MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Make it make sense

Can’t remember who, but I remember some football guys posting NIL stuff before they transferred. I think they may just be contractually required to do it, and have to get it done before they portal.
That's what it is.

Lol, doesn't mean anything in regards to staying or leaving. Just having fun with it. :)

Where is big with the current JUCO players we should be targeting?

I'm not going to lie, in some cases, I'd rather take a chance on some of those guys than some of the names I've seen attached to us.
I agree with you! Truth is, I have never had a problem with signing a juco player or two if they can help us in some way.

As for bigabd, I think he might have grown weary of stating his case with juco players and being laughed at, even when he clearly made some worthwhile points. If so, can’t say I blame him!

I agree with you! Truth is, I have never had a problem with signing a juco player or two if they can help us in some way.

As for bigabd, I think he might have grown weary of stating his case with juco players and being laughed at, even when he clearly made some worthwhile points. If so, can’t say I blame him!
Surely there’s another Alondes Williams out there.

There are guys out there that can play, and a lot of them play at JUCO's in our state or neighboring states.

Nobody is saying to recruit JUCO's like the Billy Tubbs days. But to completely ignore them is ignorant.
I couldn’t have said it better myself, WT!

I couldn’t have said it better myself, WT!
If that's true we should have some stats on how many actually get picked up and how they do relative to portals and HS recruits. Would expect most teams to have that information. Is it really a gold mine everyone (or just whoever our coach is post Billy) is missing?

If that's true we should have some stats on how many actually get picked up and how they do relative to portals and HS recruits. Would expect most teams to have that information. Is it really a gold mine everyone (or just whoever our coach is post Billy) is missing?
The answer to your question is in WT’s post I repeated in bold!

While there may not be a gold mine in recruiting juco players, the occasional nugget you’ll find might be worth the effort.

Awesome guys! You like JUCO players, congrats...name two who would be beneficial for OU in the portal and makes sense for our roster that we aren't going after currently.

The answer to your question is in WT’s post I repeated in bold!

While there may not be a gold mine in recruiting juco players, the occasional nugget you’ll find might be worth the effort.
This answered absolutely nothing.

What JUCOs should we go after? Waiting on a list or names.

It had more to do with his reliance on hindsight. He generally told us (in thread after thread) who OU should have signed in previous classes rather than who they should sign in upcoming classes (and at that he often oversold even the should-have-signeds). He also tended to assess prospects primarily by how many miles lay between their junior college and Norman.

He has also started more disingenuous threads, intended solely to rile people up, than the rest of the board combined. Play the trickster provocateur often enough and long enough, and people will grow weary of being provoked. Worse, they'll come to view you as someone not to be taken seriously. The topic of this board is obviously not a serious one in the grand scheme of things, but people do take their sports seriously and pranksters generally wear out their welcome pretty quickly.

Back