every single position group)!

I can’t take any of the beat guys seriously because they never report any weaknesses or areas where improvement is needed. All preseason, they talk us up like world beaters. But when we inevitably start losing, they will act like we just don’t have the depth (and probably blame Riley lol).

But yes, you couldn’t be more correct. No meaningful hoops coverage and half of them were at football practice the other night when the women’s team was playing to get to the Sweet 16.

Some don't understand what it means to an OK kid to play for OU. Not the same for NBA or blue blood kid, but that's not who he is.
From personal experience, moving away to play ball....for some there is a strong draw to come home.

I haven't, moved out of OK. Had to look him up since you mentioned him. Impressive stats in juco. Not totally surprised. He is/was limited (undersized post for the major D1 level) but always gave great effort/energy.

Those Memorial teams were fun. Friersen, Pratt, Hubbard, can't think of the rail thin white kid's name, etc.
I think Frierson is at Connors too. I thought I saw him with a sweatsuit on. Hubbard is an inside out guy now. Similar to Doolittle in playing style but not as athletic.

Pedulla has followed these coaches since hitting the portal...

Jalen Courtney-Williams (Creighton asst)
Ryan Miller (Creighton asst)
Ken Moses (Cal asst)
Wayne Hunter (was a Washington State asst...I assume he's heading to Stanford)
Adam Howard (Nebraska asst)
Alvin Brooks III (Baylor asst)
Jovan Coleman (Creighton grad asst)

Pedulla has followed these coaches since hitting the portal...

Jalen Courtney-Williams (Creighton asst)
Ryan Miller (Creighton asst)
Ken Moses (Cal asst)
Wayne Hunter (was a Washington State asst...I assume he's heading to Stanford)
Adam Howard (Nebraska asst)
Alvin Brooks III (Baylor asst)
Jovan Coleman (Creighton grad asst)
Interesting, hopefully he sticks with coming home and playing at OU.

Should be good still.

Just trying to find OU's competition. Trending towards being the Blue Jays.

Pedulla has also followed the Miller (Creighton) guy on IG.

Sounds like he thinks Alexander is going pro. Plus Creighton. Is a Catholic school. Interesting stuff…..

I remembered harkless having a high volume year. I think he shot like .25 from 3 and unlv prolly didnt even have a winning season but he got PPG tho
Harkless was a well rounded player. He was tough and defended very well. He did a lot of things that didn’t show up on the stat sheet. He impacted the game in many ways to help his team win. I always appreciated his toughness. His last year here wasn’t as good as the year before because I think he had to pickup too much slack and tried to do too much.

Oweh hasn’t shown anything near that level. He has potential but he still hasn’t tapped into it yet. Maybe he will with a change of scenery or maybe he won’t.

Back