MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Awesome guys! You like JUCO players, congrats...name two who would be beneficial for OU in the portal and makes sense for our roster that we aren't going after currently.

This answered absolutely nothing.

What JUCOs should we go after? Waiting on a list or names.
What an ignorant argument you are making. And you are just doing it to be a dick. Stop.

Your argument is only valid if there is not one, single JUCO player that could help us. Is that the argument you are making?

I'm not a scout. I don't have time to go watch JUCO recruiting videos. I don't recommend HS players for the staff to recruit. I don't request Portal players for the staff to recruit. Why the F would I recommend JUCO players for the staff to recruit? It doesn't take much research to see that there are past JUCO players playing D1 ball that are good enough to contribute at OU. Even if it's not a huge number.

If it weren't for his domestic violence, this is the juco kid you'd want....but yeah, not going to be someone you can add. Former 5 star. Leads juco in scoring.

-----------

Second in scoring, an Okie from Muskogee. Has offers from Siena, Southern Indiana, San Jose State, and Prairie View. He should take the San Jose State offer if it's still valid. Siena isn't...fired coach. Oral Roberts should be beating his door down...maybe even Tulsa.

OK Preps kid. Started his career at Tulsa, then went to Central Michigan. He's an okay player. Not OU caliber.

Last edited:
The answer to your question is in WT’s post I repeated in bold!

While there may not be a gold mine in recruiting juco players, the occasional nugget you’ll find might be worth the effort.
That post is literally the opposite of stats lol. I don’t know, and like WT mentioned later .. don’t care to spend that time .. but some folks get paid to do so and it would be interesting if we had access to some metrics to add clarity to opinion.

Any Mookie Blaylock, Cheese Davis, Harvey Grant, Ricky Grace, Smokey McCovery, or Jackie Jones out there?

That post is literally the opposite of stats lol. I don’t know, and like WT mentioned later .. don’t care to spend that time .. but some folks get paid to do so and it would be interesting if we had access to some metrics to add clarity to opinion.
You are missing the point. I don't care about the hit rate between HS or the Portal and JUCO's. I care about are there any JUCO's that could help our program, and if so, are we giving them a look? That's it.

What an ignorant argument you are making. And you are just doing it to be a dick. Stop.

Your argument is only valid if there is not one, single JUCO player that could help us. Is that the argument you are making?

I'm not a scout. I don't have time to go watch JUCO recruiting videos. I don't recommend HS players for the staff to recruit. I don't request Portal players for the staff to recruit. Why the F would I recommend JUCO players for the staff to recruit? It doesn't take much research to see that there are past JUCO players playing D1 ball that are good enough to contribute at OU. Even if it's not a huge number.
Why are you always so hostile? You are a dick all the time, just relax when someone asks you a question. If you don't have an answer say, 'I don't know'. It is okay. I am simply posing a question to you bc you made a very broad generalized statement. Imagine trying to have a conversation about players OU is targeting and some good back and forth, and then you come in...

I'll pose a simple question so the kids can understand, 'Who is available to help OU from the JUCO ranks that you would like us to go after this year?'

You always pose these large full sweeping comments that allow you to complain every time that offer no solutions, facts, or even options. Next year, when one random JUCO player pops off you will go, "Man, I told you all we should have gone after the JUCO guys. See? I know all the things. *Boo hiss boo hiss*" It is your schtick.

"I'm not a scout. I don't have time to go watch JUCO recruiting videos" Yet you have time to be here and comment silly large-sweeping statements with absolutely no backing. The fact you couldn't even google one name though? It is just really, really lazy.

And no OU, not that any of us was expecting anything with this specific kid....but there was contact.

GJyTDFTXYAARdcD

If it weren't for his domestic violence, this is the juco kid you'd want....but yeah, not going to be someone you can add. Former 5 star. Leads juco in scoring.

-----------

Second in scoring, an Okie from Muskogee. Has offers from Siena, Southern Indiana, San Jose State, and Prairie View. He should take the San Jose State offer if it's still valid. Siena isn't...fired coach. Oral Roberts should be beating his door down...maybe even Tulsa.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Bring him in for an interview and see how it gors

I'm a big believer in second chances and redemption, but sometimes they have to be earned (to a degree). I don't know the guy's story: when the abuse happened, how he's addressed it since, etc. But I too am a hard pass on a domestic abuser unless he can show he's made serious effort and progress in turning his life around. That's what he needs to focus on (if he hasn't already), not hoops.

Garrison is going to be very good at this level. Big men cost a lot more out of the portal. I also seriously doubt that our “highest offer” is anywhere close to what KU paid for the Michigan big man, for instance.
Comparing Garrison to Hunter Dickenson at KU isn't even close.

Georgetown going to be portal heavy and compete next year perhaps?
I want to say the rumor is/was that they didn't use all of their NIL budget last offseason.

This year their budget is supposedly increasing. I haven't seen a lot of GTown buzz, yet, though. I want to say they have 3-4 openings/scholarships available. Need to check their roster to be sure.

They have to make moves...they were so bad this year.

Back