MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

As predicted... a personal attack. So much for this forum being the place to have differing opinions, as you claim it should.

And since you keep avoiding the simple question- either a yea or nay- of "Will you actively root for OU to lose since, according to your words, it is best for the program?", I guess we can assume the answer.

Just was trying to get it on record since you have NOT answered that question. But I am moving on since I know the answer.
Again, there is no basketball debate going on. I answer your question repeatedly, you pretend I haven’t, then you pretend the answer is the opposite of what I expressly started. I’m fine with someone saying they would rather go 20-13 and get smoked in the first round and keep Moser. I disagree but I can understand. What I won’t let slide is you continuing to lie. If you view that as a personal attack, I suggest the solution is easy: stop lying.

Again, there is no basketball debate going on. I answer your question repeatedly, you pretend I haven’t, then you pretend the answer is the opposite of what I expressly started. I’m fine with someone saying they would rather go 20-13 and get smoked in the first round and keep Moser. I disagree but I can understand. What I won’t let slide is you continuing to lie. If you view that as a personal attack, I suggest the solution is easy: stop lying.
Dude, I have not lied. That is a strong accusation. And yeah, being called a liar IS personal.

And what is it I have lied about? I've only repeated content from your posts, which started with the fact you said you would prefer scenario 3 as scenario one was not realistic. We get it. You want Moser fired. The rest of us aren't happy about his job either. But some disagree that OU losing is preferred if it means an earlier departure.

It was a simple question that, once again, you have not answered. Are you going to actively root against OU next year so Moser will be fired?

You constantly claim we should have open debates about OU basketball, where differing opinions are welcomed. But you do not follow that as you lash out personally with those that debate your view, or question your opinion.

Furthermore, I've been on this board 16 years since its origination, one of the OGs. Plenty of threads, discussions, and debates among a lot of posters. You're the only one to ever call me a liar, unintelligent, or not able to read. The only one. And that includes those emotionally charged COVID threads. And you've done it several times on this thread alone, today. I've disagreed with @WTSooner in this thread too, and the arguments can get spirited, but I've never felt he makes it personal. I respect that and his posts, regardless if I disagree. But your act is getting old, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that.

I was going to let my point drop, as this is a BASKETBALL board, but I will not continually be accused of lying without defending myself.

yo WS....let me make it easier for you.

Would you rather OU win a title next year and keep PM until he retires (let's say 10 more years) or OU miss the tourney next year and PM is fired.

There is so much attacking back and forth on here that I can't seem to ever get much actual information, which is what I come here in hopes for. Why do people attack each other for a difference of opinion? I think it's totally okay that we don't all agree on certain aspects of sports, but the constant bickering back and forth, for pages upon pages is incredibly annoying :(

My question for the board is:

Is Jalen Moore still up in the air, as far as coming back/going pro? Or do we have him for certain for next season?

Who outside of Moore, is everyone most looking forward to watching and/or expect to be our most productive player?? I honestly don't know much about any of these new transfers, and it's hard for me to expect much when the competition they previously had (mostly) has been mid-major level....

Is the SEC expected to be good from top to bottom in MBB?

There is so much attacking back and forth on here that I can't seem to ever get much actual information, which is what I come here in hopes for. Why do people attack each other for a difference of opinion? I think it's totally okay that we don't all agree on certain aspects of sports, but the constant bickering back and forth, for pages upon pages is incredibly annoying :(

My question for the board is:

Is Jalen Moore still up in the air, as far as coming back/going pro? Or do we have him for certain for next season?

Who outside of Moore, is everyone most looking forward to watching and/or expect to be our most productive player?? I honestly don't know much about any of these new transfers, and it's hard for me to expect much when the competition they previously had (mostly) has been mid-major level....

Is the SEC expected to be good from top to bottom in MBB?
Jalen Moore is just trying to get feedback from as many sources as possible as to his next-level readiness. Not one source states he is at risk of not coming back.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the shooting of Jadon Jones and the overall play of Duke Miles translate to this level. And to see if what the staff sees in Elvis is real.

And those who originally thought moving to the SEC would be easier for us in basketball might think differently- the SEC will be tough. 10-12 teams of the 16 will be bidding for NCAA berths, with the top 4-5 teams contending for the top 10. The SEC may not be as good at the very bottom as the Big XII, but it will still be a major grind.

Jalen Moore is just trying to get feedback from as many sources as possible as to his next-level readiness. Not one source states he is at risk of not coming back.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the shooting of Jadon Jones and the overall play of Duke Miles translate to this level. And to see if what the staff sees in Elvis is real.

And those who originally thought moving to the SEC would be easier for us in basketball might think differently- the SEC will be tough. 10-12 teams of the 16 will be bidding for NCAA berths, with the top 4-5 teams contending for the top 10. The SEC may not be as good at the very bottom as the Big XII, but it will still be a major grind.
This is exactly how I feel, except the style of play in the SEC won’t be near as physical as the big12. That might help OU’s lack of a bruising big man. I was hoping for a true difference maker at the 1 or 2, hopefully Miles is that but not what I was hoping. I’m not high on Goodline, I think the JUCO guy can pass him by conference play. If this team can really play defense then I give them an outside chance to make the tournament.

I thought Lon retired?
Lol. Good humor, but only 1 year out of 10 like that, and made the tournament 8 of 10 years with 1 Sweet 16 and another in the Final Four year.

Granted, he wasn't winning the conference but I bet you would trade for that track record right now in this NIL era, right?

yo WS....let me make it easier for you.

Would you rather OU win a title next year and keep PM until he retires (let's say 10 more years) or OU miss the tourney next year and PM is fired.
I answer that exact question as explicitly as it gets. Again, if you can’t read, that’s not on me.

Any chance Wague gets pushed out now that guys like Kuluma and Ugonna are officially back out there?

I've disagreed with @WTSooner in this thread too, and the arguments can get spirited, but I've never felt he makes it personal. I respect that and his posts, regardless if I disagree.
Thank you, bestie!

michael-scott-the-office.gif

Back