MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I also think the difference I notice from past seasons is that so many of our transfers are coming from low or mid majors. Last year, Moore, Waldo, and Hugley were guys with power conference experience. JM and Dart were the two guys stepping up multiple levels. We saw how much a guy like JM struggled once the competition amped up in conference play. He looked like a world beater against bad teams but was a below average Big 12 starting guard. And he came in with more fanfare and higher ratings than this group.

And there were quite a few guys on here who were majorly down on the additions of Soares and Moore before the season started.

And there were quite a few guys on here who were majorly down on the additions of Soares and Moore before the season started.
True. No one is correct 100 percent of the time; I’m sure not. But we would need three or four guys with no experience at this level to all be really good players next season, and the odds of that seem so long. It’s something I learned a long time ago as a baseball fan: the more “ifs” you have going into a season, the less chance you’ll have a successful season. Every now and then, all the “ifs” will fall your way, but more often than not, some/all of them won’t.

No comment.

As I posted in the 2024-25 thread, keeping the fingers crossed that we get Fears by default and move Godwin or someone to a "NIL scholly" to free up a spot. Not that I feel that Fears is a make-it-or-break-it player, but with his talent and position and no offense to Mo, I would feel a lot better with his addition than closing the roster with just Wague.

I know...I'm on the "oh crap" side of our roster...but man...I PRAY we can be competitive. We shall see

I also think the difference I notice from past seasons is that so many of our transfers are coming from low or mid majors. Last year, Moore, Waldo, and Hugley were guys with power conference experience. JM and Dart were the two guys stepping up multiple levels. We saw how much a guy like JM struggled once the competition amped up in conference play. He looked like a world beater against bad teams but was a below average Big 12 starting guard. And he came in with more fanfare and higher ratings than this group.
100% this is why I am very cautious about next season.

Don’t know anything about him but if he actually grew 3 inches between senior year in high school and freshman year of college, that’s not something you see every day!

It’s clear Moser knows that the roster needs to get better. I don’t care how they make it happen from a scholarship standpoint, but it’s clear they have a plan to do so if we can get another player.

I remember someone mentioned about my post about the transfor portal, with his sarcasm trying to make fun of my post of staying on topic!! Witchita Sooner, apology accepted!!!

I remember someone mentioned about my post about the transfor portal, with his sarcasm trying to make fun of my post of staying on topic!! Witchita Sooner, apology accepted!!!
First off, you are referring to the wrong poster. Second, I’m not sure this post is in English. Otherwise, well done.

Back