MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

KJ ADAMS would be great…. I think moser is so enthralled with a skilled bug guy who can handle, pass, and shoot. That guy is either going to be a 5 star pro like Filipkoski or a overweight defensive liability like Hughley.
KJ would be able to go anywhere. He’d never consider OU if he left.

This is another kid to watch for.

OU really liked him in high school. Will they try again? It's expected that he'll hit the portal. Maybe as early as tomorrow.

Would he help? I mean, at the very least, I'd rather have him over Yaya.

I really worry that we are all assuming that if we get him, the guy is going to be the next Bill Walton. Obviously I’m exaggerating, but the point is, while he has potential, he is not a sure thing. And that’s especially so given the very spotty track record Moser has of developing players in Norman.
I think some people on here would be unhappy with Bill Walton. (who am I kidding, Bill was a freak)

The thing that you can't argue against, at least I don't think, is that Garrison would be the best 5 Porter has had in his tenure and possibly since Kruger had Spangler. (We can debate that at a later time) Would be an instant boost to our inside defensive effort and finishing/rebounding. Spacing, who knows, but I would have to assume he would fit better than Hugley IV.

KJ ADAMS would be great…. I think moser is so enthralled with a skilled bug guy who can handle, pass, and shoot. That guy is either going to be a 5 star pro like Filipkoski or a overweight defensive liability like Hughley.
Is he an option? I'd be over the moon to have him in the 5-spot next year.

I found this interesting, just base stats:

1711967489987.png

Some of our productive "big men" of the past based on year...very heavy on PFs tbh

Osby, Spangler, Thomas, and Groves standout with PPG and RPG numbers. 10+/7+ seasons

Last edited:
Yep, that was point with the Mayo + Pedulla + Javian hypothetical. Felt something brewing. When you include Dante Maddox, and to a lesser degree, Marcus Hill, JP Pegues, etc, it seems like they're replacing the 1, 2, 3 spots.

Ou was the favorite before Ku offered. Just fyi.
And he has since shown himself to be a stud on one of the best teams in America, and has seen how bad our program has been. He will have more offers now than he did coming out of high school.

Oof that would be weird unless we know we’re getting Mayo and Pedulla.
Really hope that is the case. Considering CT mentioned he (Javian) was still 50/50 earlier.

If Moser goes to Javian and says, we have Pedulla pending and Mayo in the works (finalizing the details), would you want to play alongside those guys? Then Javian says "no", what are you going to do? (Also Pope 🤞)

I hope he has 2 lined up already and this isn't a, "You know what, I am out, good luck anyway" case. Left scrambling scenario.

I’m sure if JM leaves, we will still have people defending Moser. Maybe even arguing that buys him another 8-10 years to get his guys in place lol.

Lololol. If we lose tega Los hugely. Only those 3. You’ll have close to the least turnover in all of CBB.
So losing 2 “starters”, one as a freshman is nothing? Ok… it’s not just about a number. But ya you’re the “coach” so your opinion means soo much more. 🤣🤣

I think he missed on recruiting and he hasn’t developed the players well.

But I don’t think much more could be expected from the group of players we had
I agree, my point was losing two guys who were 2 of our “better” recruits under him and folks still think he’s the right guy

Re-do Jalon’s NIL please. Don’t let him hit the portal.
Meh. I don't really want both him and Pedulla. Nothing about JM isn't replaceable. I hate replacing all of our top 5 guards (JM, Uzan, Soares, Oweh, and Darthard), but holding onto JM doesn't do a ton for me personally.

Remember when my biggest complaint about Moser was a general "state of the program", well, this stuff is a big part of it. If Moser can't get kids on campus, keep them for 2-3 years, and DEVELOP them he is worthless to OU as a basketball coach. So far he's shown he can get them here, but not the other two things.

Back