MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Sampson said many years ago he implemented a a 4 guard system at WSU because there are so many good players that are 6'5 and under. The talented ones above that are extremely hard to land, as they almost always go to 5-10 schools.

Give me a guy like Doolittle at the 5 any day over guys like Godwin, Hugley, and Norweather. You can't convince me that our best lineup last year wasn't Soares at the 4 and Moore at 5. In the preseason I even considered Oweh and Cooper as targets for the 4 spot. By all means, swing for the fences with Garrison, but if we miss, we need to be prepared to put Moore at 5. This isn't the 90s...it's not even innovative anymore. Have a Godwin or Hugley on the roster for situations, but find a way to get the best guys on the floor.
KJ ADAMS would be great…. I think moser is so enthralled with a skilled bug guy who can handle, pass, and shoot. That guy is either going to be a 5 star pro like Filipkoski or a overweight defensive liability like Hughley.

Pay him whatever it takes.
I really worry that we are all assuming that if we get him, the guy is going to be the next Bill Walton. Obviously I’m exaggerating, but the point is, while he has potential, he is not a sure thing. And that’s especially so given the very spotty track record Moser has of developing players in Norman.

I really worry that we are all assuming that if we get him, the guy is going to be the next Bill Walton. Obviously I’m exaggerating, but the point is, while he has potential, he is not a sure thing. And that’s especially so given the very spotty track record Moser has of developing players in Norman.
Here’s the thing, we haven’t had a dude in the post with his kind of potential since Blake. At this point, risks need to be taken.

That is my fear as well, plus Garrison likes to run the floor for a big guy. Moser plays so slow, hopefully Garrison can look past that.

When we had Austin Reaves and Doolittle we kinda gave those 2 the ball at times and force fed them. Trae Young before that was ball dominant. I guess you can say we did that with Sherfield. But we really haven't had players that good that they can take over games last year. McCollum in a couple games. Oweh had that game against North Carolina but it was all down hill after that.

I now view Oweh and Uzan's time in Norman as a bust, and I won't be at all surprised to see both do better at their next stop. Very disappointing. Many fans gave Moser lots of credit for signing them, but having them progress only marginally as Sooners and then depart after two seasons is a major loss, in my eyes. Undergoing a near-complete rebuild season after season after season is not winning basketball.

Better hope Garrison comes here. If not, it will be a long, long, long season next year. OU needs him and 2 or 3 guards from the Portal.

So moser’s 2 stud recruits, 1 who started and played every game as a freshman are leaving.

Still don’t believe it’s moser’s fault we stink? lol ok…

I now view Oweh and Uzan's time in Norman as a bust, and I won't be at all surprised to see both do better at their next stop. Very disappointing. Many fans gave Moser lots of credit for signing them, but having them progress only marginally as Sooners and then depart after two seasons is a major loss, in my eyes. Undergoing a near-complete rebuild season after season after season is not winning basketball.
Better get use to it no matter who the coach is. That’s what college basketball is now (in regards to rebuilds year after year). It’s become less about basketball and developing and more about NIL and recruiting

So moser’s 2 stud recruits, 1 who started and played every game as a freshman are leaving.

Still don’t believe it’s moser’s fault we stink? lol ok…
I think he missed on recruiting and he hasn’t developed the players well.

But I don’t think much more could be expected from the group of players we had

We have 4 spots?

We should probably process yaya and bring in 2 posts.

We need a PG, some shooters/wings, and a center.

KJ ADAMS would be great…. I think moser is so enthralled with a skilled bug guy who can handle, pass, and shoot. That guy is either going to be a 5 star pro like Filipkoski or an overweight defensive liability like Hughley.
It’s kind of overlooked, but Krutwig did not shoot one three pointer in his senior season. He was a good passer though and had good footwork. But he wasn’t a shooter.

We have 4 spots?

We should probably process yaya and bring in 2 posts.

We need a PG, some shooters/wings, and a center.
We should absolutely process anyone and everyone that is not playing (minus the freshmen from last year or course). Its cut throat semi-pro ball now. Do or die

Back